Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: Burfict should be activated Saturday - Play Sunday
(10-30-2015, 02:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Lewis says, his first and foremost concern is Burfict's career, not the season.

(Can't wait to see how this plays out in here.  I guess if there are any 'spitting on the bus' Cincinnati fans, that Dunlap described and confirmed that reside in Pittsburgh, they will see this a little different.)

'spitting on the bus' Cinci fans?

He was referring to the terrible Steeler fans, like you.

Can someone please ban this moron?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 02:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 'spitting on the bus' Cinci fans?

He was referring to the terrible Steeler fans, like you.

Can someone please ban this moron?

Not me. Its a schtick! You havent figured that out yet? Of course he was referring to Steeler fans, but he also said it happened all the time in the SEC.

II would hopetheir are no Bengal fans doing this, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why people would want him to "just rest up". Hasn't he been "resting up" for a year?
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's Back...

[Image: c06b74fe107c792a331d93acfc4d8976.jpg]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 12:53 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet  1h1 hour ago
Vontaze Burfict tells @pauldehnerjr & @GeoffHobsonCin he’s had no setbacks. I’m told there’s a good chance he plays. Would be activated Sat.

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL  26m26 minutes ago
Vontaze Burfict has a good chance of playing Sunday for Bengals http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000568853/article/vontaze-burfict-has-good-chance-of-playing-sunday?campaign=Twitter_atn

According to NFL.coms Ian Rapport Bufict got a good chance to play sunday.

He should be activated Tomorrow which is Saturday.

According to the Article though, he's a game time decision.

Wow.  That would be awesome.  I wonder how many snaps he'll get if he plays.
Reply/Quote
Well he may not be. Marvins comments are interesting. A "frustrated" Marvin is done talking about Burfict and his timeline for his return. Gulp. Hopefully no set backs.

Marvin Lewis said Sept. 5 he hoped Burfict would be 100% after six weeks: "That's why I'm never going to tell you all anything anymore ...

"... Because I can't change the body. I can't change healing. I have nothing to do with that."
--Marvin Lewis #Bengals

Marvin has shot down all the buzz about a Burfict return, and seems extra sensitive.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Lewis said today he wants 100 percent agreement throughout the organization that Burfict is ready.

I'm dying to see him on the field, too, but I think that's a good policy. If there's 100 percent agreement, then OK.

And yes, limit those snaps.

But what a morale boost for the team!
Reply/Quote
Nitpicking here:

"I’m told there’s a good chance he plays. Would be activated Sat."

I've seen headlines, including on this thread that says "should be."

Not quite the same. This is why athletes hate us :-) Rap's tweet says "good chance" he plays and notes that he would be activated Saturday, which is the deadline for such roster moves.

This isn't the only place that I've seen this sort of turned around ... just interesting from my perspective. We are careful how we word things, so it's interesting to see it evolve in a way.

Y'all will know what's up for sure tomorrow afternoon.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
It would be a huge lift for this team just having him dressed on the sidelines ! Even if he only has 12 - 15 snaps or something.
Reply/Quote
Having him dressed would be a great morale booster for the team. Just the quick little videos of his teammates greeting back at practice shows us how much he means to our team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVkPHXPcV1U

gets me pumped
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 02:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not me. Its a schtick! You havent figured that out yet? Of course he was referring to Steeler fans, but he also said it happened all the time in the SEC.

II would hopetheir are no Bengal fans doing this, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were.

Doesn't change my opinion of you

UndercoverSteelerguy71
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_lye9romrtM1qgw6m3o1_500.gif]

Yes :hail: Cheers Wasted

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just having him out there sniffing out misdirection plays and getting the front seven correctly set would do wonders, even if he was mobility limited at first.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 03:38 PM)jowczarski Wrote: This isn't the only place that I've seen this sort of turned around ... just interesting from my perspective. We are careful how we word things, so it's interesting to see it evolve in a way.

Y'all will know what's up for sure tomorrow afternoon.

This is interesting and as I examine words, it appears Y'all (you) must have hooked up with the southern area of our culture maybe in Northern Kentucky.

But maybe not, maybe just messing with us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I hope he plays,but short of that I hope he plays the following week and short of that the week after that.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 02:05 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Where is the dude that kept coming into these Burfict threads spouting off about him not playing this year?

crickets.....
Gotta give me a minute....  I don't live here.

Damn, you act like I was rooting against him, or had money on him not being back.  I was just trying to temper enthusiasm because some seemed to not grasp the severity of micro fracture.  He still hasn't played, and we all saw how long it took for Geno to get back to a reasonable facsimile of himself after the ACL.  I hope he comes back, and is the guy from 2012- 2013, but there is no guarantee.  He still hasn't played a down, and may not still.  Seems to be the fastest recovery from that surgery that I have ever seen.  I hope he's ready.  I will gladly eat crow if he is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Great news. The LB group really really needed some improvement. Hope he still looks like 2013 Burfict, not 2014 Atkins.

I'd also prefer it if this season Burfict can keep his head up when he goes to make a tackle. (And away from Joe Flacco's groin, lol.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals.com...if anybody still uses it.....says after today's practice ( Friday ), Coach Lewis is still undecided and says a lot of things factor in, least of which is the Steelers...The coaches decision will come Saturday.

I agree that this should not be based at all on Steelers. They are the team 3 games back, not us. They can't even catch us without outside help. .....First would be Burfict's health and career, not the one game......Second would be winning the Super Bowl, which should be the goal at 6-0, and not rushing Burfict back but instead having him healthy going into the play-offs. .....Myself, I'ld like to see them do what they were talking about yesterday, having Burfict in practice until the Nov 16th game with Houston for the last 8 games plus play-offs.

Bengals.com shows no choice has been made, and says Coach Lewis is not going base this choice on Steelers game one bit, and he is correct. You bring Burfict back only when he is ready.  That said, maybe he is ready and we will see what Coach Lewis says Saturday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 06:11 PM)jason Wrote: Gotta give me a minute....  I don't live here.

Damn, you act like I was rooting against him, or had money on him not being back.  I was just trying to temper enthusiasm because some seemed to not grasp the severity of micro fracture.  He still hasn't played, and we all saw how long it took for Geno to get back to a reasonable facsimile of himself after the ACL.  I hope he comes back, and is the guy from 2012- 2013, but there is no guarantee.  He still hasn't played a down, and may not still.  Seems to be the fastest recovery from that surgery that I have ever seen.  I hope he's ready.  I will gladly eat crow if he is.

Glad you came back to respond, it says a lot about your character.

You are absolutely correct about micro fracture, it's still an unknown for the most part.  But don't underestimate the heart and will of the "individual".  From everything I've read Vontaze Burfict is a special dude, been through some challenging situations just to get to the NFL.  If as some say he is the ultimate competitor, you can't measure his desire and willingness to get back to be great again.  Athletes defy the norms all the time, just look at Adrian Peterson.

Like you I hope he's ready and shocks everyone with his recovery and ultimately puts the Bengals over the top.
Reply/Quote