Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG III
I'll say it. RG III looked pretty good last night.

I've never been an RG III fan but if over the past year he has been able to get healthy and right, do you kick the tires on him as backup? Even hobbling on one leg he's probably as good or better then Barkley.

It's possible the Ravens will keep 3 QBs given the lack of string Flacco probably has. But if they only end up going with 2 it's pretty guaranteed that Griffin will be the one cut.

Would we give him a look? Not to mention he'll know their playbook. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 11:18 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I'll say it. RG III looked pretty good last night.

I've never been an RG III fan but if over the past year he has been able to get healthy and right, do you kick the tires on him as backup? Even hobbling on one leg he's probably as good or better then Barkley.

It's possible the Ravens will keep 3 QBs given the lack of string Flacco probably has. But if they only end up going with 2 it's pretty guaranteed that Griffin will be the one cut.

Would we give him a look? Not to mention he'll know their playbook. Ninja

From what I'm hearing it's looking a little more everyday like we really don't have a backup QB.

Driskel can't hit the ocean from the beach and Barkley is barely better. Woodside has yet to be on the practice field I believe ? Seems to be leaning towards Bengals looking at other options, I'm just not sure who that might be ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Barkley from a mentality aspect, if what I read about him and Dalton and Lazor all being chummy was true. But it would be nice to have a better backup. That's why I liked having AJ, you could count on him to at least not lose you the game. I can't say the same with anybody else in the spot on the roster right now.
Reply/Quote
Def need a different back up..........what we have on the roster isn't serviceable......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Has anybody from the press bothered to ask Marvin about Logan Woodside? He's not on the injury report, as far as people can tell he doesn't appear to be injured, but the guy isn't even dressing for practices. Disciplinary action for the DUI? I don't know what else it could be.

It's a shame. I was kinda looking forward to seeing the kid get a shot, especially since Barkley and Driskel are stinking up the joint. But two weeks into camp, if the guy hasn't even snapped the ball yet he'll be lucky just to hit the practice squad.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Has anybody from the press bothered to ask Marvin about Logan Woodside?  He's not on the injury report, as far as people can tell he doesn't appear to be injured, but the guy isn't even dressing for practices.  Disciplinary action for the DUI?  I don't know what else it could be.  

It's a shame.  I was kinda looking forward to seeing the kid get a shot, especially since Barkley and Driskel are stinking up the joint.  But two weeks into camp, if the guy hasn't even snapped the ball yet he'll be lucky just to hit the practice squad.

that or they already have him pegged for the PS this year and wanna give more reps to the others....

Not sure they don't have to disclose any injury so he could have something going on.. Maybe pending courts or something.

if the ravens don't keep 3 RGIII might be available.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that or they already have him pegged for the PS this year and wanna give more reps to the others....

Not sure they don't have to disclose any injury so he could have something going on.. Maybe pending courts or something.

if the ravens don't keep 3 RGIII might be available.

That was my thinking. He should be pretty safe there, and the team probably needs to decide if Barkley or Driskel could fill the spot.

Other than that, maybe that's a Marvin thing, sit until you find out if you're doing a weekend or paying a fine.
Reply/Quote
If what you guys are saying about Driskel is true and he is missing throws we better bring in someone.

Guess Barkley has looked bad too.

All for RG3 if we cannot get Teddy Bridgewater in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:28 PM)Benton Wrote: That was my thinking. He should be pretty safe there, and the team probably needs to decide if Barkley or Driskel could fill the spot.

Other than that, maybe that's a Marvin thing, sit until you find out if you're doing a weekend or paying a fine.

And sooner rather than later ! 

Don't really wanna be headed into the 4th preseason game and be like oh chit, we need a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
hate to hear, had hope for Driskell.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
RGIII would be fine with me, but the Ratbirds would probably be better off to keep him. It would certainly be nice to see more out of our backup QB situation than we have so far in camp. Who knows what they'll do if anything. I just hope Andy doesnt get hurt
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 01:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: hate to hear, had hope for Driskell.

Me to, and who knows perhaps he's got a slight injury or something throwing him off but I've heard he'd looked downright horrible so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Has anybody from the press bothered to ask Marvin about Logan Woodside?  He's not on the injury report, as far as people can tell he doesn't appear to be injured, but the guy isn't even dressing for practices.  Disciplinary action for the DUI?  I don't know what else it could be.  

It's a shame.  I was kinda looking forward to seeing the kid get a shot, especially since Barkley and Driskel are stinking up the joint.  But two weeks into camp, if the guy hasn't even snapped the ball yet he'll be lucky just to hit the practice squad.

I haven't heard or seen anything that said Driskel has been stinking it up?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 11:18 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Not to mention he'll know their playbook. Ninja

I wouldn't bet on it. Other than injuries the major thing holding him back has been an inability to learn playbooks. At least that is the rumor. 

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 02:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I haven't heard or seen anything that said Driskel has been stinking it up?

Me neither, is there any substance to this?

He looked very good both passing and running last Preseason. Way better than AJM even passing.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Me neither, is there any substance to this?

He looked very good both passing and running last Preseason. Way better than AJM even passing.

some of the recent articles from cincy jungle have been saying he was bad in 14 snaps of red zone drills he had no completions....   Second set he had a few completitions but not TDs either
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 01:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And sooner rather than later ! 

Don't really wanna be headed into the 4th preseason game and be like oh chit, we need a backup QB.

Well looking at what we have seen so far.. our Backup QB might not be on the roster yet.  no one has inspired any confidence.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If what you guys are saying about Driskel is true and he is missing throws we better bring in someone.

Guess Barkley has looked bad too.

All for RG3 if we cannot get Teddy Bridgewater in a trade.

He looked pretty good last night.  But I guess you have to figure in the fact that basically none of the starters played for either team.  Either way, I'd be okay with him.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 04:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: He looked pretty good last night.  But I guess you have to figure in the fact that basically none of the starters played for either team.  Either way, I'd be okay with him.

still think colt McCoy would be agreat Dalton backup... But Redskins don't seem to want to let him go... For the same reason(hes a good backup)
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 01:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: RGIII would be fine with me, but the Ratbirds would probably be better off to keep him. It would certainly be nice to see more out of our backup QB situation than we have so far in camp. Who knows what they'll do if anything. I just hope Andy doesnt get hurt

With Jackson and Griffin, they have a pair with similar skill sets to back up the other.  They would be wise to keep both, and push Flacco down the road.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote