Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: Burfict should be activated Saturday - Play Sunday
(10-30-2015, 04:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Doesn't change my opinion of you

UndercoverSteelerguy71

Well there goes another sleepless night!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 06:39 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals.com...if anybody still uses it.....says after today's practice ( Friday ), Coach Lewis is still undecided and says a lot of things factor in, least of which is the Steelers...The coaches decision will come Saturday.

I agree that this should not be based at all on Steelers. They are the team 3 games back, not us. They can't even catch us without outside help. .....First would be Burfict's health and career, not the one game......Second would be winning the Super Bowl, which should be the goal at 6-0, and not rushing Burfict back but instead having him healthy going into the play-offs. .....Myself, I'ld like to see them do what they were talking about yesterday, having Burfict in practice until the Nov 16th game with Houston for the last 8 games plus play-offs.

Bengals.com shows no choice has been made, and says Coach Lewis is not going base this choice on Steelers game one bit, and he is correct. You bring Burfict back only when he is ready.  That said, maybe he is ready and we will see what Coach Lewis says Saturday.

I keep hearing everyone caution "rushing him back".  Bottom line is he had this surgery 10 months ago.  If he's ready he's ready, 2 or 3 more weeks will not make a difference.  The only thing negative in rushing him back is him being able to gel with a group that has worked together since the preseason.  If as Paul Guenther says he's as smart as anyone I see no reason whatsoever not to give him the opportunity to get some snaps.  At a minimum it will juice up everyone else... and they will need it to stop Pitts run game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like this is a bad move.

In Marv we trust I guess.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Marv is just playing it close to the vest. This beast will be back on the field. Marv trusts him, Pauly trusts him, and unless there is any swelling ..... He will be out there.

Running the heart and soul of the defense out there will be quite the boost.
Reply/Quote
Heh - y'all has been a staple in my vocab for a long time. Even in Chicago and Milwaukee.

You're right - Marvin was a little frustrated with us for continuing to point it out that he expected this. From a medical perspective, if he's cleared - time will no longer help. He is at where he's at with the knee. Now it's just football conditioning.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
bengals gonna cream pittsburgh. steelers secondary nearly worst in da league. i see gio putting up over 100 to try and match bell, and bengals win by 14+.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If the doctor says he can play. No reason he doesn't play 20 snaps.

Now with vontaze coming back, it's time to get P.J. Dawson on the field.

Want to see these 2 guys on the field at the same time
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 07:45 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Glad you came back to respond, it says a lot about your character.

You are absolutely correct about micro fracture, it's still an unknown for the most part.  But don't underestimate the heart and will of the "individual".  From everything I've read Vontaze Burfict is a special dude, been through some challenging situations just to get to the NFL.  If as some say he is the ultimate competitor, you can't measure his desire and willingness to get back to be great again.  Athletes defy the norms all the time, just look at Adrian Peterson.

Like you I hope he's ready and shocks everyone with his recovery and ultimately puts the Bengals over the top.
I think it's in his favor that he's not some athletic freak.  He relies on instincts, brains, and meanness.  When I heard that he had that surgery I was bummed.  I knew of a bunch of NBA players who had it, and most were never the same.  Then I heard Revis had it.  He seemed to come back fine.  It just seems too soon for Burfict....  But you do have a point. AP was back from that ACL very quickly, and didn't seem to miss a beat.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 07:51 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I keep hearing everyone caution "rushing him back".  Bottom line is he had this surgery 10 months ago.  If he's ready he's ready, 2 or 3 more weeks will not make a difference.  The only thing negative in rushing him back is him being able to gel with a group that has worked together since the preseason.  If as Paul Guenther says he's as smart as anyone I see no reason whatsoever not to give him the opportunity to get some snaps.  At a minimum it will juice up everyone else... and they will need it to stop Pitts run game.

Pittsburg is a non factor, per Coach Lewis......and I hope he means it because they should only bring him back, when he is ready to come back. ......His health and the team and such are the real factors and you are bringing him back for the long term.....The Pittsburg game should not enter into the decision to bring him back. I agree with Coach Lewis on this. ......If Coach Lewis activates him today, it's because it is time. If he holds him back until the Houston game and has Burfict take 15 days of practices, that works also. Whatever The Coach decides, but the Steelers game should be a non factor in the choice. .......Those saying, well if the doctors clear him to play, those people are forgetting he may need a few more practices to get to where the coaches want him to be. The guy hasn't played in over a year and may need some practice reps before he is game ready.  They also want to teach him to quit frigging tackling with his head and head butting, it causes him concussions and causes the team huge penalties. No reason he can't tackle the right way.  I would like to see Burfict show all the teams that didn't draft him that they were wrong and he isn't stupid and he can be coached. He needs to make changes in his game, and it will start with listening to the coaches. .....Stopping the Steelers run is the last reason you activate him today, and Coach Lewis says Steelers will not influence his decision today.  

If they bring Burfict back BEFORE he is ready, and he gets injured, and we don't have him for a run at the Super Bowl with the team 6-0....THAT would be the worst thing they could do. ....The darn Steelers are 3 games behind us in the loss column, they can't even catch us without help from other teams. ....The Steelers need to bring Big Ben back because their season is sucking air, but the Bengals are 6-0 and there is no hurry on Burfict. ....I DO want Burfict back, and healthy and playing smarter, he is a Pro Bowl player and who can't use a Pro Bowl linebacker. He can help us win that Super Bowl. We want him for that Super Bowl. We need him for that Super Bowl.  ...Burfict back for the last 8 games and the play-offs and the Super Bowl would be great, and tomorrows game I could care less, but yes I want Burfict back to help get to the Super Bowl.  You put a healthy Burfict behind Atkins and Dunlap and Company and that is one heck of a Front 7, Super Bowl Stuff. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/10/31/cincinnati-bengals-activate-vontaze-burfict-play-steelers/74928884/

He's officially back!!!! WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 12:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/10/31/cincinnati-bengals-activate-vontaze-burfict-play-steelers/74928884/

He's officially back!!!!  WHO DEY!

This is great news. I'm excited to see how he improves the D over the rest of the season. I think this is our year!
Reply/Quote
Yep he's back and Little is cut.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote