Poll: Where's The Edge
1-5
6-10
11-17
18-24
25-32
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANK OUR EDGE (2024)
We move back to the Defensive Side of the ball and focus on our Edge D. Last year we had the boyz 6-10. A secondary question was asked in the poll and it was who would have better number Ossai or Murphy. Ossai won the poll, as for the answer:

OSSAI: 1 PD/ 1 SACK/ 10 TACKLES
MURPHY: 3 SACKS/ 20 TACKLES

So where do we rank the Edge group of Trey/ Sam/ Joe/ Myles? As always the competition:

ARZ: ZAVEN COLLINS/ BJ OJULARI/ DARIUS ROBINSON/ XAVIER THOMAS
ATL: ARNOLD EBIKETIE/ LORENZO CARTER/ BRADLEE ANAE/ DEANGELO MALONE
BAL: ODAFE OWEH/ ADISA ISSAC/ KYLE VAN NOY/ DAVID OJABO
BUF: GREG ROUSSEAU/ AJ EPENESA/ VON MILLER/ DUWAUNE SMOOT
CAR: DJ WONNUM/ JADAVEON CLOWNEY/ EKU LEOTA/ KLAVON CHAISSON
CHI: DEMARCUS WALKER/ MONTEZ SWEAT/ KHALID KAREEM/ AUSTIN BOOKER
CLV: ZADARIUS SMITH/ MYLES GARETT/ OGBO OKORONKWO/ ALEX WRIGHT
DAL: DEMARCUS LAWRENCE/ MICAH PARSONS/ SAM WILLIAMS/ MARSHAWN KNEELAND
DEN: JONATHAN COOPER/ BARON BROWNING/ NIK BONITO/ JONAK ELLISS
DET: AIDAN HUCHINSON/ MARCUS DAVENPORT/ MICHEL AGUDE/ JOHN COMINSKY
GBP: PRESTON SMITH/ RASHAWN GARY/ LUKAS VAN NESS/ KINGSLEY ENAGBARE
HOU: WILL ANDERSON/ DANIELLE HUNTER/ DEREK BARNETT/ DYLAN HORTON
IND: KWITY PAYE/ LAITATU LATU/ SAMSON EBUKAM/ DAYO ODEYINGBO
JAX: JOSH ALLEN/ TRAVON WALKER/ YASIR ABDULLAH/ TREVIS GIPSON
KCC: GEORGE KARLAFTIS/ MIKE DANNA/ MALIK HERRING/ CHARLES OMENIHU
LAC: JOEY BOSA/ KHALIL MACK/ TULI TUIPULTU/ BED DUPREE
LAR: BYRON YOUNG/ JARED VERSE/ BRENNAN JACKSON/ MICHAEL HOECHT
LVR: MAXX CROSBY/ MALCOLM KOONCE/ JANARIUS ROBINSON/ ELERSON SMITH
MIA: JAELEN PHILLIPS/ BRADLEY CHUBB/ SHAQ BENNETT/ CHOP ROBINSON
MIN: JONATHAN GREENARD/ ANDREW VAN GINKEL/ DALLAS TURNER/ ANDRE CARTER
NEP: MATT JUDON/ JOSH UCHE/ ANFERNEE JENNINGS/ OSHANE XIMINES
NOS: CAM JORDAN/ CARL GRANDERSON/ CHASE YOUNG/ TANOH KPASSAGNON
NYG: BRIAN BURNS/ KAYVON THIBODEAUX/ BOOGIE BASHAM/ AZEEZ OJUIARI
NYJ: JERMAINE JOHNSON/ HASSON REDDICK/ MICHAEL CLEMONS/ WILL MCDONALD
PHI: BRYCE HUFF/ JOSH SWEAT/ NOLAN SMITH/ ZACK BAUN
PIT: TJ WATT/ ALEX HIGHSMITH/ PAYTON WILSON/ JEREMIAH MOON
SEA: BOYE MAFE/UCHENNA NWOSU/ DERICK HALL/ DARRELL TAYLOR
SFF: LEONARD FLOYD/ NICK BOSA/ DRAKE JACKSON/ YETUR GROSSMATOS
TBB: YAYA DIABY/ JOE TYRON/ CHRIS BASEWELL/ RANDY GREGORY
TEN: HAROLD LANDRY/ ARDEN KEY/ RASHAD WEAVER/ CALEB MURPHY
WAS: DANTE FOWLER/ DORANCE ARMSTRONG/ CLEIN FERRELL/ ANDRE JONES

TOP FA’s: CARL LAWSON/ YANNICK NGAKOUE/ FRANK CLARK/ RASHEEM GREEN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bottom 5 until proven otherwise. especially from a pass rush perspective

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Hubbard was hurt last year and Trey is only a pass rusher. Murphy showed some great things late in the season, Ossai actually had a
great game in the last game against the Stains. Voted 6-10 if Hubbard can stay healthy and Murphy keeps growing as a player, MM has
a very high celing. Ossai also needs to stay healthy and get out of his head, but I like our Ends, Trey was the 2nd best pass rusher in
the NFL last year.

No way we are bottom 5 like Frank says lol
Reply/Quote
ABSOLUTELY not bottom 5, that's a joke.

I did 11-17, with a chance to go 6-10 as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
6 to 10, past three years, Trey ranks 3rd in total sacks, Hubbard ranks 20th , helps to keep them in top 10, backups almost put them in 11 to 15.
Reply/Quote
Too many unknowns. Ossai seems broken after the afc title game. Murphy is unproven and unknown. Trey will be good for 14 sacks but poor run defense. Hubbard is a 6 sacks guy with good run defense

Until Murphy starts playing like a stud, this is a bottom 5 defensive end unit

Reply/Quote
Too many unknowns, and too much of a one man show.

That said, I went 11-17 because I think the offense will put the defense in a position to pass rush more.

Not saying they will be better, but more opportunities, plus a healthy Hubbard, equals better pass rush stats/appearance.
Reply/Quote
Last season Hubbard had to play hurt and Murphy was a raw rookie in a rookie year - you could see later in the year he was starting to settle in. Trey is Trey and the issue last year was no complimentary rush from inside.
Reply/Quote
If Hubbard is Hubbard then top 10; I also think that the backup three of Ossai, Sample, and Murphy could do damage.

Behind WR and QB it's our best position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 05:32 PM)J24 Wrote: If Hubbard is Hubbard then top 10; I also think that the backup three of Ossai, Sample, and Murphy could do damage.

Behind WR and QB it's our best position.

I think it's quite possible that Cedric Johnson jumps one or 2 of them. I get beast is an over-used term but check his measurables. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 04:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Too many unknowns. Ossai seems broken after the afc title game. Murphy is unproven and unknown. Trey will be good for 14 sacks but poor run defense. Hubbard is a 6 sacks guy with good run defense

Until Murphy starts playing like a stud, this is a bottom 5 defensive end unit

Ossai gained confidence in that last game against the Stains as I noted. Murphy was playing better than any first round End by the end of the year
as well and we all knew he was really raw and needed to develop moves. Murphy is a good run stopper already and he shown he is really smart and
has put in a ton of work in the Offseason and looks like he is going to breakout. There is a reason Murphy was expected to go way ahead of where 
we took him, team Captain, crazy strong, great athleticism...

Hubbard was hurt like I said, if he can stay healthy he will be much better this year and could have his best season ever as a pass rusher.

All teams have unknowns, you don't forget the rest.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ossai gained confidence in that last game against the Stains as I noted. Murphy was playing better than any first round End by the end of the year
as well and we all knew he was really raw and needed to develop moves. Murphy is a good run stopper already and he shown he is really smart and
has put in a ton of work in the Offseason and looks like he is going to breakout. There is a reason Murphy was expected to go way ahead of where 
we took him, team Captain, crazy strong, great athleticism...

Hubbard was hurt like I said, if he can stay healthy he will be much better this year and could have his best season ever as a pass rusher.

All teams have unknowns, you don't forget the rest.

this is just homer talk. It’s not about “what ifs” and “potential”

There’s Hendrickson, Hubbard(a run stopper), Ossai(LOL), and Murphy(complete unknown)

Only a bengals fanatic who only knows about the bengals would rate those 4 anywhere better than 25th

Reply/Quote
I voted 11-17, middle of the pack, I think we're solid. But I wouldn't be shocked to see us crack top 10.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 07:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this is just homer talk. It’s not about “what ifs” and “potential”

There’s Hendrickson, Hubbard(a run stopper), Ossai(LOL), and Murphy(complete unknown)

Only a bengals fanatic who only knows about the bengals would rate those 4 anywhere better than 25th

Trey is a top 10 Edge Rusher and Hubbard is one of the best all around Edges in the NFL. They play well together and have had playoff success together. They are not that many duos better than these two. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 07:56 PM)J24 Wrote: Trey is a top 10 Edge Rusher and Hubbard is one of the best all around Edges in the NFL. They play well together and have had playoff success together. They are not that many duos better than these two. 

Hubbard is a good run stopper. He's whatever at pass rushing. There's plenty of "all around" d-ends I'd take over him. Plenty.

and we're not talking about duos. We're talking about the edge room. Which is also including Ossai and Murphy. If it's just duos, Hubbard and Hendrickson are like 15-18th. But Ossai has proved nothing going into his 4th year, and Murphy is only in his second year.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 07:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this is just homer talk. It’s not about “what ifs” and “potential”

This is just the worst Frank Booth talk. No counter arguments, call Nate a homer lol

I am disappointed in you. Hendrickson had 17.5 Sacks last year and tons of pressures, arguably the best pass rusher in the league over the
last few years. Hubbard is a great run stopping Edge and if he wasn't hurt should of had his best season last year as a pass rusher, this dude 
works his ass off and will be better this year if he stays healthy. Ossai has shown glimpses of being a great pass rusher until the AFC game 
and yeah, he let it get into his head along with injuries.

Murphy is not a complete unknown now, we saw what he did late last season and it was impressive in case you didn't see it.

Only a non-Bengal fan that doesn't know shit from shinola would argue with all these facts and call the Bengals Ends bottom 5.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's quite possible that Cedric Johnson jumps one or 2 of them. I get beast is an over-used term but check his measurables. 

Can someone show Cedric's RAS scores again?

I also liked what I saw of Jeff Gunter in preseason last year, just like Raymond Johnson III more....

Too bad he got scooped up off our PS last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 08:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is just the worst Frank Booth talk. No counter arguments, call Nate a homer lol

I am disappointed in you. Hendrickson had 17.5 Sacks last year and tons of pressures, arguably the best pass rusher in the league over the
last few years. Hubbard is a great run stopping Edge and if he wasn't hurt should of had his best season last year as a pass rusher, this dude 
works his ass off and will be better this year if he stays healthy. Ossai has shown glimpses of being a great pass rusher until the AFC game 
and yeah, he let it get into his head along with injuries.

Murphy is not a complete unknown now, we saw what he did late last season and it was impressive in case you didn't see it.

Only a non-Bengal fan that doesn't know shit from shinola would argue with all these facts and call the Bengals Ends bottom 5.

what? I said Murphy is an unknown, and Ossai has only flashed a handful of times in 4 years. These are both TRUE.  Im sorry if Ossai and Murphy arent enough for me to put them in the top half of the league. In my other post, I said Hendrickson and Hubbard are 15-18th best duo in the league. I dont think that's pessimistic take

Reply/Quote

If Hubbard is a run stopper why is 20th in sacks over past 3 yreas.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 08:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If Hubbard is a run stopper why is 20th in sacks over past 3 yreas.

A lot of people forget that Hubbard isn't always counted on to rush the passer. He drops into coverage and spies a lot depending on opponents.
Reply/Quote