Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(10-29-2020, 05:12 PM)SladeX Wrote: I'm glad they're trying to improve. That's great!

I want them to build a dominant OL in the offseason. That means finding, and (eventually) paying for, Great Guards! You and I know they're worth it. Has the FO learned? Time will tell.

This is the thing I'm praying for, hard. A couple real top quality interior Olinemen. Well along with a RT and couple pass rushers. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 04:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think we will also have Price starting at Center this Sunday. If he has another good game like he did last week it will be encouraging.

Hope Price continues to build on that performance, made me feel good finally seeing him play well.

(10-29-2020, 05:12 PM)SladeX Wrote: I'm glad they're trying to improve. That's great!

I want them to build a dominant OL in the offseason. That means finding, and (eventually) paying for, Great Guards! You and I know they're worth it. Has the FO learned? Time will tell.

Yes, need to pay for great interior Lineman as well as the Tackles. They are worth it as you say, it is some of these skill players
that you can live without if you have a great OL. Especially if you have a QB who likes to spread the ball around all over the place
like we have.
Reply/Quote
Hobson says Spain will be in uniform and on the sidelines this Sunday. Good thing too, as of right now the only backup Olinemen on the roster is Sutherland (Finney doesn’t count yet). Calhoun could be activated form the PS, but that’s it.

In other good Oline news, I saw video of XSF in a helmet doing drills and he didn’t look gimpy or slow at all, so I bet he’s back against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hobson says Spain will be in uniform and on the sidelines this Sunday. Good thing too, as of right now the only backup Olinemen on the roster is Sutherland (Finney doesn’t count yet). Calhoun could be activated form the PS, but that’s it.

In other good Oline news, I saw video of XSF in a helmet doing drills and he didn’t look gimpy or slow at all, so I bet he’s back against the Steelers.

Fingers crossed, we’re gonna need all the help we can get in that game.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 06:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope Price continues to build on that performance, made me feel good finally seeing him play well.

Yes, need to pay for great interior Lineman as well as the Tackles. They are worth it as you say, it is some of these skill players
that you can live without if you have a great OL. Especially if you have a QB who likes to spread the ball around all over the place
like we have.

The thing with Price is his consistency. If you go back and watch the Eagles game, Billy looked nearly flawless in his pass protection during the 3rd and 4th quarter. Once it got to overtime, for some reason, he just fell apart. I am not sure if it is conditioning or what, but he looked like a completely different player in overtime.

Hopefully he can continue his strong play, and keep it consistent.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:50 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The thing with Price is his consistency. If you go back and watch the Eagles game, Billy looked nearly flawless in his pass protection during the 3rd and 4th quarter. Once it got to overtime, for some reason, he just fell apart. I am not sure if it is conditioning or what, but he looked like a completely different player in overtime.

Hopefully he can continue his strong play, and keep it consistent.

Thought he looked really good against the Titans. May not be a bust afterall.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought he looked really good against the Titans. May not be a bust afterall.

I am as well. PFF didn’t like him but for me, aside from a few missed blitz pickups and a bad snap, I thought he did well.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am as well. PFF didn’t like him but for me, aside from a few missed blitz pickups and a bad snap, I thought he did well.

Price had one play blocking for Perine I think where he blocked 2 defenders freeing up like a 16 yard gain.

This was the guy I wanted to see when we drafted him. Hope he just needed to get healthy and that was all it is.

Price looked great to me this Titans game. Don't care about PFF. Made me smile.
Reply/Quote
Bears fan called into Sirius today asking what they could do to solidify there interior oline for a playoff push. Jim Miller told him that they and the rest of the NFL missed the train on Spain. Good luck to Michael Jordan fighting for that starting RG gig
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bears fan called into Sirius today asking what they could do to solidify there interior oline for a playoff push. Jim Miller told him that they and the rest of the NFL missed the train on Spain. Good luck to Michael Jordan fighting for that starting RG gig

Did Redmond actually have a game without a penalty?

If he can cut down the penalties Jordan might be relegated to back up duty who knows with Finney coming in as well.

Spain was a great grab, just what we needed.

Too bad for da Bears lol
Reply/Quote
I wish we could find out why he chose Cincy. It seems like there was interest from some other teams. Think the coaches told him he would be a starter here?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bears fan called into Sirius today asking what they could do to solidify there interior oline for a playoff push. Jim Miller told him that they and the rest of the NFL missed the train on Spain. Good luck to Michael Jordan fighting for that starting RG gig

Spain going to RG and MJ staying at LG, is what I'd venture.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Spain going to RG and MJ staying at LG, is what I'd venture.

XSF backup and Redmond to PS?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: XSF backup and Redmond to PS?

I'd be game with that.

If MJ was a veteran with 3-4 years of good experience under his belt, I'd be cool with him moving, but I can just hear the, "he keeps getting moved around and he's young!" excuses, if he does poorly at RG.

The team loves MJ, as we all know.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'd be game with that.

If MJ was a veteran with 3-4 years of good experience under his belt, I'd be cool with him moving, but I can just hear the, "he keeps getting moved around and he's young!" excuses, if he does poorly at RG.

The team loves MJ, as we all know.

MJ is doing what's expected of most 4th round picks. He's improving year after year but he probably won't be a quality starter until Year 3 or 4 (if at all).
The experience he's gained starting the past 1.5 seasons has likely helped a lot, but at what detriment to the team?

He's still a below-average starter right now and should not get to hold his starting job just for the sake of growth. If Spain and XSF are both better than him (which I believe they are), they both need to be starting and he needs to be the backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Spain going to RG and MJ staying at LG, is what I'd venture.

The vast majority of Spain's experience is at LG. Move the kid and let him compete with XSF. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: MJ is doing what's expected of most 4th round picks. He's improving year after year but he probably won't be a quality starter until Year 3 or 4 (if at all).
The experience he's gained starting the past 1.5 seasons has likely helped a lot, but at what detriment to the team?

He's still a below-average starter right now and should not get to hold his starting job just for the sake of growth. If Spain and XSF are both better than him (which I believe they are), they both need to be starting and he needs to be the backup.

This is my stance too. Jordan might turn into a solid starter, but he still needs technique work and his anchor is weak, so needs more time in the weight room. For the remainder of this season, Burrow should be the priority, even if it means halting other young players development, if their development threatens Burrow’s.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: MJ is doing what's expected of most 4th round picks. He's improving year after year but he probably won't be a quality starter until Year 3 or 4 (if at all).

Feel the same and even PFF would agree with you even if I do not put a lot of stock in PFF. 

XSF was our highest rated OL before he went down, clearly better than MJ and Spain just played very well at LG with hardly 
any time to get acclimated to the team.

(11-03-2020, 01:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This is my stance too. Jordan might turn into a solid starter, but he still needs technique work and his anchor is weak, so needs more time in the weight room. For the remainder of this season, Burrow should be the priority, even if it means halting other young players development, if their development threatens Burrow’s.

Yes sir, Burrow should be the priority, not just getting young guys snaps cause they were your picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 02:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would.

Get a good T in the draft and draft an upper-midrounder at G to groom (ala Boling), then we have a good line for 2021 and a potentially great one beyond.

That would be good, maybe Tackle in round 1, and I'd rather see us get some Creed in round 2, unless Price really comes into his own for the rest of the year. I think we would be fine at G with those guys for another year.
Reply/Quote
Spain at LG and XFS at RG and it shouldn't even be a question.
Reply/Quote