Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Index by Gregg Rosenthal
QB rankings have more to do with career AND what you've done lately than just the current year alone like team power rankings.

With that said, Andy should be ahead of some guys that he's still behind somehow. Gotta give some love for what the kid is doing right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that he has Dalton below Stafford is nothing short of a laugh.

I wouldn't even take anything Gregg Rosenthal says with a grain of sand. I wouldn't take it with anything. He's one of the most clueless individuals you will ever meet when it comes to knowing what the hell he's talking about with quarterbacks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't even take anything Gregg Rosenthal says with a grain of sand. I wouldn't take it with anything. He's one of the most clueless individuals you will ever meet when it comes to knowing what the hell he's talking about with quarterbacks.

Unfortunately, there aren't many writers for any of the big companies that regularly put out QB rankings. I really wish more would do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't even take anything Gregg Rosenthal says with a grain of sand. I wouldn't take it with anything. He's one of the most clueless individuals you will ever meet when it comes to knowing what the hell he's talking about with quarterbacks.

Well, I'm not going to throw out everything he says/thinks because Dalton is rated below Stafford.  Still, I disagree pretty heavily with this list.
Reply/Quote
I haven't read through this entire thread, but here's my question. Where does Andy Dalton rank as far as AFC QB rankings?

There aren't too many QBs in the AFC who I would take over Dalton right now.

Brady
Roethlisberger
Luck
Rivers

I'm not sure there's anyone else I would want over Dalton. Manning is almost done.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I'm not going to throw out everything he says/thinks because Dalton is rated below Stafford.  Still, I disagree pretty heavily with this list.

Here's a good way to judge whether you think someone knows what they're talking about or not; take Dalton out of the equation and look at how he has all the other QBs ranked. 

I've seen his "rankings" for a couple years now. He's clueless.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 10:52 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: I haven't read through this entire thread, but here's my question. Where does Andy Dalton rank as far as AFC QB rankings?

There aren't too many QBs in the AFC who I would take over Dalton right now.

Brady
Roethlisberger
Luck
Rivers

I'm not sure there's anyone else I would want over Dalton. Manning is almost done.

Thoughts?

AFC only? We're in a conference with a lot of unproven QBs, guys that are just bad, and others on the decline.

I don't think it would be too crazy to put Andy in the top 5 in the AFC right now.

Rodgers, Ryan, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Palmer, and Eli all are good to great or elite guys but they're all out of the conference.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 10:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's a good way to judge whether you think someone knows what they're talking about or not; take Dalton out of the equation and look at how he has all the other QBs ranked. 

I've seen his "rankings" for a couple years now. He's clueless.

Palmer being top 5 fits my chosen delusion! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Dalton is now 5th in his updated index.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000552279/article/qb-index-quarterseason-rankings-132
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 11:01 PM)djs7685 Wrote: AFC only? We're in a conference with a lot of unproven QBs, guys that are just bad, and others on the decline.

I don't think it would be too crazy to put Andy in the top 5 in the AFC right now.

Rodgers, Ryan, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Palmer, and Eli all are good to great or elite guys but they're all out of the conference.

Brady, Manning, Ben, Rivers, Flacco. AFC has plenty of good QBs... could put Luck on that list before this year. Marioto will be decent in a few years as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 03:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dalton is now 5th in his updated index.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000552279/article/qb-index-quarterseason-rankings-132

That's right - Dalton is a "top shelf" QB - a whole level above chumps like Brees, Manning, and Luck.  
Keep it up AD - I know you can!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 03:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dalton is now 5th in his updated index.

If this is based on this season only, there should be a "top three" that includes Dalton, rather than a "top two" with only Rodgers and Brady.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 01:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'd still place my faith in Sam finishing the season as a better QB than Dalton, and yes, I'm one of those that would've loved to have had Bradford here.

Are you sure about that now? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 03:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Brady, Manning, Ben, Rivers, Flacco. AFC has plenty of good QBs... could put Luck on that list before this year. Marioto will be decent in a few years as well.

Yes, but plenty of good QBs aren't playing up to their standards and/or have spent time in this young season injured already.  
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the love for Rivers. The guy had a Super Bowl contending team for a few years (LT, Gates, Jackson, Floyd, Turner, McCardell) and never did anything with it.

Reply/Quote

"This is the first week that the rankings below are based on 2015 play only, and they reflect this disruptive, unformed 2015 season"
If the Bengals go on and do great things you can bet after reading the above sentence their will be plenty of "Yeah but's". Seriously, F Rosenthal he's a idiot.  Yawn

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 02:08 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I don't understand the love for Rivers. The guy had a Super Bowl contending team for a few years (LT, Gates, Jackson, Floyd, Turner, McCardell) and never did anything with it.

In his 9 years as a starter he hasn't missed a single game, won 4 playoff games, and had 6 winning seasons (including 14 and a 13-win seasons) so I'd say he's done SOME stuff.  That franchise just flat-out doesn't win.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 04:54 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If this is based on this season only, there should be a "top three" that includes Dalton, rather than a "top two" with only Rodgers and Brady.

Agreed.  He has played at that level and no one else has but those three.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, but plenty of good QBs aren't playing up to their standards and/or have spent time in this young season injured already.  

I also believe staying healthy is a characteristic based on the QBs skill and not just their luck.  Look how quickly Manning, Brady, and Dalton get the ball out.  Decisive and able to process what they are seeing from a defense in real time. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I also believe staying healthy is a characteristic based on the QBs skill and not just their luck.  Look how quickly Manning, Brady, and Dalton get the ball out.  Decisive and able to process what they are seeing from a defense in real time. 

You got that right!  A quick release is a very underrated statistic.  Not only from a standpoint of limiting hits on the QB but it also does wonders for your o-line.
Reply/Quote