Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(10-28-2020, 05:01 PM)pally Wrote:

Great news, I like Spain better than Finney. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news, I like Spain better than Finney. Rock On

I hope it's more than just this year if he does sign.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 05:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I hope it's more than just this year if he does sign.

Same, Spain is a very good pass protector. Want him here for years protecting Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news, I like Spain better than Finney. Rock On

I like Spain and Finney better than all the other centers and guards we already have.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I like Spain and Finney better than all the other centers and guards we already have.

If Spain signs beyond this year, I'll even go as far to say that I feel IOL could be serviceable enough that I'd be ok with just taking a swing OT early in the draft and using the other early draft picks on DL.

Last year, offense only put up 25+ points just twice, and it was just the last two games of the season.
This year, they've achieved that mark 4 times, and I would expect they'll hit it at least a few more.

For defense, they allowed 25+ points seven times last year.
This year, they have allowed that to happen five times already with nine games remaining.

Offense has shown they can put up enough points to win games. They just need to keep the opposition from doing the same.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I like Spain and Finney better than all the other centers and guards we already have.

Me too, these were very good grabs. Just hope Jonah is okay. He was playing good before he went down.

Thought Adeniji was serviceable filling in for Hart. Hope he continues to improve.

Like the Adeniji pick more and more.

Haven't seen his ranking, but he passed my eye test.

(10-28-2020, 06:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Spain signs beyond this year, I'll even go as far to say that I feel IOL could be serviceable enough that I'd be ok with just taking a swing OT early in the draft and using the other early draft picks on DL.

Last year, offense only put up 25+ points just twice, and it was just the last two games of the season.
This year, they've achieved that mark 4 times, and I would expect they'll hit it at least a few more.

This year, they have allowed that to happen five times already with nine games remaining.

Offense has shown they can put up enough points to win games. They just need to keep the opposition from doing the same.

All true, these moves really help the interior OL. Get another OT and bring in some talented D-lineman in the Draft.

Need to get this D back on track. I really like Logan Wilson, think he will improve the LB core big time. Just need to have good
D-lineman to free up our young Linebackers. Thinking Wilson should start over Bynes who was missing a bunch of tackles out 
there Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Spain signs beyond this year, I'll even go as far to say that I feel IOL could be serviceable enough that I'd be ok with just taking a swing OT early in the draft and using the other early draft picks on DL.

One concern remains, Burrow getting hit too often. Offense won’t score much without him.

I wonder what the staff has planned after the bye week. Spain and XSF should be available, would either of them start over Jordan? I would prefer he go to the bench to develop from there and compete for a starting spot next year, but there’s the possibility that stunts his growth. For this current season though, just for Borrow’s sake, I think if everybody is healthy the best line going forward is Williams - Spain/XSF - Hopkins - Spain/XSF - Hart.
Reply/Quote
0 sacks allowed by this guy in Buffalo last year. Rotoworld says he was always a "replacement level" player in Tennessee, but that would be a massive upgrade for us. Hopefully it's a multi-year deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, Spain is a very good pass protector. Want him here for years protecting Burrow.

It'll most likely be a 1 year deal. Maybe they'll surprise us with a 2 year deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: One concern remains, Burrow getting hit too often. Offense won’t score much without him.

I wonder what the staff has planned after the bye week. Spain and XSF should be available, would either of them start over Jordan? I would prefer he go to the bench to develop from there and compete for a starting spot next year, but there’s the possibility that stunts his growth. For this current season though, just for Borrow’s sake, I think if everybody is healthy the best line going forward is Williams - Spain/XSF - Hopkins - Spain/XSF - Hart.

Jordan had his best game of the year against the Browns. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't sign him for anything more than this year and let's see how it plays out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: One concern remains, Burrow getting hit too often. Offense won’t score much without him.

Zac said they would evaluate XSF after the bye. He hasn’t even started working out on the rehab field yet so I wouldn’t count on him for at least a couple of weeks post bye

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 0 sacks allowed by this guy in Buffalo last year. Rotoworld says he was always a "replacement level" player in Tennessee, but that would be a massive upgrade for us. Hopefully it's a multi-year deal.

Cry

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't sign him for anything more than this year and let's see how it plays out. 

Same here.  Right now they are quantity over quality at the three inside offensive line positions.  They need at least one above average guy in one of those three spots.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't sign him for anything more than this year and let's see how it plays out. 

I know. That’s why I said it could stunt his growth because there has been improvement recently. But my question is, is it good enough to protect the future of the franchise or would it be better to have a veteran in there for the rest of season because Jordan has only had one really good game, the Browns.
Reply/Quote

Noooooo, Hopkins IS good.  Cry
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 08:06 AM)pally Wrote: Zac said they would evaluate XSF after the bye. He hasn’t even started working out on the rehab field yet so I wouldn’t count on him for at least a couple of weeks post bye

"The plan is to get to the bye and then observe where we're at," Taylor said. "I don't want to make any predictions that he's ready after the bye, but I think it's gonna be around that time frame."

Sounds like he has a chance to be ready after the bye. He’s been out of the walking boot for a couple of weeks too, so he has to be close.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 0 sacks allowed by this guy in Buffalo last year. Rotoworld says he was always a "replacement level" player in Tennessee, but that would be a massive upgrade for us. Hopefully it's a multi-year deal.

Here's all I could find on Spain, as I'm not a PFF subscriber

2015  63.2  1 penalty  2 sacks
2016  84.2  7 penalties  2 sacks
2017  63.5  5 penalties  4 sacks
2018  67.7  6 penalties  1 sack
2019  55.4  4 penalties  0 sacks
2020  60.6  1 penalty  0 sacks

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hopefully these two additions will work and our interior will be ok heading into the season. Hopefully Johnson proves best at tackle and Adeniji shines proving good depth and a replacement for Hart (who we still have for another year).

Maybe freeing us up to go defense early, and often this next draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:31 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I know. That’s why I said it could stunt his growth because there has been improvement recently. But my question is, is it good enough to protect the future of the franchise or would it be better to have a veteran in there for the rest of season because Jordan has only had one really good game, the Browns.

Well, right now i'm cool with Jordan in there getting experience and, up to this point, not getting JB killed. It would be nice if this past week was a stepping stone to more just like it and he can turn into a really good G. Remains to be seen.

There was a lot of poopoo about X earlier this year and he played well in the opener. I'm cool rolling with him when he gets back. 

Then we will see how it goes in FA and the draft but if i'm the team, i'm giving MJ every chance to lock down that spot and become a good player. 

The other two guys are just backups right now in case more injures are waiting on the horizon. 

Reply/Quote