Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Everyone
We've had two consecutive poor performances by the Bengals as a whole. Im not calling out anyone because they all blew it these past two weeks. My question is simply this:

Do they learn from these past two weeks and improve as a result or do they continue down the same path as they have in previous years and end up committing the same mistakes?
Reply/Quote
I don't think last night was a poor performance, per se. The Texans loss was a typical "Bengals don't show up" loss, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think last night was a poor performance, per se.  The Texans loss was a typical "Bengals don't show up" loss, though.

This ^^^
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This ^^^
Reply/Quote
They lost a game full of random bad luck and mistakes to a top 4 team. That isn't not showing up. They had a bad 3rd quarter, definitely. They recovered
Reply/Quote
Texans game stunk. Should not have happened.

Last night? We scored 31 points and were without one of our best CBs, which led to us giving up three points more than we scored. And we did it against a team ranked top 5 on offense and defense. The only thing we need to learn from last night? Block on the right better, get into the backfield more.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've had two consecutive poor performances by the Bengals as a whole. Im not calling out anyone because they all blew it these past two weeks. My question is simply this:

Do they learn from these past two weeks and improve as a result or do they continue down the same path as they have in previous years and end up committing the same mistakes?

In Houston game, the offense didn't show up, defense did. Being a home game makes this one a lemon performance by the offense, which had every advantage.

In Arizona the opponent was good and it was a close game. D looked over matched without Adam Jones.

Reply/Quote
Hate to see Burfict in coverage trying to chase down a pass over the top of his head. Palmer was Palmer, makes some mistakes, and then throws perfectly placed passes.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've had two consecutive poor performances by the Bengals as a whole. Im not calling out anyone because they all blew it these past two weeks. My question is simply this:

They played AZ very tough on a short week at their place.  I think they are totally capable of going 6-0 and ending the regular season at 14-2.  People will cry homer, but they will likely be favored in every game except Denver, and that is a big maybe.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 01:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They played AZ very tough on a short week at their place.  I think they are totally capable of going 6-0 and ending the regular season at 14-2.  People will cry homer, but they will likely be favored in every game except Denver, and that is a big maybe.  

Capable and what's likely to happen are 2 seperate things. I highly doubt the same Bengal team that lost to Yates again is going to do anything beyond what they have been the last few years. This is looking like a 1 n done team. :angry:
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: Texans game stunk. Should not have happened.

Last night? We scored 31 points and were without one of our best CBs, which led to us giving up three points more than we scored. And we did it against a team ranked top 5 on offense and defense. The only thing we need to learn from last night? Block on the right better, get into the backfield more.

Rush Palmer hard in the last minutes of the game and stay the hell out of the pathetic prevent defense; . :angry:
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 02:47 AM)Derrick Wrote: Rush Palmer hard in the last minutes of the game and stay the hell out of the pathetic prevent defense; . :angry:

You almost have to go prevent when down to your 5th and 6th CB and Reggie had left the game with concussion symptoms

Pacman
Kirkpatrick
Hall
Dennard
Shaw
Lewis-Harris

Yeah, at that point any stops would be a blessing
Reply/Quote
If we get Adam Jones back and he stays healthy I don't worry much about the up and coming games. He is so crucial to this team on D and special teams.

Reply/Quote
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I also have for everyone:

Is there a resource that tracks penalties by players? That penalty on Peko seemed so strange to me that I wanted to see if he'd ever been flagged for another unsportsmanlike penalty in his entire career... The dude is just about the least dirty, best sportsman in the history of football (in my opinion).
Reply/Quote
Sunday night wasn't really a poor performance. We were leading at the half, coaching failed to make the proper adjustments, and then we overcame the failures to tie it up. Only to end up losing to another coaching blunder. Andy kept us in the game despite poor offensive line play, and the defense didn't let us get blown away despite an injury depleted secondary. It was a typical Bengals performance, were some really good play gets overshadowed by some moronic coaching. We played a really good team at home and took them to the wire. Im ok with that.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: Texans game stunk. Should not have happened.

They were not only without Jones.  Dennard and Williams left the game to not return, and Reggie Williams missing significant time in the second half.  They were playing with Josh Shaw and Deron Smith (I honestly did not even know who he was) on the field against one of the best passing attacks in the entire league.

The Houston game was not a good offensive performance, no doubt about it.  The Arizona game is nothing to be ashamed of.
Reply/Quote

dont think Sunday night was a bad effort on the whole... offense put up 31... Defense just lost to many bodys to stop palmer

then MNF was a great defensive effort. by both teams
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've had two consecutive poor performances by the Bengals as a whole.

We were playing on the road and lost on a last second FG to a team ranked top 5 in both offense and defense.

Knee-jerk overreact much?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We were playing on the road and lost on a last second FG to a team ranked top 5 in both offense and defense.

Knee-jerk overreact much?

Not to mention after giving up 21 straight,unanswered points to go down by 14. Only to come back and lose by a last sec go ahead field goal. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
The offense was part of giving up that 21, though, as strange as that may sound. They had no yards in the 3rd quarter up until that last minute drive that resulted in a TD in the 4th, I think. I hope the Bengals figure the 3rd quarter out, if that even means just keeping the quarter tied at 0-0.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote