Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Q and a
Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 10:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: My handwriting is worse than doctors hand writing. Failed classes growing up bc I couldn't write neat. At all.

I don't think Au was asking for a scan of handwritten notes, just transcribe to text.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think Au was asking for a scan of handwritten notes, just transcribe to text.

Oh....in that case, his dog ate it....
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think Au was asking for a scan of handwritten notes, just transcribe to text.

Well I have to get it down as well. When I take notes I write times on which videos in which specific plays appeal to me as well as what the plays were. Then I go through strengths and weaknesses. Then I go through best fit, etc.  All in all it's about 8-10 pages  per player. I give the short version on here but it takes time to summarize all that, something I don't have a lot of right now. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 04:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Orlando Brown.

No more small OL. Beef it up and lets jam it down the throat of the AFC north.

No idea what Fishers illness was. But as of now im not counting on him.

Ogbuehi did show a little improvement. Not enough for me to feel good about him though. If he gets a little better then fine. Put Orlando at RT

STRENGTHS:

sealing backside run with body
screen disguise
double team moving to second level
pro bowl level tackle if he learns technique and effort

WEAKNESSES
gets beat inside a lot
no blitz/stunt IQ
gets no push at los on runs
gets pushed back at los on runs
lack of instincts/leverage in run game
inconsistent
even at his size loses bull rushes
very cumbersome/slow feet
bad base
gets easily beat by leverage speed rushers(3 easy loses by nick bosa alone)
doesn't dominate in run game
nfl level defenses confuse him
he fully extends his arms

I REALLY WANTED TO LIKE HIM.  he was a second round pick in the preseason before watching his tape. but man hes not a good lineman that can step right in right now, even at rt. he dosent recognize stunts/blitzes at all, gets beat by safetys/lbers. a 3-4 team would have a field day with him. rarely gets in 3 point stance. In the run game he either gets blown back or dosent move the de at all off the los even when hes got 100 pounds on him. in pass protection hes very inconsistent. when he tries he can be really good. but he very inconsistent if I had to pick one word to describe him. most of the time he just gives a shove and expects you to fall down. if u don't hes beat at that point. he has horrible technique with no bend in his arms. when he pulls, he just does this slow walk/jog. lack of effort is obvious. before watching tape there were 3-4 tackles I would take before him maybe. after tape, theres a minimum of 10-12. his pro comp is Erick flowers at this point in his career. he however with a great oline coach can be molded into a pro bowl tackle but not for a minimum of 2 years because you have to question his effort to go along with bad base and bad technique. hell be a mid 2nd round pick between 48-56, but hes not worth that. id take him in the range that alex cappa/jamarco jones go.
Reply/Quote
Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:54 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump
Hilarious

C'mon give the man his analysis!

Bengalhawk - this reminds me of when you can wait at the bar to get a beer and literally everyone else gets served before you #invisibleman
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:54 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump

(02-19-2018, 09:29 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Hilarious

C'mon give the man his analysis!

Bengalhawk - this reminds me of when you can wait at the bar to get a beer and literally everyone else gets served before you #invisibleman

Story of my life.  I'm over here dying of thirst. 

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Scout never had notes, he just went wherever Tonto wanted him to.

Hilarious

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump

Can I get my stapler back? My, my, m-m-m-my stapler. Can I have it?

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 09:20 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump

Can I get my stapler back? My, my, m-m-m-my stapler.  Can I have it?
Yours will be the next one I do. I was gonna go in order but f it. 
Reply/Quote
Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump

Reply/Quote
Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump

Reply/Quote
Malik Jefferson
Reply/Quote
Allen Lazard

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 10:49 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Allen Lazard

and

Hakeem Butler

bump

Rock On

Keep the faith Bengalhawk....good things come to those who wait & wait & wait & wait.... ThumbsUp

As a Brit who knows very little about college ball I'm tempted to do my own analysis seeing as JPoore is neglecting you - here goes...

Allen Lazard - an optimistic Gemini who loves toy poodles and Asian fusion cuisine Lazard looks to be a mid round steal for any NFL team who values good catholic values and protestant work ethic.

For any team looking for WR above 6'4'' but below 6'6'' then Allen is your man...plus he can go on all the rides at Disneyland.

Allen played for Iowa State. Their nickname is the Cyclones  - which is ironic seeing as Lazard's parents were tragically blown away in a violent storm event when Lazard was 8 years old.

As a WR Allen has very strong hands - seriously if no-one can open the pickle jar in the team canteen then 'hands of stone' Lazard is your go to man.  

During his college career Lazard caught 241 passes, 3 STD's and 5 flu viruses.  He also got 572 facebook likes in his senior year.

If I had a cat I would name it after Allen Lazard - he's that good a QB.....sorry WR.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 07:10 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Rock On

Keep the faith Bengalhawk....good things come to those who wait & wait & wait & wait.... ThumbsUp

As a Brit who knows very little about college ball I'm tempted to do my own analysis seeing as JPoore is neglecting you - here goes...

Allen Lazard - an optimistic Gemini who loves toy poodles and Asian fusion cuisine Lazard looks to be a mid round steal for any NFL team who values good catholic values and protestant work ethic.

For any team looking for WR above 6'4'' but below 6'6'' then Allen is your man...plus he can go on all the rides at Disneyland.

Allen played for Iowa State. Their nickname is the Cyclones  - which is ironic seeing as Lazard's parents were tragically blown away in a violent storm event when Lazard was 8 years old.

As a WR Allen has very strong hands - seriously if no-one can open the pickle jar in the team canteen then 'hands of stone' Lazard is your go to man.  

During his college career Lazard caught 241 passes, 3 STD's and 5 flu viruses.  He also got 572 facebook likes in his senior year.

If I had a cat I would name it after Allen Lazard - he's that good a QB.....sorry WR.

Much appreciated.  I like your assessment of Lazard.  but I could have sworn he had a lot more than 3 college std's......that guy got around!  with guys and gals, I've been told.  he's not picky.  I still think he would look great in the stripes next year.  big strong possession type receiver, ala Michael Floyd. 

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 02:18 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Much appreciated.  I like your assessment of Lazard.  but I could have sworn he had a lot more than 3 college std's......that guy got around!  with guys and gals, I've been told.  he's not picky.  I still think he would look great in the stripes next year.  big strong possession type receiver, ala Michael Floyd. 

you know what..I genuinely will keep an eye out for Lazard to see where he is drafted now. 

Sounds good prospect but our WR room is already full of young, unproven guys so maybe not for us this draft?

If JPoore does nor get around to Hakeem Butler soon I may be forced to bring my Mayock like analysis to him also ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 08:01 PM)sonofstat Wrote: you know what..I genuinely will keep an eye out for Lazard to see where he is drafted now. 

Sounds good prospect but our WR room is already full of young, unproven guys so maybe not for us this draft?

If JPoore does nor get around to Hakeem Butler soon I may be forced to bring my Mayock like analysis to him also ThumbsUp

Lazard is actually a good WR.  I don't know if the Bengals need a possession type receiver this year though so I highly doubt he comes to Cincy.  But ya, I'm definitely going to follow him in the draft and whatever team he ends up going to.  To me he's in the mold of a Michael Floyd? 
I was looking for Hakeem Butler in all the draft analysts pages and couldn't find him.  So I went to the ISU football home page and found out he's returning to ISU this year.  He's even bigger than Lazard is.  Lazard got all the attention, the pregame hype and double teams in college, that it opened up Butler.  Teams would forget about him and he'd streak across the back of the endzone and make incredible catches.  He's someone to remember next fall to watch. 

If you ever want to impersonate Mayock again, I'm all ears.  Your assessment of Lazard was spot on!  Wink

Reply/Quote