Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put the word out: McCarron for a 1st round pick.
(03-10-2016, 04:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron also has a 6.94 yards per attempt when starting and including the Steelers games. Ranking him 28th in the league, behind Blaine Gabbert.
Also, he averaged 208.8 yards per game. Ranking him 32nd in the NFl, behind Matt Hasselbeck.

You can twist stats to say whatever you want.

Fact is, Dalton is our starter. McCarron is a backup. Hobson said they'd listen to offers if there was a 2nd round pick involved.

No one is offering a second round pick or a starter.

Of course, we could trade Dalton for two 1st round picks. Then we'd get two starters for the price of one. I think that should be our new campaign to the front office. Yes. Get two starters for the price of one. Makes total sense, if I were using the logic presented in this thread.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 07:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: No one is offering a second round pick or a starter.

Of course, we could trade Dalton for two 1st round picks. Then we'd get two starters for the price of one. I think that should be our new campaign to the front office. Yes. Get two starters for the price of one. Makes total sense, if I were using the logic presented in this thread.

Adam Schefter reported that he could see teams making offers to the Bengals for McCarron.

Hobson said that the Bengals would not be interested in trading him unless it were for a 2nd round pick.

Quit. McCarron is a backup, not a starter or a team captain or a franchise player. You're reaching too much.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 08:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Adam Schefter reported that he could see teams making offers to the Bengals for McCarron.

Hobson said that the Bengals would not be interested in trading him unless it were for a 2nd round pick.

Quit. McCarron is a backup, not a starter or a team captain or a franchise player. You're reaching too much.

My franchise would have to be in dire straits for me to put up a first or second round pick for macaroni. As you said, he's a backup, albeit a good one by nfl standards, but still a backup nonetheless. 

That being said, I'd be ecstatic if the front office was able to pull off a great trade for him.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 08:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Adam Schefter reported that he could see teams making offers to the Bengals for McCarron.

I've not said he was a starter or team captain or anything other than a backup QB that happen to need.

Reply/Quote
Said it before and will say it again. Would trade McCarron for a second round pick in a second round pick.

Do not hate the kid at all but Dalton is the man in Cincinnati. This will only lead to McCarron walking away for nothing to become a starter as soon as he is a FA.

Really could use an extra pick with so many departures.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I know he hasn't played much, but I kinda like Matt Moore as a backup if someone actually bowls over Cincy for McCarron somehow. There isn't much out there though, so I'd rather have a rotational player than pay 3.5-4M for a backup.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because who else besides McCarron could possibly do nothing but miss open passes, throw an INT, fumble three times, have a completion percentage under 60%, get happy feet and scramble 9 yards on 5 rushes while taking wayyy too many sacks, and an average of 5.2 yards per attempt, against the 31st ranked pass defense in the NFL... only to get saved by the defense ? Ninja

Dalton got a freak injury. He has missed 3 games in 5 years. Lets not pretend Dalton is Sam Bradford or Tony Romo, out there getting hurt a lot. Dalton will be fine, and if he isn't, then they are probably doomed with McCarron under center anyway.
Sounds worthy of a 1st round pick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The word is out and a reply has sent back around the NFL....no thanks
Reply/Quote
Even if the Bengals don't want to deal him, they would be stupid to not put it out there as "taking offers."

This is a Bengals FO that is obsessed with draft picks. If someone floats a top 50 pick out there for a backup QB who is going to leave in 2 years, you have to at least listen.
Reply/Quote
They Traded for Mark Sanchez. Conditional 7th in 2017
Reply/Quote
I say keep him, never know when Dalton could go down god forbid. Always good to have a backup plan.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:13 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So you're telling me there is no other QB in the draft that can be a backup QB? Or even in free agency?

Anyone can be a BAD back up QB.

We need a guy who can step in and win some games if andy goes down.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 03:54 PM)magikod Wrote: I say keep him, never know when Dalton could go down god forbid. Always good to have a backup plan.

Yeah Jim and Paul just covered this in the latest BBP. Bengals are in the drivers seat.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone can be a BAD back up QB.

We need a guy who can step in and win some games if andy goes down.

I agree with that, and there's guys in free agency and the draft that can do that as well.

I just don't think trading McCarron would be as devastating as people are making it out to be.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Where it would be interesting to trade McCarron is if part of the plan is drafting another QB, developing them and then trading them. Both Green Bay and New England made out well on additional picks gained by being backup QB factories.
Reply/Quote
How about 2 2nd rounders instead....
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote