Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs the Titans faced this season & results
The Titans faced the following QBs and I have included that QBs performance as well as the game result:

Week 1-  Kyler Murray 21/32 for 289 yards 4 TD 1 INT  (LOSS)

Week 2- Russell Wilson 22/31 for 343 yards 2 TD, 0 INT (WIN)

Week 3- Carson Wentz 19/37 for 194 yards 0 TD 0 INT (WIN)

Week 4-  Zach Wilson 21/34 fir 297 yards 2 TD 1 INT (LOSS)

Week 5-  Trevor Lawrence 23/33 for 273 yards 1 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 6-  Josh Allen 35/47 for 353 yards, 3 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 7- Patrick Mahommes 20/35 for 206 yards 0 TD 1 INT (WIN)
           Chad Henne 11/16 for 82 yards 0 TD 0INT

Week 8-  Carson Wentz 27/51 for 231 yards 3 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 9-  Mathew Stafford 31/48 for 294 yards 1 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 10- Trevor Siemian 19/34 for 298 yards 2 TD 0 INT (WIN)

Week 11-  Tyrod Taylor 14/24 for 107 yards 0 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

Week 12- Mac Jones 23/32 for 310 yards 2 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

BYE week 13

Week 14-  Trevor Lawrence 24/40 for 221 yards )TD 4 INT (WIN)

Week 15- Pig ben 16/25 for 148 yards 0 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

Week 16-  Jimmy Garappolo 26/35 for 322 1 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 17-  Tua Tagovailoa 18/38 for 205 yards 0 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 18-  Davis Mills 23/33 for 301 yards 3 TD 0 INT (WIN)

I BOLDED the two QBs that the Titans faced that have played at a level like Joe Burrow.  Oddly, they beat both these teams.  The KC game had 2 fumbles by KC, 9 penaltis for 77 yards against KC, and an INT.  Not surprising with those numbers, KC got hammered.  That was also kind of the springboard game where Mahommes stopped trying to get everything way downfield and took more what defenses gave him.  Sound familiar?

The Buffalo game was the one where they tried to QB sneak Allen from the 3 yard line only to lose his footing and get stuffed.  The Bills significantly outgained the Titans, but forced only two punts the entire game.  Henry went off for 143 yards and 3 TDs.  They simply couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.  Henry put them in a lot of 3rd and short down and distances.  Bengals defense, take note.

One thing I take from this schedule of opposing QBs is that the Titans have not faced a QB that was even above average (you MIGHT be able to argue Mac Jones) since week 7 of the season.  Jimmy G had his good statistical game minus the two huge INTs that he is becoming famous for.  

The Titans clearly get up for their biggest competition and I'm sure the Bengals will get their best shot in the playoffs.  One thing is for sure, though.  It has been a LONG time this season since the Titans faced a QB like Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I firmly believe if we don’t turn the ball over, we will have a great shot at winning. I think we’ve only lost one game when we don’t turn the ball over and that was week 18 with our backups.
Reply/Quote
I would consider Stafford a top 5-10 QB as well as Wilson prior to his injury this season.

They beat both of them as well although Wilson did put up good numbers.
Reply/Quote
That Chiefs game was when everyone was playing cover 2 against them early in the year and they were struggling. Mahomes and that offense are different now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That Chiefs game was when everyone was playing cover 2 against them early in the year and they were struggling. Mahomes and that offense are different now.

The Chiefs they played and the Chiefs we played are very different. Titans are #1 seed, but I still don’t feel they are better than either the Bills or Chiefs at this point in the season. We are also playing the best ball we have all year.
Reply/Quote
The Titan's have a strong defense overall - both pass and run. I'm not overly concerned about their run defense but the fact that their pass defense is strong is a bit worrisome. They are susceptible to big plays, which favors Cincinnati because they have been one of the most explosive offenses in the league. This game is going to be won off of Burrow's arm, let the Bengals do what they do best.
Reply/Quote
Titans formula is get up on a team then drain the clock. They move chains by running the ball.
As others have said, they are susceptible to giving up big plays, but they also do have a formidable DL that collectively run the passer well together.
To have the best chance to beat them, the Bengals will have to use their own formula against them - get up by 2 TDs early and force them to pass.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tackling and red zone will be the keys. If we tackle poorly and let them generate explosive runs it's going to be a long day. They've been good in the red zone so it will be a challenge but we can win if we bend but don't break we'll be ok. The danger there is in wearing out the defense.

Make Fat Randy kick field goals all day and hope he cramps up in the fourth quarter. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Week 6-  Josh Allen 35/47 for 353 yards, 3 TD 1 INT (WIN)

The Buffalo game was the one where they tried to QB sneak Allen from the 3 yard line only to lose his footing and get stuffed.  The Bills significantly outgained the Titans, but forced only two punts the entire game.  Henry went off for 143 yards and 3 TDs.  They simply couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.  Henry put them in a lot of 3rd and short down and distances.  Bengals defense, take note.

And Buffalo had the #1 scoring defense this year. Although the Bills did have a lower rushing defense in yards allowed (13th) versus the Bengals (#5).
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:13 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I firmly believe if we don’t turn the ball over, we will have a great shot at winning. I think we’ve only lost one game when we don’t turn the ball over and that was week 18 with our backups.

Turnovers on either side, usually determine who wins the game.

If we take care of the ball, especially special teams! we should have a solid shot at winning
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:17 AM)TheFan Wrote: I would consider Stafford a top 5-10 QB as well as Wilson prior to his injury this season.

They beat both of them as well although Wilson did put up good numbers.

The Seahawks were a dismal team, offensively, for most of the season.  However, I agree with you about Wilson, but not Stafford.  
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Seahawks were a dismal team, offensively, for most of the season.  However, I agree with you about Wilson, but not Stafford.  

You think there's 10 QBs better than Stafford? I definitely don't think he's a tier 1 QB but I could see him in tier 2. Probably closer to the 10 range.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:36 AM)TheFan Wrote: You think there's 10 QBs better than Stafford? I definitely don't think he's a tier 1 QB but I could see him in tier 2. Probably closer to the 10 range.

So much of QB talent is based on the talent around them.  I think if you put a lot of QBs behind Cincy's line, even with their weapons, not that many could diagnose as quickly as Burrow.  Stafford hasn't shown me that.  
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So much of QB talent is based on the talent around them.  I think if you put a lot of QBs behind Cincy's line, even with their weapons, not that many could diagnose as quickly as Burrow.  Stafford hasn't shown me that.  

Fair assessment. Stafford has looked good with the Rams at times and completely lost by trying to force the ball during other games, but I think many speculated he was going to elevate his game by playing with a better coaching staff and team. Which is an interesting take considering he played with Megatron. Yes, I know the Lions weren't a good organization during his time there but he did play with talented players. Stafford is one of those guys where a Super Bowl win might change the perception of how people view his legacy. If he doesn't win one, he was a good QB. If he wins it all, people will discuss him with higher regard.
Reply/Quote
Titans have beat the best of the best in the AFC. They have earned their number 1 seed. A win isn't given for the Bengals. I still think we have a better chance to beat the Titans then we do KC or the Bills on the road in a playoff game so I'm still hopeful.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:46 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fair assessment. Stafford has looked good with the Rams at times and completely lost by trying to force the ball during other games, but I think many speculated he was going to elevate his game by playing with a better coaching staff and team. Which is an interesting take considering he played with Megatron. Yes, I know the Lions weren't a good organization during his time there but he did play with talented players. Stafford is one of those guys where a Super Bowl win might change the perception of how people view his legacy. If he doesn't win one, he was a good QB. If he wins it all, people will discuss him with higher regard.

He had Calvin Johnson. The next best receiver he probably ever had while there was Marvin Jones. Maybe I'm missing someone else but I don't  recall their skill players ever being top notch outside of Calvin (who basically should count as 2 lol). But you don't put up 5k yards and 40tds in a season without having some solid talent. Almost 4.9k and 41 tds this year. 

Again, I think Stafford is over rated by a lot but I do think he's in the back half of top 10 qbs.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:46 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fair assessment. Stafford has looked good with the Rams at times and completely lost by trying to force the ball during other games, but I think many speculated he was going to elevate his game by playing with a better coaching staff and team. Which is an interesting take considering he played with Megatron. Yes, I know the Lions weren't a good organization during his time there but he did play with talented players. Stafford is one of those guys where a Super Bowl win might change the perception of how people view his legacy. If he doesn't win one, he was a good QB. If he wins it all, people will discuss him with higher regard.

While this is entirely accurate, if he wins it all it will be on the strength of that defense.  And I don't think they get by the Packers...maybe not even Tampa.  
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:59 AM)TheFan Wrote: He had Calvin Johnson. The next best receiver he probably ever had while there was Marvin Jones. Maybe I'm missing someone else but I don't  recall their skill players ever being top notch outside of Calvin (who basically should count as 2 lol). But you don't put up 5k yards and 40tds in a season without having some solid talent. Almost 4.9k and 41 tds this year. 

Again, I think Stafford is over rated by a lot but I do think he's in the back half of top 10 qbs.

Just look at the QBs that are left in the playoffs:

Burrow 
Tannehill
Garappolo
Rogers
Brady
Stafford
Allen
Mahommes

I have him in the bottom third of this list, and that doesn't even include guys that aren't in the playoffs any more like Carr, Prescott, Murray, and others that didn't make the playoffs like Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, and Russell Wilson.  All of whom I would take over Stafford.  He just seems to make the same mistakes.  17 INTs on that team in year 13?  That's a ton.  
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 12:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just look at the QBs that are left in the playoffs:

Burrow 
Tannehill
Garappolo
Rogers
Brady
Stafford
Allen
Mahommes

I have him in the bottom third of this list, and that doesn't even include guys that aren't in the playoffs any more like Carr, Prescott, Murray, and others that didn't make the playoffs like Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, and Russell Wilson.  All of whom I would take over Stafford.  He just seems to make the same mistakes.  17 INTs on that team in year 13?  That's a ton.  

The only 2 that didn't commit way too many turnovers were Rodgers and Brady. Most of the others were in the top 10 for turnovers this year or likely would have been if they didn't get hurt. 

Most people wouldn't take Carr, Tannehill, or Garapollo over Stafford. Murray and Jackson are niche players and will be interesting to see if they continue to sustain. Prescott is probably in a similar spot as Stafford. Herbert and Burrow seem to be better but are both only in their 2nd year. Based on hype, age, and projection they're ranked higher but production wise fairly similar. 

So right around the 7-10 range for Stafford. The media likes to act like he's top 5 though and I don't think he's close to the top tier guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:13 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I firmly believe if we don’t turn the ball over, we will have a great shot at winning. I think we’ve only lost one game when we don’t turn the ball over and that was week 18 with our backups.

Feel the same, slow the run down and don't turn the ball over on Offense and I like our chances.

We can pass the ball on anybody and this is the weakness of the Titans D as we see. They are good at stopping the run and
running the ball, beat them in these areas.
Reply/Quote