Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quarterbacks in their first playoff start
Just a little look at how some recent QBs did in their very first playoff appearance, over the last decade-ish.

[Image: qb-playoffs.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
First in completion percentage and third in QB rating? Not too shabby, Joe.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
First thing that jumps out to me (other than Dalton’s passer rating lol) is no one else is even close to Burrow’s completion %.

Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield had a good game against someone other than the Bengals..

Hmmm, didn't think that was possible.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Baker Mayfield had a good game against someone other than the Bengals..

Hmmm, didn't think that was possible.

Ryan Finley broke that Steelers team. They were ass down the stretch.

Reply/Quote
Rodgers YPA in his first game is insane.

Reply/Quote
Colin Kaepernick

Passing....263 yds ... 2 tds ...91.2 rating
Rushing...181 yds ... 2 tds ...11.3 yds/carry
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Colin Kaepernick

Passing....263 yds ... 2 tds ...91.2 rating
Rushing...181 yds ... 2 tds ...11.3 yds/carry

That was a damn crazy good game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Roethlisberger... 17-30 ... 181 yds ... 1 td ... 2 int ... 57.8 rating
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Roethlisberger... 17-30 ... 181 yds ... 1 td ... 2 int ... 57.8 rating

I considered putting him in but it was too far back. 

Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Brady... 32-52 ... 312 yds ... 0 tds ... 1 int ... 70.4 rating
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:46 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Carson Palmer....

118.7 Rating
1.000 comp%
66.0 yds per attempt
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First thing that jumps out to me (other than Dalton’s passer rating lol) is no one else is even close to Burrow’s completion %.

How does a Bengals fan find that funny?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Carson Palmer rating}
118.7 Rating
1.000 comp%
66.0 yds per attempt

That just hurts.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:24 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How does a Bengals fan find that funny?

Because it’s ancient history, and we finally have a stud QB who wins in the postseason. I assure you I wasn’t laughing about it back then.

Just like I can find it funny that Travis Kelce now has the same # of passing TD’s in the playoffs as Andy Dalton.

One can look back on Dalton’s time with the Bengals mostly fondly, without ignoring the fact that he was horrendously bad in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
One can also rise above it. Still waiting.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:50 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: One can also rise above it. Still waiting.

Oh please. I didn’t bring it up out of nowhere. This thread is literally about comparing QB playoff performances. Rolleyes

Thought maybe we were past the Dalton Gang swooping in guns blazing over even the slightest thing, but I should have known better with a few of you die-hards

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. I didn’t bring it up out of nowhere. This thread is literally about comparing QB playoff performances. Rolleyes

Thought maybe we were past the Dalton Gang swooping in guns blazing over even the slightest thing, but I should have known better with a few of you die-hards

I wasn't defending Dalton, I was just curious as to why you find a Bengals failure funny, that's all. Even when they have success, you still can't let it go. That's actually pretty sad.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I wasn't defending Dalton, I was just curious as to why you find a Bengals failure funny, that's all. Even when they have success, you still can't let it go. That's actually pretty sad.

What’s sad are those AD numbers up there! LOL Tongue

Anyway, any thoughts on the actual thread, Vinyl?

Reply/Quote