Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS MAY GAMES THREAD
Bottom of the lineup gives you 1st and 3rd with no outs and arguably should have been bases loaded and no outs if Blandino didn't get screwed on a strike 3 which easily could have been ball 4 against Kimbrel and can't score. Have to tie it up at the very least. No excuse not too.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Baez should be suspended multiple games. This is right up there with the Astros coach that got 20 games i think it was for initiating the fight with the A's. Now this wasn't a full on fight so i wouldn't expect 20 games but jumping the railing and challenging another player is really bad. If they can suspend Castellanos for doing very little they should throw the book at Baez pretty hard.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Baez should be suspended multiple games. This is right up there with the Astros coach that got 20 games i think it was for initiating the fight with the A's. Now this wasn't a full on fight so i wouldn't expect 20 games but jumping the railing and challenging another player is really bad. If they can suspend Castellanos for doing very little they should throw the book at Baez pretty hard.

Yeah he certainly needs more of a suspension then Castellanos got. What blows my mind is why wasn't he tossed??

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
NFL DRAFT OVER....I see Reds are playing Sunday to Win the Cubs Series. That's a big series. Go Reds. Also beating Dodgers and Cubs in a row gets Reds back on the right track. Today would be a huge win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Start of 9th inning Sunday. 12 to 12....This is a Cubs at Reds game....As many Cub Fans in stands as Reds Fans, like a Steelers at Bengals game. The series on the line. Cubs keep coming back. I've been to Cubs at Reds games back in Big Red Machine days. The Cubs coming back again and again and their Cub Fans making it sound like Wrigley Field get on your last nerves. It makes a Reds Fan want the win even more.

And Extra Innings....as many Cubs at Reds games....and Cubs Fans will get on Reds Fans nerves even more....Reds Fans really want this win.

REDS WIN in 10 innings....Castellanos gets RBI of Kimbrel. 13 to 12 Win.

REDS WIN CUBS SERIES...AFTER WINNING DODGERS SERIES. ....GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
There was a time watching Baseball on Sunday afternoon was relaxing...Freakout
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 07:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There was a time watching Baseball on Sunday afternoon was relaxing...Freakout

Reds Baseball and relaxing??? What...?????

Never...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This team is so much fun to watch. Just wish their bullpen was better lol
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 09:52 AM)Trademark Wrote: This team is so much fun to watch. Just wish their bullpen was better lol

We have to talk about your definition of fun.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping this last game was the start of Suarez's turn around. We need it !
Reply/Quote
It's not impossible for Reds fans to all drive to Chicaga to sit there booing the Cubs..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So last year I paid the few bucks to watch MiLB  online and forgot about the subscription renewing the following season.. I just got billed so I guess I'll watch the Reds minor leagues when I have the time.. I'm not paying for MLB.tv
 again..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's been 3 days since the bench clearing incident with the Cubs and i've seen nor heard anything about any possible suspension for Baez. It would be a complete joke if they didn't hand down one to him. It would be like MLB saying it's not ok to flex over the other teams pitcher but there's nothing wrong hopping over your dugout railing, saying and signaling him to fight, and lastly flipping him off in plain sight.
Reply/Quote
Reds need to win Wednesday to avoid White Sox Sweep. Also Sonny Gray on the mound and he needs to show at some point that he is back from another injury. I have him on several Fantasy Teams, but I have him riding the bench until he puts up some good starts. Most of these Leagues limit you to 12 starts a week, and I can't take starts away from my pitchers doing better. Yet it is way too early to drop Gray. When he is healthy, he is great.

So a comeback quality game by Sonny Gray would help on a day Reds trying to avoid being swept.

Reds ran into a buzz saw tonight in Dylan Cease who has been Red Hot and stayed that way against Reds shutting them out.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well, Sonny Gray did his job going deep pitching a shutout.

Now it is the 9th inning and still zero to zero. Reds bats need to do something to avoid White Sox Sweep. Reds bats have no runs against White Sox in 17 innings of this series.

And now Extra Innings, free runner on second.

Just noticed Reds facing Tony LaRussa of Cardinals and farther back Athletics vs Reds in 1990 World Series. 2014 Hall of Fame. He's been around awhile.

WINKER knocks in winning run. REDS WIN 1 to 0 in 10th....Reds get a Tie Series with White Sox, avoid the sweep....GO REDS

So Reds beat Dodgers, Cubs, Tied White Sox, playing good ball now.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Votto fractured his thumb when he was hit by a pitch in the 4th. Likely out a month.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/joey-votto-suffers-fractured-thumb.html
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 05:48 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Votto fractured his thumb when he was hit by a pitch in the 4th. Likely out a month.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/joey-votto-suffers-fractured-thumb.html

Figures

He's finally showing signs of getting over whatever has plagued him the last couple seasons and he goes down.
Reply/Quote
WADE MILEY.....NO HITTER

Reds win 3-0 in Cleveland

0-0 going into the 9th. So glad the Reds bats woke up.

Miley had a perfect game going into the 6th. He had to sit through a long 9th inning wait on the bench. He kept moving his pitching arm so it didn't go stiff on the bench.

Reds first No Hitter since 2013

9 innings you almost never see anymore. Add to it an almost never seen No Hitter.

114 pitches...8 K's.....1 walk....O runs....O hits.

So glad Senzel, Winker, Castellanos at bat in 9th so they didn't blow this. Miley as normal working fast. Many ground outs. HIS NIGHT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Nice start to a 17 games in 17 days stretch that also leads into a 30 games in 31 days. Well done by Miley and welcome back Akiyama. Miley started the day with a 2.67 ERA and finished with a 2.00 ERA. I wonder how they'll look in 31 days.

Stats before game 1 of 17 on May 7th
Batting Average
01) .359 Winker
02) .340 Stephenson
03) .324 Castellanos
04) .313 Barnhardt
05) .260 Naquin
06) .250 Blandino
07) .247 Senzel
08) .222 India
09) .219 Moustakas
10) .173 Farmer
11) .140 Suarez
12) .000 Akiyama

ERA
1) 2.67 Miley
2) 3.23 Mahle
3) 3.92 Gray
4) 4.39 Hoffman
5) 6.07 Castillo
Relievers
1) 0.00 Hembree
1) 0.00 Hendrix
3) 2.60 Antone
4) 3.97 Doolittle
5) 4.24 Fulmer
6) 6.23 Romano
7) 6.55 Sims
8) 8.31 Perez
9) 10.38 Garrett
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
SWEET ! Miley with a- no no

Now if Castillo, Gray, and Garrett can just get it together.
Reply/Quote