Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG3 in AFCN
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/robert_griffin_iii_agrees_to_terms_with_cleveland_browns.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh yea!!! RGIII with Hue Jackson... the one coach who can probably work with him.
Reply/Quote
Interesting move. Bengals usually aren't confortable with mobile QBs.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Signed by Browns.

Wonder how close Hue and Gruden were?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Signed by Browns.

Wonder how close Hue and Gruden were?

Wow so they're just skipping the step where they draft a QB that can't play in the NFL and just go sign one instead. If that keeps them from wasting their first round pick on another QB bust then it'll be a really good pickup.
Reply/Quote
Is this where we guess how many starts RG3 has in 2016 before breaking in the AFCN? Because my current guess is 7.

Not all players are built to play in the division, and I still remember how much he got beaten up in 2012 against the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think the only possible good for the Browns that could come of this is that RG3 and Josh Gordon are reunited. They were pretty dynamic in college.

Still, I agree with you guys. You need a durable and tough QB to last in this division, something RG3 has shown he isn't so far in his career.
Reply/Quote
the AFCN sack numbers are getting padded next season.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:26 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Interesting move. Bengals usually aren't confortable with mobile QBs.

It's ok. I watched him a lot because of the markets being so close. His football IQ is low. He's immature in that he never wanted to take time to figure out how he could be a better QB, he just wanted to do his thing.

He'll run from the first pass rusher, see another, and then turn back into the first thinking they aren't there anymore. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It didn't help that the Shanahan played him his rookie season before he was cleared by his doctor.
Reply/Quote
Here is what I fond fascinating. Did Hue decide to give him a chance because he and Gruden were close and Jay gave him a positive reference. Or did Hue sign him as a way of proving he can fix something Gruden couldn't.

Not all coaching staffs are as close as brothers. It may have been hard on Hue to be an assistant RB coach after being a head coach. And it would be worse if he was under some OC who came from the arena league and just got the job because his brother won a Super Bowl. (Not what I think, but the way Hue may have seen it)
Reply/Quote
Maybe Hue will find a way to get something out of him that doesn't involve getting his tiny little body crushed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is this where we guess how many starts RG3 has in 2016 before breaking in the AFCN? Because my current guess is 7.

Not all players are built to play in the division, and I still remember how much he got beaten up in 2012 against the Bengals.

That was the first time i really saw RG3 get beaten to a pulp and it didn't seem like he was the same since.

Dunlap laid him out early on an option play but they did come back the 2nd half and make it a game though.

Still, this is a tough Division for any running QB. He has a good arm but he is a lot like Manziel in that he could
have trouble seeing over the OL. Kind of need bigger pocket passers in this Division besides Dalton who can do
it all. Gotta be smart, RG3 has had problems with being smart.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't make sense, Hue appeared to be cleaning house to bring in young talent that maybe wanted to be there. Griffin thus far has only been about himself. Does..not..compute.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 03:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Doesn't make sense, Hue appeared to be cleaning house to bring in young talent that maybe wanted to be there. Griffin thus far has only been about himself. Does..not..compute.

RG3 was popular enough among his teammates to be voted an offensive captain his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
My guess is that Griffin was brought in by the Browns, to be the transitional guy, while Wentz gets up to speed.

Scratch that, I just saw the details of the deal. 2 years, $15M, possibly as high as $22M. They are indeed expecting him to produce. Otherwise that is a lot of money for a transitional/insurance guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Hue is hoping that RG3 can still run around because that OL may get him killed if he stands in the pocket.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what I fond fascinating.  Did Hue decide to give him a chance because he and Gruden were close and Jay gave him a positive reference.  Or did Hue sign him as a way of proving he can fix something Gruden couldn't.

Not all coaching staffs are as close as brothers.  It may have been hard on Hue to be an assistant RB coach after being a head coach.  And it would be worse if he was under some OC who came from the arena league and just got the job because his brother won a Super Bowl.  (Not what I think, but the way Hue may have seen it)

If I had to guess, this has nothing to do with Gruden.  I'm guessing that they just wanted a veteran QB with some upside.  I still think they draft a QB.  Maybe not a #2 now, but for sure in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: RG3 was popular enough among his teammates to be voted an offensive captain his rookie year.

And he was great his rookie year. The problems came after.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 04:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: And he was great his rookie year. The problems came after.

Winning cures all.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote