Poll: RG - James Daniels or Austin Corbett?
Daniels
Corbett
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG - Daniels or Corbett?
(02-21-2022, 11:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like both players but the edge goes to Daniels for me too cause of his versatility.

Think we can also lure Daniels from the Bears easier than Corbett from the Rams.

The Bears don't have much Cap room and are a long way from being a contender in my opinion.

Should of drafted James Daniels in the first place I was wrong at the time when I liked Ragnow over Price and Price
over Daniels doh....

Ragnow was 100% the best choice at Center.
The reason many of us (myself included) thought Price made more sense than Daniels is we thought it was going to be more of a power/gap scheme, and we wanted a Center who could push the pile vertically.
It's ok though, Bengals may be able to correct their mistake now if Daniels becomes available.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Didn't know he was changing careers from basketball to football  Shocked

Whoops.. But if he did, we'd have to give him a tryout at DE or TE.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
2 Guards, 2 Guard spot to fill...
[Image: why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 01:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2 Guards, 2 Guard spot to fill...
[Image: why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif]

Yes, that's a possibility, but if you could only get one, who would you pick?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, that's a possibility, but if you could only get one, who would you pick?

Corbett, I guess? Honestly 6 of one, half a dozen of another for me. Daniels is a couple years younger so you'd think more time to grow, but Corbett has that SB experience already. I also appreciate the lesser penalties by Corbett and he seems he got over his false start issues from previously in his career.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 02:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Corbett, I guess? Honestly 6 of one, half a dozen of another for me. Daniels is a couple years younger so you'd think more time to grow, but Corbett has that SB experience already. I also appreciate the lesser penalties by Corbett and he seems he got over his false start issues from previously in his career.

I'm not so worried about SB experience.
The team now has plenty of players with that experience to be able to coach players if they get jitters.

I think Daniels offers more versatility and athleticism than Corbett, but Corbett comes from a nearly identical system as Taylor's, so both should be good fits.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not so worried about SB experience.
The team now has plenty of players with that experience to be able to coach players if they get jitters.

I think Daniels offers more versatility and athleticism than Corbett, but Corbett comes from a nearly identical system as Taylor's, so both should be good fits.

That's right, because somewhere out there a fan of a shitty team is thinking they hope the Bengals allow Quinton Spain to walk "because he's got SB experience" and likely wouldn't break the bank..  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 10:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ragnow was 100% the best choice at Center.
The reason many of us (myself included) thought Price made more sense than Daniels is we thought it was going to be more of a power/gap scheme, and we wanted a Center who could push the pile vertically.
It's ok though, Bengals may be able to correct their mistake now if Daniels becomes available.

Yes, you were right there with me liking Ragnow the most Ocho.

I was wrong about James Daniels though, I thought he couldn't hold up and I was wrong about that.

Price just blew my mind on how much he sucked. It is why the Draft is a crap shoot. This very pick in the first round on a Center.

Exactly what I always wanted us to do and it backfired until the BJ Hill trade. Smirk
Reply/Quote