Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescot
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Herbert
Kylar Murray
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs over Burrow
Before we found out Watson was a perv I suggested trading JB for him. It appears one of those few times bfine didn't get it right.

So the question is:

Economics aside which young QB(s) would you take over JB.

The above poll allows you to vote for up to 3.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s a tough question because I’m partial to Burrow. Economics aside, so I am assuming that every QB would cost the same, I would take Mahomes, Dak and Murray over Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Nobody, Mahomes is great, Murray is playing great same with Dak and Josh but I think Burrow can be even better once he gets it all
together. He is making mistakes here and there and he will learn and then watch the **** out...
Reply/Quote
Would like to just stick with JB in Bengals stripes personally.

Yet would rank Mahomes, Murray, and Lamar over him presently

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No one over Joe. No one
Reply/Quote
Want to throw this out there but not sure where to post so will just put it here.

That slide Burrow did was the ugliest slide ever by a QB, but I sure am happy to see him starting to think about sliding though.

Don't need the franchise taking all those unnecessary hits.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Allen and Mahommes are the only 2 I think I'd take over Burrow at the moment. Burrow still has room for improvement but those 2 can make throws that I don't think Burrow might ever be able to make. Like the int he threw against GB running to the right sideline. They have the arm to get the ball further downfield to complete that pass while Burrow might not physically be able to do that.
Reply/Quote
Mahomes would be the only one, but Joe is our guy, and remember who is in charge of Mahomes offense versus Joe’s. It’s like a game of jeopardy between a person with a PhD and a second grader.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Pat Mahomes. That's it.

I'm not big on running QBs. They tend to have shorter primes. Cam is the latest example of that.

I'd also say Burrow has outplayed Herbert this year, who apparently struggles with mid-range throws. Dak is great, too, but give me Burrow. I love his upside and moxie.

Btw, after watching title game between Burrow and Lawrence, I couldn't understand the love fest with Lawrence. I think people fell in love with his size and arm, but how many guys with elite attributes have failed miserably? Lawrence looked bad in that game and I think the bust potential is high with him. At best he's going to develop slowly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Want to throw this out there but not sure where to post so will just put it here.

That slide Burrow did was the ugliest slide ever by a QB, but I sure am happy to see him starting to think about sliding though.

Don't need the franchise taking all those unnecessary hits.

No doubt, just like Aaron said, he needs to learn how to slide feet first. Saves your ass.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pat Mahomes. That's it.

I'm not big on running QBs. They tend to have shorter primes. Cam is the latest example of that.

I'd also say Burrow has outplayed Herbert this year, who apparently struggles with mid-range throws. Dak is great, too, but give me Burrow. I love his upside and moxie.

Btw, after watching title game between Burrow and Lawrence, I couldn't understand the love fest with Lawrence. I think people fell in love with his size and arm, but how many guys with elite attributes have failed miserably? Lawrence looked bad in that game and I think the bust potential is high with him. At best he's going to develop slowly.

Lawrence won the National Title as a true freshman.  That was a big factor.  His hype was through the roof after that  and there was talk of multiple Heisman wins.  He was very good the next two years, but never quite lived up to the hype.  Deshaun Watson coming out of Clemson also helped the idea that he would translate.

Kid landed in a dumpster fire in Jacksonville, though.  I don't see him accomplishing much until he gets out out of that hole.
Reply/Quote
None of them. I wouldn’t want to piss off our new franchise WR. ;)

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: Lawrence won the National Title as a true freshman.  That was a big factor.  His hype was through the roof after that  and there was talk of multiple Heisman wins.  He was very good the next two years, but never quite lived up to the hype.  Deshaun Watson coming out of Clemson also helped the idea that he would translate.

Kid landed in a dumpster fire in Jacksonville, though.  I don't see him accomplishing much until he gets out out of that hole.

Yeah Jax is certainly doing him no favors. I think he has potential, but I was glad we got Burrow instead. Even back then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Give me Joe over everyone but Mahomes that dude just on a whole nother level.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Interesting, I think I’d take Mahomes and Allen over JB. Really hesitated on Lamar, it’s a tough one.

Personally I think I’d take Mahomes easily over JB, Allen not as much. Would you take Mahomes for both JB and Jamarr?
Reply/Quote
Which of the offenses of the above QB would suffer the most if they lost them?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I like Burrow, but if we're completely ignoring money.... Mahomes and Murray definitely, Herbert probably, and Allen maybe. It's hard to ignore elite arm strength. Burrow has been much better throwing it deep this year, but he's still underthrowing on quite a few where Chase has to slow down for them. Better mechanics can only add so much.

(Also from a pure talent standpoint, Watson wasn't a bad trade idea. Just didn't know about all the off the field troubles at the time. Bullet dodged. Lol)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Who would I take over JoeyB? The same guy that thinks they gonna beat dem Bengals.......NOBODY!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:33 AM)thillan Wrote: Interesting, I think I’d take Mahomes and Allen over JB. Really hesitated on Lamar, it’s a tough one.

Personally I think I’d take Mahomes easily over JB, Allen not as much. Would you take Mahomes for both JB and Jamarr?

People need to remember Allen wasn't playing well until year 3. Joe has basically just completed year 1. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:33 AM)thillan Wrote: Interesting, I think I’d take Mahomes and Allen over JB. Really hesitated on Lamar, it’s a tough one.

Mahomes is the only definite yes for me. I briefly considered Lawrence, but that's mainly based on potential but I don't know if he has that "it" factor that I see in Burrow.

As to Lamar, you have to remember, that one of the reasons he's played so well is that the Ravens OC has designed that offense around Lamar to play up to his strengths. You take Lamar and put him in our offense, I don't think he does nearly as well as Burrow has and you know Zac ain't good enough to design an offense around Lamar sooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote