Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB Rankings
Thanks a lot jungle faithful

After reading the consistent praise of Andy being one of the better QBs in the nfl, subconsciously, I must have started believing it. 
Four weeks ago one of my neighbors bet me that Andy would be ranked below average by mid season, loser cuts the winners grass next spring once a week for two weeks. I took the bet. 
Not that I'm an Andy fan, but no way is he going to be ranked below average by mid season right?

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/11/16/Fantasy-Football-Week-11-Quarterback-Rankings/6461479264118/

Keep in mind QB rankings take a lot into considerations, it's not about W's and L's. 
Although our OL has performed poorly, QB evaluations can still be made.
Folks, we love Andy, but we truly need to go in a different direction at QB. With Andy, seeing is believing.

No, I'm not hating on Andy...just stating.

No, I'm not blaiming everything on Andy. 

Yes, I'm ok with letting ML go.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:13 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Thanks a lot jungle faithful

After reading the consistent praise of Andy being one of the better QBs in the nfl, subconsciously, I must have started believing it. 
Four weeks ago one of my neighbors bet me that Andy would be ranked below average by mid season, loser cuts the winners grass next spring once a week for two weeks. I took the bet. 
Not that I'm an Andy fan, but no way is he going to be ranked below average by mid season right?

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/11/16/Fantasy-Football-Week-11-Quarterback-Rankings/6461479264118/

Keep in mind QB rankings take a lot into considerations, it's not about W's and L's. 
Although our OL has performed poorly, QB evaluations can still be made.
Folks, we love Andy, but we truly need to go in a different direction at QB. With Andy, seeing is believing.

No, I'm not hating on Andy...just stating.

No, I'm not blaiming everything on Andy. 

Yes, I'm ok with letting ML go.

15th is one spot above average. But...why would you go with FF rankings? Dalton has never been a guy that's going to sling it around and be in the top 10 consistently, like some of the usual suspects. 

WTS, no he doesn't need to be replaced. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 15th is one spot above average. But...why would you go with FF rankings? Dalton has never been a guy that's going to sling it around and be in the top 10 consistently, like some of the usual suspects. 

WTS, no he doesn't need to be replaced. 

The bet was made using FF rankings. Aa you can see they rank 1 thru 20 QBs 
Reply/Quote
That's a fantasy site my man.....here's some real numbers from pro football reference:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016//passing.htm

Comp.: 12th
Att.:  15th
Comp.%: 13th
Yards: 6th
TDs: 20th
INT:  24th (he has 4)
INT%: 10th
Longest pass: 13th
YPA: 4th
YPC: 6th
YPG: 9th
Rating: 12th
Sacks: 2nd
Yards Lost: 4th
4QCB: 14th

Paints a little different picture, no?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:24 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: The bet was made using FF rankings. Aa you can see they rank 1 thru 20 QBs 

That explains a lot.  No wonder you don't like him....lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:24 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: The bet was made using FF rankings. Aa you can see they rank 1 thru 20 QBs 

Then that's a terrible bet to take...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: IThat's a fantasy site my man.....here's some real numbers from pro football reference:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016//passing.htm

Comp.: 12th
Att.:  15th
Comp.%: 13th
Yards: 6th
TDs: 20th
INT:  24th (he has 4)
INT%: 10th
Longest pass: 13th
YPA: 4th
YPC: 6th
YPG: 9th
Rating: 12th
Sacks: 2nd
Yards Lost: 4th
4QCB: 14th

Paints a little different picture, no?
He's ranked 15 out of 20 on that site too. Did I miss something?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Then that's a terrible bet to take...

Look back four weeks and tell me that.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:33 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: He's ranked 15 out of 20 on that site too. Did I miss something?

That site factors in W/L record, among many other things......I'd say discarding that, you're looking 10-12 range....I mean he is 12th in QB rating....they have Bortles as #1, would you? Just look at the individual numbers.

Reply/Quote
Rank:  "This is a count of rows from top to bottom.  It is recalculated following the sorting of a column."

Reply/Quote
You just used a random site's fantasy football ranking for one single week (which takes opponent into consideration) to try to justify getting rid of a franchise QB.

Wow....

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: That explains a lot.  No wonder you don't like him....lol.

Lol...it doesn't help the situation that's for darn sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You just used a random site's fantasy football ranking for one single week (which takes opponent into consideration) to try to justify getting rid of a franchise QB.

Wow....

Is that what I did? How did you come to that conclusion?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:45 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Is that what I did? How did you come to that conclusion?

If you click on each column, it ranks them according to column and there is a little popup box that explains each column. ThumbsUp

The "Rk" column is the one that automatically lists each qb when you open the site.  The post above is the quote from the "Rk" popup box.  

You'll get no argument on the fantasy ranking from me, if I played fantasy, I'd never take Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:37 PM)MWyche Wrote: That site factors in W/L record, among many other things......I'd say discarding that, you're looking 10-12 range....I mean he is 12th in QB rating....they have Bortles as #1, would you?  Just look at the individual numbers.

I get your point, but look back four weeks and (besides my neighbor) tell me who would think Andy would be below average on any site? 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:56 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I get your point, but look back four weeks and (besides my neighbor) tell me who would think Andy would be below average on any site? 

Yeah, he has taken a hit for sure...maybe the couple of INTs he threw the past two games has detracted some from him, and we've had a few more rushing TDs.  The one thing that I don't like about the site I posted is that it doesn't have the rushing figures for QBs.  Anyone have an idea where he ranks there?

Reply/Quote
You lost a dumb bet so we need a new qb?

This place gets a little sadder everyday
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, he has taken a hit for sure...maybe the couple of INTs he threw the past two games has detracted some from him, and we've had a few more rushing TDs.  The one thing that I don't like about the site I posted is that it doesn't have the rushing figures for QBs.  Anyone have an idea where he ranks there?

Not sure where he ranks in rushing, but I'm in favor of seeing him run more with QB designed running plays. I'm guessing not only could his rushing numbers be impressive, but they could aid us in the 4 QTR of close games. Andy's a decent north-south running QB.
Reply/Quote
Hugh Jackson got Andy to play at an MVP type level a year ago using short, quick passing routes. Sure the offensive line played better last year than this year, but we have went away from the short quick passing scheme. Andy is holding the ball far too long and is constantly rolling out of the pocket on what seams like every play.

I just dont get why our offense went away from what was working so well a year ago.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 04:23 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Not sure where he ranks in rushing, but I'm in favor of seeing him run more with QB designed running plays. I'm guessing not only could his rushing numbers be impressive, but they could aid us in the 4 QTR of close games. Andy's a decent north-south running QB.

Most likely so....he looks pretty good on the option plays and with the play fake.

(11-17-2016, 04:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hugh Jackson got Andy to play at an MVP type level a year ago using short, quick passing routes. Sure the offensive line played better last year than this year, but we have went away from the short quick passing scheme. Andy is holding the ball far too long and is constantly rolling out of the pocket on what seams like every play.

I just dont get why our offense went away from what was working so well a year ago.

Man, a lot of the time, he doesn't even have tome for those, or Ogbuehi is not getting his man's hands down and the ball gets batted.  I'd say the two biggest differences are atrocious RT play, and KZ vs. HJ.

Reply/Quote