Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
R.I.P. Team Sewell
(09-12-2021, 11:32 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Let it go. The lions actually have a problem on their hands that we also would have. Sewell isn't as good at rt tackle and they just gave a huge extension to decker at Lt and the job is his when he gets back. We picked Jonah high to play Lt and he likely doesn't want to play rt and make less money. 

Except we haven't extended Jonah Williams, nor would he demand as much money as Decker because Decker isn't made of glass.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ja’marr’s success leads to Bengals success…. Sorry we would rather cheer on a guy on our team than a tackle who has no bearing on our success.

I said he was great today, but with how our defense played, the bengals should’ve crushed Minnesota today. But they didn’t. The offense was choppy

The offensive trenches are still a concern
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You’re literally talking about a 4 win team last year. Should we cry and moan and be miserable like you? Are you the model fan? Because if you are, 99% of people are doing it wrong.

A 4-win team with injuries with many key injuries in their defense, many of which made their return today.
Reply/Quote
How about we take a break from the Chase vs Sewell debate since both rookies actually showed that they can play in the league and will have good careers and be happy we dodged the bullet of drafting Kyle Pitts who was the only skill position player drafted in the top 15 to not score a TD today while only getting 4 catches on 8 targets for 31 yards. What a bust. Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:40 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Except we haven't extended Jonah Williams, nor would he demand as much money as Decker because Decker isn't made of glass.

Yeah, he's not eligyfor extension yet. We will. Otherwise that was a waste of a high pick 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: My whole stance is just having reiff at guard with one of the 1st round rookies at right tackle makes not only the run game better, but also lowers the chance of our qb getting hurt again.

That’s my stance. Now I’m going to drop it

But I will absolutely call people out for being more jamarr fans than bengals fans. Because there are plenty of those here right now

Sewell is not as good at rt and we don't know if Jonah is either. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:51 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Sewell is not as good at rt and we don't know if Jonah is either. 

Did I specifically say his name?

I was all for the northwestern kid too

Hell, if the bengals traded far enough back in the draft, I would’ve been cool with a guard

I knew chase was gonna be a great player, I just think the bengals didn’t need a 1st round receiver. Just some guy who’s better than Auden Tate lol
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Did I specifically say his name?

I was all for the northwestern kid too

Hell, if the bengals traded far enough back in the draft, I would’ve been cool with a guard

I knew chase was gonna be a great player, I just think the bengals didn’t need a 1st round receiver. Just some guy who’s better than Auden Tate lol

Oh that's right this is the RIP Team Slater thread. My bad 
Reply/Quote
You look around the league and there are some teams flying out of the gate. The Browns chiefs game jumps out because it was explosive. Every QB is getting hit and sacked, but not as often as Joe did today. That’s still scary. I don’t think tgey did enough to address the line still, but it was still improved from last year.

The D played really well most of the game. The BJ Hill trade is looking really good right now.

But I felt that Chase was going to be fine. Shook off the Cobb Webb’s today and set a franchise record. You knew Sewell was going to be ok too, but there’s a big problem in Detroit if Sewell proves to be a better LT that RT. Unless they get a block buster trade for Decker.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:11 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: You look around the league and there are some teams flying out of the gate. The Browns chiefs game jumps out because it was explosive. Every QB is getting hit and sacked, but not as often as Joe did today. That’s still scary. I don’t think tgey did enough to address the line still, but it was still improved from last year.

The D played really well most of the game. The  BJ Hill trade is looking really good right now.

But I felt that Chase was going to be fine. Shook off the Cobb Webb’s today and set a franchise record. You knew Sewell was going to be ok too, but there’s a big problem in Detroit if Sewell proves to be a better LT that RT. Unless they get a block buster trade for Decker.

Probably will be able to pull that off, especially since Chicago lost two LTs in one game. Quality OL guys will always have trade value, think about how much the Dolphins got for Laremy Tunsil. Only issue would be if Decker has a crazy cap number.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: I still regret the hire of Zac Taylor. It should've never been so close in the second half. Talent won't be able to overcome coaching all year long though.

Oh... And it turns out Ja'Marr Chase's hands still work.

what was it 5 sacks on our QB?

Chase was good...  Healthy QB all season is better.

FTR  not anti chase or pro sewell...     But our 2nd round OG/OT didnt play at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what was it 5 sacks on our QB?

Chase was good...  Healthy QB all season is better.

FTR  not anti chase or pro sewell...     But our 2nd round OG/OT didnt play at all.

The only OL that gave up sacks was Trey.  The rest were on RB's, TE's, and assignment errors.  

If anything, Sewell's performance today should give Carman a pass.  Sewell was terrible when moved from LT to RT, but looked good yesterday at his natural spot.  Carman is not only playing a different side but also a different position.  A lot of people think you can just shuffle guys around at will, but a lot of players experience huge dropoffs in play if they do.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:51 AM)Whatever Wrote: The only OL that gave up sacks was Trey.  The rest were on RB's, TE's, and assignment errors.  

If anything, Sewell's performance today should give Carman a pass.  Sewell was terrible when moved from LT to RT, but looked good yesterday at his natural spot.  Carman is not only playing a different side but also a different position.  A lot of people think you can just shuffle guys around at will, but a lot of players experience huge dropoffs in play if they do.  

No but im not for wasting 1st and 2nd round picks on players who arent ready to play.
Reply/Quote