Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Republicans
How many more people have to be fired by Trump, who are tasked with investigating Trump, will it take to make you feel concerned?

Just wondering how many more heads need to roll for/if/when the reality sets in?
(05-13-2017, 01:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How many more people have to be fired by Trump, who are tasked with investigating Trump, will it take to make you feel concerned?

Just wondering how many more heads need to roll for/if/when the reality sets in?

Over/Under: 32,000
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(05-13-2017, 01:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How many more people have to be fired by Trump, who are tasked with investigating Trump, will it take to make you feel concerned?

A. Provide me with a list of those that have been fired to date

B. I really couldn't give a raw number as I would have to consider each individual firing on its own merit. I know that's not the rational way to do it; but it's how I roll.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-13-2017, 08:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: A. Provide me with a list of those that have been fired to date

B. I really couldn't give a raw number as I would have to consider each individual firing on its own merit. I know that's not the rational way to do it; but it's how I roll.

[Image: mg5wwk-b781047063z.120130105090317000gcm....jpg?w=620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I have a question for Democrats,

Why wouldn't you applaud Trump for firing Comey since Comey cause Clinton the election and that every Democrat would scream and yell about bribery or whatever when nothing is found in the investigation?

I'm not saying Comey caused Clinton the election, Clinton says so.

Everyone is really going way overboard on this thing and I now consider anything a Democrat says as irrelevant because of it. Trump can walk down some stairs and Democrats will find fault in which foot he led with and make a connection to Hitler in some way.

By the way, I did not vote for Trump, I voted for Castle. I did not want Trump as president and I didn't want Clinton as president. They are both bad for this country and I did not want them anywhere near. I just hope to make it through the next 8 years because clearly, Democrats have lost their minds over Trump.
(05-13-2017, 07:31 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I have a question for Democrats,

Why wouldn't you applaud Trump for firing Comey since Comey cause Clinton the election and that every Democrat would scream and yell about bribery or whatever when nothing is found in the investigation?

Everyone is really going way overboard on this thing and I now consider anything a Democrat says as irrelevant because of it. Trump can walk down some stairs and Democrats will find fault in which foot he led with and make a connection to Hitler in some way.

By the way, I did not vote for Trump, I voted for Castle. I did not want Trump as president and I didn't want Clinton as president. They are both bad for this country and I did not want them anywhere near. I just hope to make it through the next 8 years because clearly, Democrats have lost their minds over Trump.

Walking down the stairs and firing a guy after he opens an investigation about your obvious connections to a foreign government may not be comparable.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if a business guy has dealings with a foreign government. Profit knows no borders. But when the commander in chief has better relations with a foreign government than his own, that's worth checking out.

It is how they roll. Remember before the G.E. all Dems were saying Trump should accept the results of the election regardless how it turns out.

Welp, turns out Trump won and all we hear about is how Russia cost Hills the election and the popular vote.

(05-13-2017, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is how they roll. Remember before the G.E. all Dems were saying Trump should accept the results of the election regardless how it turns out.

Welp, turns out Trump won and all we hear about is how Russia cost Hills the election and the popular vote.

From Republicans...

Most of us just admit the Russians tried to interfere....the question is how successful it was.  

And that is probably above and beyond the relationship between the POTUS, his administration and campaign staff with the Russians.  The ones who get "forgetting" that they talked to them or what they talked about.

But hey, that's how we roll.

I'm not a Democrat, not by the longest of shots, so maybe that gives me some credibility. The answer to your question is easy from that standpoint. Your president just fired the man leading an investigation against his transition team. The reason Rosenstein gave, although maybe honest, and the reason some Democrats used to give for their wish of firing Comey, was not Trump's reason. Trump himself said it - when deciding to fire Comey, he was thinking of that whole Trump and Russia thing and how it's a made up story.
Now no matter if you believe this narrative or not (Democrats completely made up the Russia story as an excuse - which honestly seems incredibly unbelievable) doesn't really matter. The optics are bad on that one. Even worse when hearing Trump wanted Comey to pledge his loyalty towards him. Not the country or the constitution. Him.

Now you can focus on the Democrats and not see this bad optics at all. But I feel that's a waste. Your dislike of the other side clouds your vision, I'd say. We in Europe have strong party affiliations, too, but if anyone pulled something like Trump did here, everyone would at least be alarmed. Only the blindest loyalists wouldn't, and you said yourself, you're not loyal to Trump. So why go with his deflection? This doesn't have to do with Democrats in the first place.

(05-13-2017, 07:31 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Everyone is really going way overboard on this thing and I now consider anything a Democrat says as irrelevant because of it. Trump can walk down some stairs and Democrats will find fault in which foot he led with and make a connection to Hitler in some way.

You get outraged about hypotheticals. ("Stairs", "bribery", things that aren't reality). That's the first thing. The second thing, that the political opponent tends to exaggerate things is not news. Democrats do it. Republicans do it. My impression from way abroad always was that the Republicans are even worse, this might not be true, but the opposite certainly isn't. We took notice about 8 years of open obstruction by Republicans, we saw some taking side with the birther movement, we heard them say Obamacare implements death panels, we heard claims Obama behaves like a monarch, doesn't love his country. So there's just fairness. I can understand if you consider every politician's word as irrelevant, but to specify it like you did is not the entirely accurate conclusion. But the partisan one.
(05-14-2017, 12:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: From Republicans...

Most of us just admit the Russians tried to interfere....the question is how successful it was.  

And that is probably above and beyond the relationship between the POTUS, his administration and campaign staff with the Russians.  The ones who get "forgetting" that they talked to them or what they talked about.

But hey, that's how we roll.

Yeah, just hit the back arrow and see who rolls how when it comes to Russia. Sure are a lot of Republicans starting threads on the subject.

A friend posted on Facebook his outrage that CNN "did a story" about Trump getting two scoops of ice cream while everyone else only got one.

Turns out it was a story about all the things the POTUS said in an interview and that too got mentioned.

He completely ignored the President saying he invented the phrase "priming the pump".

There will some fluff in the stuff Trump gets called out on...he says something dumb almost every day...but that should not distract from a guy who said in a televised interview that he fired the head of the FBI because he was investigating his administration. 

IMHO.
(05-14-2017, 10:49 AM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not a Democrat, not by the longest of shots, so maybe that gives me some credibility. The answer to your question is easy from that standpoint. Your president just fired the man leading an investigation against his transition team. The reason Rosenstein gave, although maybe honest, and the reason some Democrats used to give for their wish of firing Comey, was not Trump's reason. Trump himself said it - when deciding to fire Comey, he was thinking of that whole Trump and Russia thing and how it's a made up story.
Now no matter if you believe this narrative or not (Democrats completely made up the Russia story as an excuse - which honestly seems incredibly unbelievable) doesn't really matter. The optics are bad on that one. Even worse when hearing Trump wanted Comey to pledge his loyalty towards him. Not the country or the constitution. Him.

Now you can focus on the Democrats and not see this bad optics at all. But I feel that's a waste. Your dislike of the other side clouds your vision, I'd say. We in Europe have strong party affiliations, too, but if anyone pulled something like Trump did here, everyone would at least be alarmed. Only the blindest loyalists wouldn't, and you said yourself, you're not loyal to Trump. So why go with his deflection? This doesn't have to do with Democrats in the first place.

You get outraged about hypotheticals. ("Stairs", "bribery", things that aren't reality). That's the first thing. The second thing, that the political opponent tends to exaggerate things is not news. Democrats do it. Republicans do it. My impression from way abroad always was that the Republicans are even worse, this might not be true, but the opposite certainly isn't. We took notice about 8 years of open obstruction by Republicans, we saw some taking side with the birther movement, we heard them say Obamacare implements death panels, we heard claims Obama behaves like a monarch, doesn't love his country. So there's just fairness. I can understand if you consider every politician's word as irrelevant, but to specify it like you did is not the entirely accurate conclusion. But the partisan one.

Has anyone read the book about Hillary and the election?  I hear in the book, they did exactly that right after the loss.  They  may have not created the entire story, but their decision was to push hard that Russia cost them the election.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

The FBI director is a ten year appointed term for a reason. They didn't want another Hoover, but they wanted the position to be a non-political one. This is the second time an FBI director has been fired. The first one was by Clinton for ethical concerns, and Clinton wasn't being investigated by the FBI at the time. This is a big thing. Comey broke with the traditions and procedures of the DoJ with his July and October statements, but they weren't offenses that should have resulted in termination. Had they been, Obama would have been justified in doing so.

Here is what is troubling about this, the White House is lying. They didn't fire Comey for the Clinton investigation. They had an end result of firing Comey that Trump wanted to occur, and they went backwards looking for justification. Then, they couldn't get their story straight. When you combine this occurring with the fact that Comey was in charge of the investigation into the Russian influence in the election and the possible ties to the Trump campaign, this becomes a much murkier subject.

I don't like Comey for a number of reasons, beyond the Clinton stuff. But this was not an ethical action on the part of Trump. Hell, when you have Edward Snowden saying this was wrong and we're talking about a man being fired whose job it was to hunt him, who has been listening to his conversations and reading his emails, something is amiss.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-15-2017, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Has anyone read the book about Hillary and the election?  I hear in the book, they did exactly that right after the loss.  They  may have not created the entire story, but their decision was to push hard that Russia cost them the election.  

? You quoted me, so is this somehow directed at me? In this case, well of course they pushed the Russia narrative - and why wouldn't they. The Russian interference isn't questioned. And if someone does question it in its core, one would have to assume that all the FBI, CIA, NSA directors and their surrogates would be in the Democrat's boat when also pushing the story. They push it because there's a lot to it - not necessarily that it cost Hillary the election (that would go too far), but that the interference happened and that it's severe. (Which is what most Democrats I listened to said, and rightfully so.)

Plus, Democrats couldn't have possibly foreseen Trump firing the FBI director investigating his team and admitting that when he decided that, he thought of the Trump-Russia story. In the end, Trump brought the Russia issue upon him all by himself.
zzzzz Russia interfered, the depth is unclear (unless you are a democrat, then it's clear that they cost Hillary the election).

I've said it before and I will say it again.
If we don't want outside influence, then we (the US) shouldn't mettle in other countries elections either. What comes around goes around. The US has been caught donating money to Anti-Putin factions, well Putin won despite that, now how do you think he feels about US interference in their elections and do you think he gives a crap what we think about his interference in our election? Those calling foul, are nothing more than hypocrites.
Don't want someone else interfering in our elections? Then don't stick your nose in other countries elections.
(05-15-2017, 12:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: zzzzz Russia interfered, the depth is unclear (unless you are a democrat, then it's clear that they cost Hillary the election).

If we don't want outside influence, then we (the US) shouldn't mettle in other countries elections either. What comes around goes around. The US has been caught donating money to Anti-Putin factions, well Putin won despite that, now how do you think he feels about US interference in their elections and do you think he gives a crap what we think about his interference in our election? Those calling foul, are nothing more than hypocrites.
Don't want someone else interfering in our elections? Then don't stick your nose in other countries elections.

I agree that we should not drop to the level of our enemies.

I disagree that because of our interference we should ignore the smoke that is rising from the Trump campaign and administration.  

What do I read here so often? If you have nothing to hide just do what you're told and let the court sort it out.
(05-15-2017, 12:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: zzzzz Russia interfered, the depth is unclear (unless you are a democrat, then it's clear that they cost Hillary the election).

Really? You're seriously going to sit here and say, paraphrasing here, no big deal because turn about is fair play? And how are we hypocrites? Point to anyone crying foul that has supported or advocated any activities in foreign elections by our government. Also, when was our government caught donating? Was unaware of this, so source please.

But one last thing, a question, yes or no answer: Are you comfortable with a foreign actor potentially altering, directly or indirectly, the results of our elections through their actions, either directly or indirectly?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-13-2017, 08:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: A. Provide me with a list of those that have been fired to date

I noticed you never got a response, but I believe the following who the OP was referring to are Sally Yates, Preet Bharara, and James Comey. 

Of course, we all know Comey for fired for investigating Clinton...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-15-2017, 01:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I noticed you never got a response, but I believe the following who the OP was referring to are Sally Yates, Preet Bharara, and James Comey. 

Of course, we all know Comey for fired for investigating Clinton...

Thanks.

I thought Yates was fired because of the Travel Executive order and Bharara was fired because he didn't resign when asked to as part of an administration change.

(05-15-2017, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks.

I thought Yates was fired because of the Travel Executive order and Bharara was fired because he didn't resign when asked to as part of an administration change.

Yep. And Comey was fired for investigating Clinton. 

I knew you asked a question you already knew the answer to so thats why i never answered.