Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putin: Obama is a 'decent,' 'very responsible' man
Interesting to hear Putin is able to show respect where respect is due.  I wonder what extremists with closeted feelings about Putin will come up with as rationale...  So, if Putin says Obama is a 'decent' individual, what would that make a 'christian' american citizen who extols a divorced Putin while calling Obama a terrorist?  Not a decent person?  Low life scum?  Mentally ill?

Quote:Putin: Obama is a 'decent,' 'very responsible' man

Russian President Vladimir Putin praised President Barack Obama as a "decent man" on Thursday for admitting the worst mistake of his presidency involved a national security-related decision.

"Firstly, it once again confirms that the current U.S. president is a decent man, because to say such a thing is not easy. And that's very good that my colleague possesses the courage to make such statements," Putin said, according to reports of his annual call-in show where he traditionally sits for up to four hours answering Russian citizens' questions.
Story Continued Below

Putin appeared to be referring to remarks Obama made in an interview aired Sunday with Fox News' Chris Wallace, when he referenced his "worst mistake" of his administration as "failing to plan for the day after" the fall of Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi in 2011.
According to NBC News' account, Putin remarked of Obama's impending departure from the White House: "We all leave sometime. It is pointless to regret, you need to continue working."
"I must say [of] that the U.S. president — you can give different assessment, it's up to the American citizens to assess, but he's working, working hard," Putin said. "And I'm sure it will continue until the last moment of staying on the job — he is very responsible."
When asked why Russia does not have more political parties, according to NBC, Putin instead took a shot at the American system.
"Take the States. First, Bush Sr. had the power, then Bush Jr. — the family in any case," he said. "[Bill] Clinton served two terms, now his wife is a contender — the family may get to stay in power again."
Invoking a Russian folk expression, he added, "As we say, husband and wife are the same devil."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Oh well if he said it out loud, then he must mean it.

What does Christianity have to do with any of this? How many people do you you actually know who think Putin is a great guy? I know I keep hearing how all conservatives love Putin, but I don't actually know a single one who has anything but contempt for the man.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-06-2016, 02:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh well if he said it out loud, then he must mean it.  

What does Christianity have to do with any of this?  How many people do you you actually know who think Putin is a great guy?  I know I keep hearing how all conservatives love Putin, but I don't actually know a single one who has anything but contempt for the man.

The people I've encountered who love Putin and think he's a great leader have also been christians.  Pseudo or not, they claim it, I attribute it.  Threw that in there because Putin took a shit on his wife of 30 + years, but apparently that's not a big deal for christian family values anymore.
(05-06-2016, 02:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The people I've encountered who love Putin and think he's a great leader have also been christians.  Pseudo or not, they claim it, I attribute it.  Threw that in there because Putin took a shit on his wife of 30 + years, but apparently that's not a big deal for christian family values anymore.

Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-06-2016, 02:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The people I've encountered who love Putin and think he's a great leader have also been christians.  Pseudo or not, they claim it, I attribute it.  Threw that in there because Putin took a shit on his wife of 30 + years, but apparently that's not a big deal for christian family values anymore.

Most of the country is Christian, including the majority of people who don't like Putin.  How is it relevant?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-06-2016, 02:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Most of the country is Christian, including the majority of people who don't like Putin.  How is it relevant?

It wouldn't be if these particular christians just kept that shit to themselves and didn't push it on others.  Unfortunately, like 'most of the country', this is not the case, so I attribute it to them and call out the hypocrisy considering his divorce.  If christians didn't want to be labled as such, they could keep it in their homes and churches.

Take the christianity out of it.  What do you think this says about an american citizen who thinks Putin is a better leader because of his 'strength'?  Would that undermine the basis for their stance?  

I'm not certain these individuals have the personal fortitude to even acknowledge the existence of such statements.  They'll just crawl under the rock they protect themselves with and wait for someone to give them another reason to call our POTUS a terrorist.
(05-06-2016, 02:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: It wouldn't be if these particular christians just kept that shit to themselves and didn't push it on others.  Unfortunately, like 'most of the country', this is not the case, so I attribute it to them and call out the hypocrisy considering his divorce.  If christians didn't want to be labled as such, they could keep it in their homes and churches.

Take the christianity out of it.  What do you think this says about an american citizen who thinks Putin is a better leader because of his 'strength'?  Would that undermine the basis for their stance?  

I'm not certain these individuals have the personal fortitude to even acknowledge the existence of such statements.  They'll just crawl under the rock they protect themselves with and wait for someone to give them another reason to call our POTUS a terrorist.

And lots of people on the left called Bush and Cheney terrorists.  People on the left call Obama a terrorist because of drones.  Did you think Christianity was involved in these instances?  Are any of these people saying admiring Putin is the Christian thing to do?

I'm not even trying to defend Christianity, it just seems as if people think that as long as they throw Christian or old white men in front of a statement, their logic is unassailable.

Like, literally?

Mellow
(05-06-2016, 03:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And lots of people on the left called Bush and Cheney terrorists.  People on the left call Obama a terrorist because of drones.  Did you think Christianity was involved in these instances?  Are any of these people saying admiring Putin is the Christian thing to do?

I'm not even trying to defend Christianity, it just seems as if people think that as long as they throw Christian or old white men in front of a statement, their logic is unassailable.

Totally understand your point.  Calling Obama a terrorist for drone strikes is one thing, calling him a terrorist because he's not a christian or 'panders' to muslims is completely different.  

To be clear thought, by no means am I lumping all christians into the same bucket in this instance.  

Quote:So, if Putin says Obama is a 'decent' individual, what would that make a 'christian' american citizen who extols a divorced Putin while calling Obama a terrorist?

Do you have a comment on this hypothetical person, or would you like to continue playing the 'christianity is being targeted' card?  Personally, I think this hypothetical person has their priorities wrong, is mentally incapable of rationale thought or possibly has self esteem issues.
(05-06-2016, 03:05 PM)Benton Wrote: Like, literally?

Mellow

Blatant act of fecesism.