Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG Jonathan Cooper
(09-04-2018, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there were a few experts who thought Cook was very good.  Pat Kirwan picked him as a "Pro Bowl Snub" one year.  Can't find that article right now but here is another one from 2009

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81560288/article/watch-out-for-more-wildcat-radar-defense-in-upcoming-playoffs

Who has the best inside three?

I had the chance to talk with an NFL line coach about the inside three, better known as the guards and centers on the offensive line, particularly in regard to the teams headed to the playoffs.

After looking at all the teams that have already clinched playoff spots, as well as those teams that could potentially fill out the playoff field, it came down to the Bengals in the AFC

The Bengals have a remarkable story with their inside three, which consists of two street free agents -- Evan Mathis, Kyle Cook -- along with a veteran in Bobbie Williams. If you watched the running game, you will see why they were rated so high this season.

and this from 2011

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8205178d/article/protect-and-serve-nfls-best-olinemen-come-in-all-forms

There are a number of young O-linemen close to the top 25, and by this time next year they should make the list. Keep an eye on Cincinnati's Kyle Cook

I’m with Fred here. Cook was solid his first few years, then injuries derailed his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess I am the only one really happy with Redmond being the starter and believe he has a long future there. He is super physical and explosive and actually needs to just reign it in a bit with some reps and experience. He is a force in the run game which we desperately need. You can fix the penalties. It is nuts that our first and second round prize tackles can't crack the lineup.
Reply/Quote
Interesting not one team picked Cooper up after the cuts...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 11:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You might be right on Hopkins more of a backup , I do like he can move around on the line.. my gut says he is better than Redmond and Westerman with calls and he does seem to play a clean game.. the other two might be stronger overall position players but at this time i am guessing Hopkins just has the intangibles over them which is also important to coaches.  I will agree Westerman is the most physical of the guards but I have a feeling he struggles with line calls, switches etc and that is why he is not giving much chance at RG some players are just not as strong with the playbook and movement along the line, those players are best at staying in one spot so they don;t have too much on their plate.. I do believe though no one on the right side whoever it is come Indy is safe for Baltimore starting if they don't perform well for Pollack 

You have to be smart to play O-line no doubt, i agree with pretty much everything you said here. :andy:

(09-03-2018, 02:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: FYI the Bills named Ryan Groy the starting Center. And I checked on Bills boards and the prevailing opinion was Bodine should not have ever been signed in the first place.

No surprise lol
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Interesting not one team picked Cooper up after the cuts...

I think some are waiting until after week 1 due to injury history.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That is my point, many teams will stay away with his injuries
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:15 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is my point, many teams will stay away with his injuries

Is signing him after week 1 really "staying away"?

He'd still be getting signed and it's a pretty common practice to wait til after week 1 on many of these August cuts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote