Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quinton Spain Believes He's the NFL's Most Underrated Player!
(07-08-2021, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk ZT has "Believed" since he got here and it hasnt gotten us anywhere.

What do you mean? It's gotten a 1st overall pick and a 5th overall pick!
If Taylor hadn't have been HC/OC and Anarumo been the DC, perhaps they wouldn't have had a chance to get Burrow and Chase!
Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: For Spain?

H is not claiming he is the best.  He is just claiming he is underrated.  He was a starter by the second half of his rookies season and then a regular starter for 4 straight years.  Seems like a pretty good resume for a guy who had to settle for league minimum contract.  I can see why he feels disrespected.

Thought it was "most underrated" not just underrated. If anyone believes he is the MOST underrated player in the NFL, that's mental illness or drugs. Likely not the MOST underrated on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 12:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you mean? It's gotten a 1st overall pick and a 5th overall pick!
If Taylor hadn't have been HC/OC and Anarumo been the DC, perhaps they wouldn't have had a chance to get Burrow and Chase!
Ninja

Might've had to settle for that Herbert scrub if we'd have been a lil more competitive.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 04:30 PM)Destro Wrote:  If anyone believes he is the MOST underrated player in the NFL, that's mental illness or drugs. 

WTF

Someone has to be the most underrated player in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 05:09 PM)jason Wrote: Might've had to settle for that Herbert scrub if we'd have been a lil more competitive.

The Chargers also lost like 7 close games so he's technically damn near 14-1 as a starter or something. 
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF

Probably reserved for all the long snappers no one knows and don't have to stress out over. 
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF

"Someone" and "most." Topic is him and he is not that someone.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 07:08 PM)Destro Wrote: "Someone" and "most." Topic is him and he is not that someone.

Then who is?

It is one thing to say a guy is wrong.  It is another to accuse him of mental illness or drug use.  An allegation like that deserves soem more info from you to back it up.  So it must be VERY clear who the most underrated player is, right?
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then who is?

It is one thing to say a guy is wrong.  It is another to accuse him of mental illness or drug use.  An allegation like that deserves soem more info from you to back it up.  So it must be VERY clear who the most underrated player is, right?

"Very clear?" No, that's not needed for this, as it can be subjective and opinionated, but still exclusionary. 

Who is the smartest man in the world? I'm not sure, and I'm sure people may have opinions, but it damn sure isn't Flava Flav. 
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:49 PM)Destro Wrote: "Very clear?" No, that's not needed for this, as it can be subjective and opinionated, but still exclusionary. 

Who is the smartest man in the world? I'm not sure, and I'm sure people may have opinions, but it damn sure isn't Flava Flav. 

Ratings are very subjective. I guess if he considers himself to be the most underrated than that’s his truth, but not anyone else’s.
Reply/Quote
According to things Ive read throughout the years on here would have to think the most underrated player of all time is

AJ McCarron

Yet his wife is not underrated at all, just ask Brent Musberger.

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear this, been saying a off-season I'm higher on Spain than most he is for sure our starter.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I keep seeing all sorts of stats that seem to indicate Spain is a really good player.  Supposedly he hardly ever gave up a sack while playing for the Bills/Texans.

But they cut him last year and then despite there being a lot of film of his play with the Bengals he had to settle for a league minimum contract in free agency.

I generally trust the professional scouts of NFL teams a lot more than PFF and random stats.  So I don't have very high expectations for Spain this year.

I don't remember him grading out very well, but I know this:  The line here was significantly better after he arrived and especially when XSF came back to man the other guard spot.  Sure, level of competition factors in here and he came in fresh against guys that were beat up physically, but he did help to stabilize the line.  

This gets in to fanboy stuff, but he seemed to also have more energy and "swagger" than the turd storms we were rolling out there.  I like him.  Would I rather have Quinten Nelson or even Zeitler?  Yes.  But I will sure take him as a veteran that is at the very least, solid in the middle.  
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice see he has some fight in his attitude.  However, if his play doesn't back it up, at the end of the day it's still just bravado.

This. 

Let's hope he actually plays with some attitude. 
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 02:32 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: This. 

Let's hope he actually plays with some attitude. 

How about attitude with discipline?  Remember Alex Redmond?  Guy had plenty of attitude, just a severe lack of discipline..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote