Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Index by Gregg Rosenthal
(10-16-2015, 02:29 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You are the one who brought up one season.  I did not.  

And you responded to it, did you not?  Do you disagree that Andy had a horrible season in 2014?  Bottom 10, maybe?

If so, then why did you respond in the first place?

If not, then stop responding since you can't be taken seriously in a non-biased conversation.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Look at the 2013 seasons that Flacco and Eli had.

Definitely bottom 10. Of course, most people were objective enough to see that they were really hurting at receiver. They both rebounded in '14 with improvements at receiver.

Sweet.  We agree.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 02:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: And you responded to it, did you not?  Do you disagree that Andy had a horrible season in 2014?  Bottom 10, maybe?

If so, then why did you respond in the first place?

If not, then stop responding since you can't be taken seriously in a non-biased conversation.

It seems as if we are having two different conversations.  I had never viewed Dalton as a "bottom 10 QB" career.  You seem to be talking about a season.

My bad.  
Reply/Quote
It makes me giggle just a bit to see people in the "can't judge him from 1 season!" camp throwing out "told ya so!"'s because of 2015.

Heh. Good stuff.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 02:36 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: It seems as if we are having two different conversations.  I had never viewed Dalton as a "bottom 10 QB" career.  You seem to be talking about a season.

My bad.  

There may be 2 or 3 posters here who have said that Andy was a bottom 10 guy.  Most have been objective and said that he was average, with the outliers being those who said that he was a bit below average (like myself), and those who said that he was a bit above average (like you).  Very few people have held the opinions that he was either a bottom 10 or a top 5 guy.  Those people were exceptions and should not be taken seriously when discussion the view of Andy.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 02:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It makes me giggle just a bit to see people in the "can't judge him from 1 season!" camp throwing out "told ya so!"'s because of 2015.

Heh. Good stuff.

His career numbers shows he is a top 10 starting QB in the league.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 02:57 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: His career numbers shows he is a top 10 starting QB in the league.  

Nah, passer rating is just some silly made up stat. Being efficient doesn't mean that you're a good QB, or so I've been told.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 02:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Nah, passer rating is just some silly made up stat. Being efficient doesn't mean that you're a good QB, or so I've been told.

He's also 10th in TDs thrown since 2011
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:08 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: He's also 10th in TDs thrown since 2011

Good thing they haven't let anybody else into the league since then. It's about time they shut that silly draft down.

Where does he rank in interceptions thrown since 2011? Also, source?
Reply/Quote
It probably kills Rosenthal to have Dalton ranked in the top 5.

**** that guy.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Good thing they haven't let anybody else into the league since then. It's about time they shut that silly draft down.

Where does he rank in interceptions thrown since 2011? Also, source?

Well since 2012 he has thrown 5 more picks than Andrew Luck and 3 less than 2-time SB champion Eli Manning.  In that time he has thrown 6 more TDs than Eli and 1 less than Luck.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:23 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Well since 2012 he has thrown 5 more picks than Andrew Luck and 3 less than 2-time SB champion Eli Manning.  In that time he has thrown 6 more TDs than Eli and 1 less than Luck.  

Andy is obviously better than those 2 losers. Let's be realistic here, bub.

Now, let's go back to "Andy is top 10 over his career" on the passer rating scale.

Are we calling Matt Schaub a top 10 QB? I hope so. That could be fun. Can we please do that? Please?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It probably kills Rosenthal to have Dalton ranked in the top 5.

**** that guy.

So **** him when he says Dalton isn't great and **** him when he says he's one of the best in the league?  
Reply/Quote
Among the 30 QBs who have attempted at least 1000 passes since 2011 Dalton ranks 15th in passer rating

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=2011&year_max=2015&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_qb=Y&pos_is_rb=Y&pos_is_wr=Y&pos_is_te=Y&pos_is_e=Y&pos_is_t=Y&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_ol=Y&pos_is_dt=Y&pos_is_de=Y&pos_is_dl=Y&pos_is_ilb=Y&pos_is_olb=Y&pos_is_lb=Y&pos_is_cb=Y&pos_is_s=Y&pos_is_db=Y&pos_is_k=Y&pos_is_p=Y&c1stat=pass_att&c1comp=gt&c1val=1000&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=pass_rating&draft=0&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2015&type=&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=0&draft_league_id=&draft_team_id=&college_id=all&conference=any&draft_pos_is_qb=Y&draft_pos_is_rb=Y&draft_pos_is_wr=Y&draft_pos_is_te=Y&draft_pos_is_e=Y&draft_pos_is_t=Y&draft_pos_is_g=Y&draft_pos_is_c=Y&draft_pos_is_ol=Y&draft_pos_is_dt=Y&draft_pos_is_de=Y&draft_pos_is_dl=Y&draft_pos_is_ilb=Y&draft_pos_is_olb=Y&draft_pos_is_lb=Y&draft_pos_is_cb=Y&draft_pos_is_s=Y&draft_pos_is_db=Y&draft_pos_is_k=Y&draft_pos_is_p=Y
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Among the 30 QBs who have attempted at least 1000 passes since 2011 Dalton ranks 15th in passer rating

All metrics aside I think we can take RGIII off that list and bump Andy up to 14.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Andy is obviously better than those 2 losers. Let's be realistic here, bub.

Now, let's go back to "Andy is top 10 over his career" on the passer rating scale.

Are we calling Matt Schaub a top 10 QB? I hope so. That could be fun. Can we please do that? Please?

Just offering some perspective on his numbers.   And passer rating is only one metric.  There are several others that would suggest that Dalton is better than average.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Among the 30 QBs who have attempted at least 1000 passes since 2011 Dalton ranks 15th in passer rating

Uh-oh.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:31 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Uh-oh.

Griffin and Foles are pretty shaky members of that list, so I'd call Dalton #13 and be satisfied with it.
Reply/Quote

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=2011&year_max=2015&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_qb=Y&pos_is_rb=Y&pos_is_wr=Y&pos_is_te=Y&pos_is_e=Y&pos_is_t=Y&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_ol=Y&pos_is_dt=Y&pos_is_de=Y&pos_is_dl=Y&pos_is_ilb=Y&pos_is_olb=Y&pos_is_lb=Y&pos_is_cb=Y&pos_is_s=Y&pos_is_db=Y&pos_is_k=Y&pos_is_p=Y&c1stat=pass_att&c1comp=gt&c1val=1000&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=pass_rating&draft=0&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2015&type=&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=0&draft_league_id=&draft_team_id=&college_id=all&conference=any&draft_pos_is_qb=Y&draft_pos_is_rb=Y&draft_pos_is_wr=Y&draft_pos_is_te=Y&draft_pos_is_e=Y&draft_pos_is_t=Y&draft_pos_is_g=Y&draft_pos_is_c=Y&draft_pos_is_ol=Y&draft_pos_is_dt=Y&draft_pos_is_de=Y&draft_pos_is_dl=Y&draft_pos_is_ilb=Y&draft_pos_is_olb=Y&draft_pos_is_lb=Y&draft_pos_is_cb=Y&draft_pos_is_s=Y&draft_pos_is_db=Y&draft_pos_is_k=Y&draft_pos_is_p=Y

The numbers I used were minimum 1500 attempts.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Griffin and Foles are pretty shaky members of that list, so I'd call Dalton #13 and be satisfied with it.

Hell, I'll say that he's obviously better than Kaepernick and Alex Smith and call him #11.

He ain't a top 10 QB yet fellas, and that's pretty much the point here.
Reply/Quote