Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
QB rankings
I know we've had a dozen threads about this but what else is there to talk about ?

This list seems close I suppose.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-quarterback-rankings-for-2022/ar-AAZecBL?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9ed0c99241f14174baa354119fa75af0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No way in hell Deshaun Watson can be #11.

Watson has been sacked more often (9.1 sack rate) than Burrow (8.2) in his career yet has a higher passer rating (104.5 to 100.2).  Watson's career passer rating is #2 in NFL history.

Watson is also on another level when it comes to running the ball.  Watson averages 31 yards per game, 5.5 yards per carry, and scores a rushing td every 3.2 games.  Burrow averages 10 yards per games, 3.4 per carry, and scores a rushing td only once every 5.2 games.

**EDIT**

I just used Burrow's numbers to show how good Watson is.  But I would still take Burrows over Watson.  Watson depends more on elite athleticism than Burrow.  Watson is incredible to watch, but I doubt he sustains his peak as long as Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way in hell Deshaun Watson can be #11.

Watson has been sacked more often (9.1 sack rate) than Burrow (8.2) in his career yet has a higher passer rating (104.5 to 100.2).  Watson's career passer rating is #2 in NFL history.

Watson is also on another level when it comes to running the ball.  Watson averages 31 yards per game, 5.5 yards per carry, and scores a rushing td every 3.2 games.  Burrow averages 10 yards per games, 3.4 per carry, and scores a rushing td only once every 5.2 games.

You can make an argument that Watson should be higher and not be wrong. I feel he should be higher but it's a matter of opinion. And it's not just about Joe Burrow.

You can make an argument Jackson should be higher. And again it's just a matter of opinion. I wouldn't take Jackson over a lot of those guys in the top 10 but that's just me.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way in hell Deshaun Watson can be #11.

By the time his suspension is up, he won't have played in like two years. I just think it's impossible to put him in the top 10 based on that alone.

I know this sounds crazy, but I think he has peaked. He has torn the same ACL in his left knee twice. He has a ton of other baggage and like I said, he hasn't played in over two years before it's all said and done. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Unfair to compare their running when Burrow has been hurt half his NFL career and didn't get back to himself until like week 10 last year. Even if Watson is the better runner, I still think Burrow is the better passer and much more accurate.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen hype train has gotten a little out of control. He's good, but not 2nd best good.

Running isn't something that's sustainable long term, and I don't know if he's accurate enough to be elite. He's had below average accuracy in 3 of his 4 years, including 2021. Also for all the arm strength he has, he has been under 7.0 YPA in 3 of his 4 years as well, including 2021.

Burrow threw for roughly 200 more yards on 125 less attempts, to give context to Allen's accuracy and YPA issues.

My top 10 without thinking too hard about it...
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Mahomes
4. Wilson
t-5. Burrow/Watson
7. Herbert
8. Stafford
9. Allen
10. Prescott

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Watson couldn't light Burrow's cigars.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

He also out sexual assaults Burrow 24 to 0.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
I would put Burrow #1 ; is their another QB that could have made it to the Superbowl with the Offensive Line the Bengals had last season? The dude got sacked 9 times against the Titans and still had 348 yards passing and completed over 70% his passes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 02:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Josh Allen hype train has gotten a little out of control. He's good, but not 2nd best good.

Running isn't something that's sustainable long term, and I don't know if he's accurate enough to be elite. He's had below average accuracy in 3 of his 4 years, including 2021. Also for all the arm strength he has, he has been under 7.0 YPA in 3 of his 4 years as well, including 2021.

Burrow threw for roughly 200 more yards on 125 less attempts, to give context to Allen's accuracy and YPA issues.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Mahomes
4. Wilson
t-5. Burrow/Watson
7. Herbert
8. Stafford
9. Allen
10. Prescott

Yep I'd have Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers as 1-3 (not necessarily in that order).
Probably have Allen, Burrow, Stafford, Wilson, and Watson in the 4-8 range.
To me, Herbert, Prescott, and Carr are in the following tier. 9-13 range with Murray and Jackson.
I'll probably be lower on Herbert though until he wins some playoff games. That might be unfair since that might fall more on the Chargers organization as a whole, but it is what it is.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 02:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Josh Allen hype train has gotten a little out of control. He's good, but not 2nd best good.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Mahomes
4. Wilson
t-5. Burrow/Watson
7. Herbert
8. Stafford
9. Allen
10. Prescott

I'd personally bump Wilson down below the young guns Burrow, Herbert and even Allen. Other than that, I think it's pretty spot on. I wouldn’t trade Burrow for Wilson, even for just this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 04:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd personally bump Wilson down below the young guns Burrow, Herbert and even Allen. Other than that, I think it's pretty spot on. I wouldn’t trade Burrow for Wilson, even for just this year.

There's only one QB I'd even consider trading Joe for and I don't think I'd even do that when it actually came down to doing it. Mahomes
Reply/Quote
Where is Dalton on this list?
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 05:20 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Where is Dalton on this list?

HAHA  Hilarious

He's got jokes
Reply/Quote
Is JB the best QB in the NFL? No

Is there another QB in the NFL I'd take over JB? No
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 05:20 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Where is Dalton on this list?

It's not Andy's fault.....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is JB the best QB in the NFL? No

I agree. I am not sure that there is a trade package that feasibly exists where I would be okay giving up Burrow. QB is the hardest position to fill, and we have one that is young. It's too valuable. I don't think he is the best QB in the league, but I am not trading him. 
Reply/Quote

**EDIT**

I just used Burrow's numbers to show how good Watson is.  But I would still take Burrows over Watson.  Watson depends more on elite athleticism than Burrow.  Watson is incredible to watch, but I doubt he sustains his peak as long as Burrow.

Quoting this so everyone sees the edit.
Reply/Quote

Rep.

His age.  His calm under pressure.  His drive and work ethic.

I would not trade him for anyone.
Reply/Quote

Right

But could he one day be the best QB in the NFL ? I believe so
Reply/Quote