Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB #2
Anyone have any idea what we are doing here? Are we really trying to just role with who we got now? I personally don't think that would be a good idea. Dalton is pretty durable but that does not mean he hasn't gotten injured or we shouldn't have a quality backup in place.

Matt Barkley?? Child please...

Is there another McCarron type in the later rounds? We definitely got a good deal/value with that pick and hopefully we can do that again in this year's draft. Otherwise we should seriously consider Fitzpatrick or some other veteran backup.

The useless today has us drafting the guy out of Virginia in like the third which I don't think has any chance of actually happening but whatever..

I don't think driskel is the answer either.. to me he is a solid qb3/developmental guy and not a good qb2...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5th round where they have 3 picks is probably the earliest they draft one. But you never know if one drops, if that is Lamar Jackson as an example who makes it to round two, etc.
Reply/Quote
Kind of doubt that drafting a QB2 high in the draft is a particularly good strategy unless they have some serious doubts about QB1.. I just don't see them holding any strong doubts about Dalton. They seem very confident in Dalton and their ability to keep him after his contact expires whenever that is .
With other positions of need the top few picks will go to them and not QB2..
How many times has it been noted that if your starting QB goes down the backup is only there to play mop up duty until the following season ? In the case of Foles and Keenum they were backups for a reason and few people expected them to start during the regular season much less the post season. I'm sure that had you taken a poll of the people who expected Foles to be the winning QB in the super bowl at the start of last season you might have found 1 person, but certainly not a lot..
I'm expecting them to draft a QB late, but none in the first 3 rounds.. I'm thinking maybe the 5th if that.  
Reply/Quote
With 11 picks we will draft a QB sometime in the fourth round or later.

But we keep Driskel as QB2 while we develope the draft pick from this year.
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 10:58 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Anyone have any idea what we are doing here? Are we really trying to just role with who we got now? I personally don't think that would be a good idea. Dalton is pretty durable but that does not mean he hasn't gotten injured or we shouldn't have a quality backup in place.

Is there another McCarron type in the later rounds? We definitely got a good deal/value with that pick and hopefully we can do that again in this year's draft. Otherwise we should seriously consider Fitzpatrick or some other veteran backup.

The useless today has us drafting the guy out of Virginia in like the third which I don't think has any chance of actually happening but whatever..

I don't think driskel is the answer either.. to me he is a solid qb3/developmental guy and not a good qb2...

The McCarron draft had a lot of depth to it in the 2nd to 3rd Rd projected types.  That's why value was there when other teams didn't have the qb need or luxury as capped out teams have to fill holes elsewhere.

This isn't a similar draft imo. The top 5 will be gone by the 2nd, that means guys like White and Falk will likely go in the 3rd when the remaining teams without qbs to develop  (especially new staffs) will scoop them up. I know it happens, but I don't see a qb falling low enough to tempt them over their Driskel plan.  Barkley is just insurance.  Even McCarron wasn't drafted as QB2, but sat for a season.  I don't see the same match this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With 11 picks we will draft a QB sometime in the fourth round or later.

This definitely makes the most sense IF they think driskel can be the number 2 guy. 
Reply/Quote
Draft the QB from Arkansas with the mullet.  Any dude that rocks a mullet has the confidence needed to be an NFL QB.
Reply/Quote
Van Pelt was at Texas Tech pro day working out Nic Shimonek.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nic-shimonek?id=32462018-0002-5600-0284-4b4a647ac72e
Reply/Quote
Luke Falk or Mike White.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Kyle Lauletta out of Richmond has some potential. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Kyle Lauletta out of Richmond has some potential. 

I'd love it we grabbed him the 4th, even the 3rd. I think he might be able to compete with Andy in a couple of years. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
This team has to many issues to draft a QB before the 5th round. They'll roll with Driskel or Barkley and draft a PS guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Kyle Lauletta out of Richmond has some potential. 

"Lauletta's interceptions come due to arm issues rather than decision-making and that may not be correctable in the pros due to the increase in play speed that he will see in NFL secondaries. "

No thank you. Bengals don't need another weak armed QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 12:37 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Lamar Jackson.

Why? We don't need another receiver
Reply/Quote
If I had to guess?? Mike white or Logan Woodside in the 4th and 6th rounds respectfully.... If MASon Rudolph inexplicably fell to the third though.......
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 10:58 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Anyone have any idea what we are doing here? Are we really trying to just role with who we got now? I personally don't think that would be a good idea. Dalton is pretty durable but that does not mean he hasn't gotten injured or we shouldn't have a quality backup in place.

I don't want to see us draft QB, WR or CB this year.  We need O Line and I'm all for first 2 picks if we can get Wynn or Hernandez and also Price or Daniels. Our blocking is worst in NFL, but we can fix that if we address that. We also need LB's, SAfeties, D Line, and 6th and 7th round looks to have good RB's and TE's still out there to draft.  Mostly we need Blocking above all, and also more tackling.  

You may not like Barkley but Lasor does.  They are very happy to have Dalton, Barkley, Driskel.   McCarron never did jack for this team. He got his chance to play in 2015, and he didn't do much. Last preseason Driskel looked better than McCarron. Barkley and Driskel are both probably upgrades from McCarron.  

So we better get the much needed blocking and then some tackling.  I know fans get all warm and fuzzy over drafting QB's and WR's every year, but this team needs BLOCKING and TACKLING. I could see adding 2 O Linemen, 2 LB's, 2 Safeties, a DT and a DE and a TE that can block and catch and 2 RBs.  That's all our draft picks with no QB or WR, but we need help at these positions more. Plus as you look through the draft, their is good mid to late round talent at these positions I mentioned drafting, except O Line which we need Picks 1 and 2 because we have no run blocking or pass blocking.  With blocking, Dalton plays every game hopefully.  Lasor really wanted Barkley and says he fits the playbook. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 08:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Why? We don't need another receiver

Lamar is a QB without doubt. He could play receiver, but he doesn't want to. Several analysts on NFL radio actually have the Bengals taking Lamar at 21, and going oline in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With 11 picks we will draft a QB sometime in the fourth round or later.

Agree.  Driskel showed enough promise last year that he'll be serviceable in that role.  Barkley probably won't even make the team as we'll likely only keep 2 QB's with the new guy headed to the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
draft one late let him compete with barkley and driskel... 1 of the 3 will be the backup one will be the Practice squader
Reply/Quote