Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-12-2020, 01:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And there it is from Hobson:

“Although he said they would take a look at Su'a-Filo to see if he can go, Taylor didn't sound like he wants to get into a rotation He loves the vet guards Su'a-Filo and Quinton Spain, but it sounds like he's sticking with left guard Michael Jordan and right guard Alex Redmond.”

Neither Spain or XSF will be starting.

BS.

Alright, need new coaches. This is ridiculous.

(11-12-2020, 02:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't really matter who starts, if Jordan and/or Redmond start struggling, they will be replaced forthwith, just like last game.

By then we will probably be down 20...

This is just completely stupid.
Reply/Quote

“Although he said they would take a look at Su'a-Filo to see if he can go, Taylor didn't sound like he wants to get into a rotation He loves the vet guards Su'a-Filo and Quinton Spain, but it sounds like he's sticking with left guard Michael Jordan and right guard Alex Redmond.”

Zac also said that Spain would only play in the last game in an emergency situation.  So I'll take anything he says with a grain of salt.  XSF just started practicing this week.  Lets see if he is even ready to play in a game.

Good answer

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 02:47 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: What you are asking for just isn't possible under next year's salary cap. They already have 2 players on Defense at 100 Million. I'd want Lawson and WJ3 back as well; but, they play positions that are the top tier in Money on Defense. They already have Waynes signed for 4 years at 45 Million. You can't do that with WJ3 as well.
You can sign another OL for much cheaper, and draft another Tackle with the 1st pick, giving Burrow the protection he needs moving forward.
The rest of the picks can come to help the Defense.
I do agree with you somewhat about Kareem. But, let's hold back any sweeping analysis until year 2 in the league. We know that players take big steps in year 2, and he could take off next year.

You are talking that amount under length of contract, which is spread across multiple years.
You can do that depending on how much is allocated toward the cap in each year.
You can easily do it if you move on from Atkins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay we are being brainless if we start MJ after the awful play we have gotten from him and not Spain who went in with no practice and locked his spot down. Ditto Redmond and XSF. I think Taylor is trying to get Burrow injured.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 04:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Okay we are being brainless if we start MJ after the awful play we have gotten from him and not Spain who went in with no practice and locked his spot down. Ditto Redmond and XSF. I think Taylor is trying to get Burrow injured.

I don't know how much it is Taylor rather than Turner.

But it's one thing to stick with your guys if you're winning.
It's another to stick with your guys if you keep losing.
At some point, you have to start getting some return on your investment.
And when you finally do, you need to assess what it cost to wait until that point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
He will.stick with Jordan and Redmond until Heyward and Tuitt
Forklift both of them into.the lap of JB.
Redmond and Jordan cannot drive Heyward and Tuitt off the
Call in the run game nor can they negate them when it comes to pass blocking
ZT is dumber than I.thought.
Reply/Quote
Taylor’s loyalty to “his guys” (Anarumo included) will be his downfall.

I wasn’t on board with the crazy talk by some here about not starting Jonah or Hopkins, but no one on this team has played well enough at OG to be guaranteed a starting job.

Spain played pretty well considering he met some of his teammates for the first time in the damn huddle vs Tennessee. With the bye it was a perfect time to get him more acclimated. I don’t understand this one bit.

Reply/Quote
I read that Zack Taylor said he wanted to put Jordan back in with XSF at G. Not sure how everyone else feels about this but I thought Spain gave us something more at G when he played in Titans game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 05:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor’s loyalty to “his guys” (Anarumo included) will be his downfall.

I wasn’t on board with the crazy talk by some here about not starting Jonah or Hopkins, but no one on this team has played well enough at OG to be guaranteed a starting job.

Spain played pretty well considering he met some of his teammates for the first time in the damn huddle vs Tennessee. With the bye it was a perfect time to get him more acclimated. I don’t understand this one bit.

Hilarious he’s using the “continuity” argument when we just saw in the last game that it didn’t mean shit.
Reply/Quote
That would seem an awful lot like favoritism. MJ likely has a long career ahead of him, and his ceiling has to be pretty high with his size, but as of this moment I don't see him being on Spain's level. 
Reply/Quote
Hard to tell much from just one game.

Guys like Christian Westerman, Fred Johnson, and even Alex Redmond have gotten a lot of love around here for playing one decent game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hard to tell much from just one game.

Guys like Christian Westerman, Fred Johnson, and even Alex Redmond have gotten a lot of love around here for playing one decent game.

Spain has played 71 games in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

No shit.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain has played 71 games in the NFL.

But all everyone is talking about is his performance with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But all everyone is talking about is his performance with the Bengals.

The saying, "what have you done for me lately" seems to be something you never comprehend Fred. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But all everyone is talking about is his performance with the Bengals.

Still doesn’t make sense to compare him to a bunch of unproven guys.

Reply/Quote
You make the right move by bringing in a guy to help an under-performing unit, the guy shows he can do the job and do it well, and you go back to the guy who was underperforming... yup Bengals logic right there.

I can understand wanting to develop Jordan as a G, but he can develop in practice without going out there Sunday and killing your QB. You burned the first pick on a guy, why wouldn't you do everything possible to protect him?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You make the right move by bringing in a guy to help an under-performing unit, the guy shows he can do the job and do it well, and you go back to the guy who was underperforming... yup Bengals logic right there.

I can understand wanting to develop Jordan as a G, but he can develop in practice without going out there Sunday and killing your QB. You burned the first pick on a guy, why wouldn't you do everything possible to protect him?

I think it’s pretty simple. Jim Turner is an idiot and Zac Turner just does whatever Jim tells him.
Reply/Quote

What else matters??

By that logic Reggie Nelson should have been on the bench for life since he was under-performing with Jax.

Comes here, shows he was an upgrade over what we had and then becomes a great safety.

Jordan has shown he isn't ready, not saying he never will be but he isn't ready now. So you have another option who in one game showed he is ready.... there is really no logical reason to not start Spain. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote