Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quick message from Katie
(02-14-2022, 08:48 PM)Yogo Wrote: Better not be the Team Chase guys complaining about not protecting Joe enough this year. Can only do so much with limited draft picks and free agents that want to come here while addressing needs on the defensive side of the ball. Seriously, not a bad off-season, maybe the best ever. If we could've countered their Dline overload earlier, the SB might've been ours. I'm a crow eater that is very content how this season has shaken out. Better than expected by far.

*sigh*

Chase was too good to pass up. Period. Especially his connection with Burrow. And if they take Humphrey or Cosmi in the 2nd we’re probably celebrating our first championship right now. Pick #5 was an absolute home run. Pick #46 (the OT with back issues that couldn’t beat out Akeem Adeniji) was a disaster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *sigh*

Chase was too good to pass up. Period. Especially his connection with Burrow. And if they take Humphrey or Cosmi in the 2nd we’re probably celebrating our first championship right now. Pick #5 was an absolute home run. Pick #46 (the OT with back issues that couldn’t beat out Akeem Adeniji) was a disaster.

Okay, that's fair, but we DID address OL as a kinda high priority, but not THE highest priority, and we whiffed yet again.  So really can't complain.  Our scouts just don't know OL.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:47 PM)Science Friction Wrote: There's no way he can last another one, Tony. It is truly abusive to allow the guy who can lead you to the Promise Land to be banged around like that.  If they don't fix it, I just can't watch Joe's career end next season. It's too painful to watch.

was the total sacks at 8... last time I checked they were at 7... dont know if the last play of the game counted as a sack or inc.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus. She’s just saying thanks.

This place continues to degrade into a cesspool. I’d love to see better moderation of off topic comments and simply no value bitching in threads that have purpose other than no value bitching. This isn’t just post SB but for a while now.
Reply/Quote
Drafting burrow was a no brainer burrow had more to do with chase being drafted. Their talent evaluation is other wise mediocre at best. Just let burrow draft who he wants they would
Probably be more successful
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *sigh*

This. Reaching on Carman was the issue. I feel like if he wasn't from Cincy...they take someone else. Oh well, most of their moves worked out great.

And the team had no clue they'd be in the SB or they probably make different moves.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: This place continues to degrade into a cesspool. I’d love to see better moderation of off topic comments and simply no value bitching in threads that have purpose other than no value bitching. This isn’t just post SB but for a while now.

I checked in here today and holy hell has this place become ass cancer.  This board is better than that.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was a damn good team they built this year, just fix the OL and we can be the best.

No excuses to not fix our only weakness.

O-line and CB we need at least one more after we cut you know who...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:23 PM)Yogo Wrote: Okay, that's fair, but we DID address OL as a kinda high priority, but not THE highest priority, and we whiffed yet again.  So really can't complain.  Our scouts just don't know OL.

Reiff was a nice addition, but there should have at least one more in FA. And yeah - Carman looks like a bad pick so far. He’s still super young, and might pan out, but that doesn’t make it any easier to take right now the day after losing Super Bowl with your 2nd round pick on the bench.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:47 PM)Science Friction Wrote: There's no way he can last another one, Tony. It is truly abusive to allow the guy who can lead you to the Promise Land to be banged around like that.  If they don't fix it, I just can't watch Joe's career end next season. It's too painful to watch.

I know he's rich and all, and some people point to that, but I feel bad for Burrow.. He hasn't complained once either.. If this doesn't get fixed this year, it's not gonna be good.. He never quit either, risking his own health for a win.. 
Reply/Quote

If Joe leaves I'd be tempted to go with him... I'll always be a Bengals fan but I'd stick with Joe too...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:23 PM)Yogo Wrote: Okay, that's fair, but we DID address OL as a kinda high priority, but not THE highest priority, and we whiffed yet again.  So really can't complain.  Our scouts just don't know OL.

Everyone questioned the Carman pick.. This is why.. Dudes a bust..
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nice, I guess, but what I want to hear is that they're not satisfied and will exhaust all ends to bring a championship. Including a practice facility and free agent spending.

Fair, but you got to remember: on Monday, she's got to walk through the office and looks those guys in the eyes. If she comes out too hard, some guys are going to take that as 'man, we just killed ourselves and she's talking about it not being good enough.'

I understand wanting to convey that message of 'good enough is never good enough' but at the same time you've got to let the athletes know you appreciated what they did. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:55 PM)Tony Wrote: If Joe leaves I'd be tempted to go with him... I'll always be a Bengals fan but I'd stick with Joe too...

Has a young qb ever been sacked this much and not been ruined?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Has a young qb ever been sacked this much and not been ruined?

No idea the exact numbers from their first couple seasons but Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger have always been sacked a ton throughout their careers.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:15 PM)MickMack Wrote: I checked in here today and holy hell has this place become ass cancer.  This board is better than that.

I knew a guy that had ass cancer. Wasn't that big of a deal. Had it removed in thirty minutes. Back home within two or three hours.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea the exact numbers from their first couple seasons but Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger have always been sacked a ton throughout their careers.

Wilson was sacked 40+ times for 8 straight years...and Ben was sacked a crazy once every 8 attempts in his 1st 6 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Has a young qb ever been sacked this much and not been ruined?

Andrew Luck is the horror story.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:19 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Andrew Luck is the horror story.

Joe will not last as long as Andrew if this doesn't get fixed.  AND FAST.
Reply/Quote
I think people need to chill about this front office right now. The last couple of off-seasons we've done super well in FA. I know last year there really wasn't any star OL in FA like there will be this year. Plus we've been hearing rumblings about players actually wanting to come here. Just take a deep breath and put a tiny bit of faith into our front office, since I feel like the last two years they've actually tried to change for the better.
Reply/Quote