Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS SEPTEMBER GAME THREAD
This is a legendary collapse. It's almost laughable.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:35 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This is a legendary collapse. It's almost laughable.

Legendary? You act like they had a 10 game lead at one point. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:35 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This is a legendary collapse. It's almost laughable.

not sure you're using Legendary right lol 

This is about as expected.
Reply/Quote
The reds have hit rock bottom, their toast. When you build a team that has to hit the homer to score, you get what you get. This team couldn’t manufacture a run if their life depended on it. They refuse to hit to the open side of the field, can’t bunt runner over, can’t steal a base, and without the home run, they need 3 base hits to score a run. Too many guys, batting on the interstate, or can’t hit their weight. Give me a team of fast base runners who can hit .250, and I like my chances better than this team. Bell needs to go,
His pitching management is terrible. Pull a guy that got you 3 outs, to start next inning with another pitcher. Never seemed to work out.
Reply/Quote
What a night for Votto.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not sure you're using Legendary right lol 

That is the 100% correct "drama queen" usage.
Reply/Quote
Stick a fork in them.

Reply/Quote
So after this collapse, the Reds gave David Bell a two year extension...

I just... I...

**** this town is cursed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So after this collapse, the Reds gave David Bell a two year extension...

I just... I...

Too bad you aren’t a fan of the best team in town. Tongue

[Image: IMG_6602.jpg]

But yeah, I don’t get this one at all.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Too bad you aren’t a fan of the best team in town. Tongue

[Image: IMG_6602.jpg]

But yeah, I don’t get this one at all.

I got love for the Cats, graduated from U.C.

Just became a Clemson fan as a kid for some weird reason.

But on the Bell front, I don't know how you can extend a guy who just managed a horrible end of season collapse to miss the playoffs by losing 8 straight series and most of them to terrible teams like the Pirates and Marlins. I can't imagine how you sell this to a fanbase.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So after this collapse, the Reds gave David Bell a two year extension...

I just... I...

wait a minute.....

That cant be right.
Reply/Quote
Say What
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wait a minute.....

That cant be right.

It is.

Reports: Cincinnati Reds sign David Bell to two-year extension (daytondailynews.com)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is the 100% correct "drama queen" usage.

Oh, I forgot. You need attention.

There I responded. Now go hide again.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 03:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I got love for the Cats, graduated from U.C.

Just became a Clemson fan as a kid for some weird reason.

But on the Bell front, I don't know how you can extend a guy who just managed a horrible end of season collapse to miss the playoffs by losing 8 straight series and most of them to terrible teams like the Pirates and Marlins. I can't imagine how you sell this to a fanbase.

When Cardinal Bob bought the team, he had a Wendy’s lunch with Mike Brown and took notes on his book “Nepotism and You, A Guide to Screwing Your Fanbase While Raking in Money”.
It took longer than planned but here we are. All hail Bob C. The St. Louis Sleeper Cell!
Reply/Quote
I've been into Football

Lets see. Reds and Padres and Phillies are all bunched together. OH WAIT, Cardinals are walking away with the last Play-Off Spot. Since they are 10-0 and Reds are 3-7 lately, I would say the hottest team is going. Plus Cardinals pitch Flaherty Friday. If he can come back and pitch, Cardinals get even better.

I'm now wondering if Reds win 81 games. Can they win 82 and finish above .500 because many Reds teams in their history didn't.

I'm ready for Play-Offs. Actually I'm ready for season to end because I'm sick of setting daily line-ups in Fantasy Baseball consolation games. I have one team in Championship, so that is different. I am glad CBS has no consolation games. ESPN is just awful because they have consolations games, and they go 2 weeks in 2 sets, so 4 weeks of consolation games. Which begs the question why does ESPN just not go 2 weeks longer in season and have play-offs 1 week for both play-off weeks. A month of boring consolation games, such a waste of time. So end this season and bring on the Play-Off Season.

I doubt I will watch another Reds game this season. Stick a fork in them, they are done. There is a Bengals vs Steelers Game that I will watch Sunday.

If Scherzer and Kershaw are pitching well, the Dodgers will be a tough team to beat. I've heard The Yankees will miss the play-offs, so I love that the Reds will be no worse than The Mega Bucks Yankees on missing the play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Even if they liked what Bell was doing with the hot finish last year and the winning record this year I can't believe the timing of announcing this.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if they liked what Bell was doing with the hot finish last year and the winning record this year I can't believe the timing of announcing this.

Yup, literally couldn't pick a worse time to announce they are keeping him around.

Reply/Quote
Hey the Reds remembered how to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 01:00 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Hey the Reds remembered how to win.

Tried their best to blow it though.

Reply/Quote