Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question For Biden Voters......
If Biden wins and our economy tanks, jobs are shipped over seas, and suicide and crime rates go up, will it have been worth it to vote for him just because of his political party or hatred for Trump?
When Trump wins Ohio Biden voters are going to go to bed, I think.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-04-2020, 12:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If Biden wins and our economy tanks, jobs are shipped over seas, and suicide and crime rates go up, will it have been worth it to vote for him just because of his political party or hatred for Trump?

If Trump wins and our economy continues to tank, jobs are shipped over seas, and suicide and crime rates go up, will it have been worth it to vote for him just because of his political party or hatred for liberals?

Mellow

People don't vote for person or policy any more, they vote party. The country was going in the right direction under Obama/Biden. It continued in that direction under the early part of Trump, but some of the policies (NAFTA2, embargos, etc) were likely to have long-term negative effects. But, people don't care about that because liberals eat babies and murder grandparents?
Usually stand by you Brad, but I cannot on this one.

Folks didn't vote for Biden out of malice

They did so out of ignorance
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-04-2020, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Usually stand by you Brad, but I cannot on this one.

I've only heard as hate for Trump as a reason to vote for Biden, that and the want to keep abortion legal, which Trump has said he wants to turn the decision over to states anyways.
(11-04-2020, 12:33 AM)Benton Wrote: If Trump wins and our economy continues to tank, jobs are shipped over seas, and suicide and crime rates go up, will it have been worth it to vote for him just because of his political party or hatred for liberals?

Mellow

People don't vote for person or policy any more, they vote party. The country was going in the right direction under Obama/Biden. It continued in that direction under the early part of Trump, but some of the policies (NAFTA2, embargos, etc) were likely to have long-term negative effects. But, people don't care about that because liberals eat babies and murder grandparents?

The economy was killing it pre-Rona and now it's recovering, so you're saying "continues to tank" out of bias against Trump.
(11-04-2020, 01:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The economy was killing it pre-Rona and now it's recovering, so you're saying "continues to tank" out of bias against Trump.

Well not really.

If you look at the progression, it improved at about the same rate under obama as it did trump up until rona. The concern is that trump's policies (like tens of billions in bailouts flowing his tariffs) would eventually lead to that leveling off or getting worse

I get it: neither side cares about the deficit any more. But eventually you have to pay your check.
If trump wins we’ll all go back to not wearing masks because ‘Rona’ obviously doesn’t spread in the air
(11-04-2020, 01:59 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If trump wins we’ll all go back to not wearing masks because ‘Rona’ obviously doesn’t spread in the air

I'm wondering how the kidnapping political opponents will play out. Will trump be trump or will he be a decent human?
(11-04-2020, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Usually stand by you Brad, but I cannot on this one.

This is quite the dubious claim.

(11-04-2020, 01:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The economy was killing it pre-Rona and now it's recovering, so you're saying "continues to tank" out of bias against Trump.

The economic recovery we are seeing is propped up by government spending. Consumer confidence is still down. The citizens are still not willing to spend the money. We were actually seeing signs of a recession coming before the pandemic hit. These are all things that show the economy wasn't all that hot. However, let me say now that this all isn't because of Trump, and a continued economic downturn under Biden wouldn't be his fault, either. The economy is a machine that has so many moving parts. Who sits in the White House has some impact, but the level of impact they have is minimal when weighed into the totality of things that makes the economic engines run.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I think a major reason some claim that Trump has a cult following is that all of those things are happening now. His supporters still present it all as some hypothetical if Biden wins.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-04-2020, 01:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've only heard as hate for Trump as a reason to vote for Biden

That explains the problem.  You never hear anything from outside the right wing echo chamber.
(11-04-2020, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That explains the problem.  You never hear anything from outside the right wing echo chamber.

Typical Fred assuming things to fit his narratives.

Before you try and get me suspended, remember that you took the first shot.
(11-04-2020, 02:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical Fred assuming things to fit his narratives.

Before you try and get me suspended, remember that you took the first shot.

You constantly start posts that are based upon your being baffled at how stupid and evil people who disagree with you are.  Is it possible to ever get the first shot in on you?
(11-04-2020, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You constantly start posts that are based upon your being baffled at how stupid and evil people who disagree with you are.  Is it possible to ever get the first shot in on you?

Who did I call stupid in my original post?

Who did I take a personal shot at in my original post?
(11-04-2020, 02:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who did I call stupid in my original post?

Who did I take a personal shot at in my original post?

People who voted for Biden.  You are asking Biden voters if they will be happy when he gets elected and destroys the USA.  To act like you aren't starting things off with a volley of barbs is a bit hard to swallow.
(11-04-2020, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People who voted for Biden.  You are asking Biden voters if they will be happy when he gets elected and destroys the USA.  To act like you aren't starting things off with a volley of barbs is a bit hard to swallow.

Not to mention it's not a Biden presidency that will destroy America, but the inevitable presidency of Kamala Harris once Biden is deemed unfit to remain in office.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-04-2020, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People who voted for Biden.  You are asking Biden voters if they will be happy when he gets elected and destroys the USA.  To act like you aren't starting things off with a volley of barbs is a bit hard to swallow.

Still not sure who I called stupid.

And I asked if that happens, considering how well things were going under Trump pre-pandemic, would it be worth it?

To act like your response wasn't just a personal attack on me is a bit hard to swallow.
It's hard to deal in hypotheticals like this because the context is so important. But I'll entertain the idea.

Let's just start with the historical aspect, as economies tend to flourish under Democrats rather than Republicans, so if it did tank under Biden, I'd be surprised.

Was it a case where Biden was unable to rectify Trump's economic blunders, continuing the current tanking? Or would it be a case of his new policies adding on top of Trump's tanking? It's hard to answer this without knowing what hypothetically happened.

But beyond the economy, unless what Biden did to tank the economy was just beyond the pale, I will likely still think I made the correct vote because of other factors in which Biden is objectively more aligned with my ideals, such as climate change, a transition to clean energy, living wages and healthcare, among other things. He doesn't match me on any of these, but he is closer than Trump is.

In short, the question is flawed because it assumes a reasoning for voting for Biden (because of hatred for Trump) that simply doesn't exist. At least not as the main priority. Democrats, generally, don't hate Trump because he's a jackass who lies as much as he speaks. It doesn't help, but most Democrats hate him for his policies. Anti-immigration (especially in regards to refugees and asylum seekers), climate change denial, resistance to forward progress in the energy sector, his bungling of the pandemic etc.

Now, the Republicans that flipped on Trump because he was saying the quiet part out loud too much (such as the Lincoln Project)...they're a different story. I don't know what they'd say in response to this post.
(11-04-2020, 02:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Still not sure who I called stupid.

And I asked if that happens, considering how well things were going under Trump pre-pandemic, would it be worth it?

To act like your response wasn't just a personal attack on me is a bit hard to swallow.

If you really think your original post and tone is the best way to open an actual exchange of ideas and opinions all the power to ya.  Keep on being you, I just wanted to point out that in my opinion you come off a bit antagonistic and closed-minded (and I otter know about that).