Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putin’s Price Hike
Chew on this narrative and swallow it, otherwise you’re in lockstep with Putin of course.

https://twitter.com/jesselee46/status/1513874750875090957?s=21
Reply/Quote
That party will stop at no lengths to avoid accepting the negative results of their decision making.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:08 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Chew on this narrative and swallow it, otherwise you’re in lockstep with Putin of course.

Heck it could be a combination of things and Putin's invasion might have made it even worse.

Or we could just blame it all on Biden since everyone of his policies have been rubberstamped through congress for the last year.  Right? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Heck it could be a combination of things and Putin's invasion might have made it even worse.

Or we could just blame it all on Biden since everyone of his policies have been rubberstamped through congress for the last year.  Right? Mellow

I must have missed where they branded it the “Combination of Things that Putin Made Worse by Invading Price Hike”. My fault if I did.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I must have missed where they branded it the “Combination of Things that Putin Made Worse by Invading Price Hike”. My fault if I did.

Oh there's a political spin involved in blaming it on Putin...assuming the administration is blaming it all on Putin and not just part of it.

But I was just saying that's not true, it's not all Putin.  So your post was correct in questioning it. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:08 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Chew on this narrative and swallow it, otherwise you’re in lockstep with Putin of course.

Manchin has already put the lie to this spin.

https://thehill.com/news/senate/3265401-manchin-on-inflation-biden-administration-failed-to-act-fast-enough/

Not that anyone but hardcore Dems would have bought this line of bullshit anyways.  Using the current logic, there is bipartisan agreement that Biden is responsible for the high level of inflation.  You have to give Manchin credit, he was sounding the higher inflation alarm when he denied BBB.  Maybe his colleagues should have listened to him instead of labeling him a Quisling.  
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh there's a political spin involved in blaming it on Putin...assuming the administration is blaming it all on Putin and not just part of it.

There's no assumption necessary.  They're calling it the "Putin price hike."  We don't need to assume what they flat out told us.  Also, the tweet in OP is getting ratioed and lambasted.  Good to see.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's no assumption necessary.  They're calling it the "Putin price hike."  We don't need to assume what they flat out told us.  Also, the tweet in OP is getting ratioed and lambasted.  Good to see.

It's gaslighting at it's worst, so it's good to see people blasting the idiot.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's no assumption necessary.  They're calling it the "Putin price hike."  We don't need to assume what they flat out told us.  Also, the tweet in OP is getting ratioed and lambasted.  Good to see.

They’re throwing a bunch of shit at the wall and amazingly, based on the most recent Quinnipiac poll, 33% of that shit is sticking.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:28 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's gaslighting at it's worst, so it's good to see people blasting the idiot.

100% agreed.

(04-13-2022, 10:32 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They’re throwing a bunch of shit at the wall and amazingly, based on the most recent Quinnipiac poll, 33% of that shit is sticking.

Eh, that's nothing new.  I'd say around a third of both party's adherents are blindly partisan and accept whatever the party line is with little to no questioning.  The left is certainly not unique in this regard.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Eh, that's nothing new.  I'd say around a third of both party's adherents are blindly partisan and accept whatever the party line is with little to no questioning.  The left is certainly not unique in this regard.

Oh that is 100% true.  Extremism and blindness are not unique to either party.  There's bunches of it in this forum every day.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: 100% agreed.

Eh, that's nothing new.  I'd say around a third of both party's adherents are blindly partisan and accept whatever the party line is with little to no questioning.  The left is certainly not unique in this regard.

Which is also amazing. Man, that 33% on either side is dug in LOL
Reply/Quote
I'm just sitting here amazed at the direction they are going. They are losing more and more Democrats with the far left agendas this administration is pushing, and they seem oblivious to it. Economy, school issues, the border, etc., all issues Dems are coming out against him and now he is diving back into gun control, which is another losing issue for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I must have missed where they branded it the “Combination of Things that Putin Made Worse by Invading Price Hike”. My fault if I did.

(04-13-2022, 10:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh there's a political spin involved in blaming it on Putin...assuming the administration is blaming it all on Putin and not just part of it.

But I was just saying that's not true, it's not all Putin.  So your post was correct in questioning it. ThumbsUp

I wanted to clarify that just because Biden says "Putin price hike" doesn't mean that is the only thing he has ever said about inflation.  That's what I mean about if this administration is solely blaming Putin versus using one time he said it and saying he's blaming it ALL on Putin.

Clearly this has been an issue since the economy started heating up again post the heaviest of Covid and that has been addressed by Biden and the administration.

Like when he mentioned Putin affecting a spike in fuel prices:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/10/statement-by-president-biden-on-consumer-price-index-in-february/

That is not solely blaming Putin.

But that one statement, about the spike, will get played into a partisan spin where most republicans will say Biden is solely blaming Putin for all of the inflation.  

But it wasn't that long ago I was told to not worry about what the POTUS says but what he meant so maybe we're not working under those rules anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: I wanted to clarify that just because Biden says "Putin price hike" doesn't mean that is the only thing he has ever said about inflation.  That's what I mean about if this administration is solely blaming Putin versus using one time he said it and saying he's blaming it ALL on Putin.

Clearly this has been an issue since the economy started heating up again post the heaviest of Covid and that has been addressed by Biden and the administration.

Like when he mentioned Putin affecting a spike in fuel prices:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/10/statement-by-president-biden-on-consumer-price-index-in-february/

That is not solely blaming Putin.

But that one statement, about the spike, will get played into a partisan spin where most republicans will say Biden is solely blaming Putin for all of the inflation.  

But it wasn't that long ago I was told to not worry about what the POTUS says but what he meant so maybe we're not working under those rules anymore.

You should change your screen name to Gunga Din with all the water you carry for the Democratic party.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
If inflation is at its highest since 81, can't Biden pull a Reagan and blame it on the one term dingleberry that came before him? Why even bring the Russians into it this time.....again? Wow, it really is yesterday once more.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 10:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If inflation is at its highest since 81, can't Biden pull a Reagan and blame it on the one term dingleberry that came before him?  Why even bring the Russians into it this time.....again?  Wow, it really is yesterday once more.

He is pulling a Reagan, just in a different way.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 10:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He is pulling a Reagan, just in a different way.  Cool

Someone shot him to impress Jodie Foster?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Someone shot him to impress Jodie Foster?

Which never made sense because she bats for the other team. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Which never made sense because she bats for the other team. Ninja

I wonder if that was a known thing back then if Hinkley wouldn't have shot Reagan to impress her?
Reply/Quote