Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RGIII Not getting the love
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/21/mccoy-cousins-continue-to-out-play-rg3/

They still say he will start but for how long is probly a legit question
Reply/Quote
Snyder will wind up getting rid of RG3 and Gruden after this season. A new coach and QB will come in, but the dumpster fire will continue.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 04:56 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Snyder will wind up getting rid of RG3 and Gruden after this season. A new coach and QB will come in, but the dumpster fire will continue.

Pretty much my thinking. Gruden being adamant about starting the worst of his three QBs probably means Snyder said something along the lines of "I brought you in because I thought you could fix him." He can't, end of season they're both gone and RG3 ends up a backup somewhere, Gruden ends up an OC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gruden is suffering (and thus RGIII) from the same problem there that he had here. Gruden doesn't know how to utilize what he has ! He tries to make his players become what he wants. RGIII isn't a drop back passer but Gruden is determined to make him one.
Reply/Quote
That team has 0 starters, so go figure they are starting the guy they used a zillion picks to get.
Reply/Quote
No doubt that RGIII is very underwhelming.

But did anyone see that preseason game? That O-line looked like it was comprised of 3 Dennis Rolands and 2 Eric Guiaciucs, and that might be too generous.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 09:21 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: No doubt that RGIII is very underwhelming.

But did anyone see that preseason game? That O-line looked like it was comprised of 3 Dennis Rolands and 2 Eric Guiaciucs, and that might be too generous.

Yeah.  He took a hell of a beating.  Hard to throw from your ass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 12:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Gruden is suffering (and thus RGIII) from the same problem there that he had here. Gruden doesn't know how to utilize what he has ! He tries to make his players become what he wants. RGIII isn't a drop back passer but Gruden is determined to make him one.

The bigger problem is that RGIII is not an NFL QB, yet he's stuck with him.  Shanahan got the most out of him with that funky college scheme he used but he also got him broken, which was the inherent danger in that scheme. 

Maybe somebody could use him in a Slash role.  Aside from that, he really has very little future in the league.

McCoy and Cousins are both borderline pro QB's, so there isn't much other help there either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Remember when there was a little debate over RG III and Andrew Luck? LMAO

I think the Colts were always sold on Luck, but I remember a few talking heads saying that Griffen may have the higher ceiling.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 01:08 PM)jason Wrote: Remember when there was a little debate over RG III and Andrew Luck? LMAO

I think the Colts were always sold on Luck, but I remember a few talking heads saying that Griffen may have the higher ceiling.

Happy Happy Happy

Kind of like Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning...

But it is a shame what with RG III being the best QB in the NFL and all. You guys all saw that right? Last week when asked who the best QB in the league is RGIII said, "I am..."

In the immortal words of Rick James (voiced by Dave Chappelle), "Cocaine is a helluva drug!"
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Watch. RGIII will leave there, go to a team that doesn't let him get nearly every play, and he'll be much better. He needs a change of scenery. That team needs an offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 01:19 PM)xxlt Wrote: Happy Happy Happy

Kind of like Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning...

But it is a shame what with RG III being the best QB in the NFL and all. You guys all saw that right? Last week when asked who the best QB in the league is RGIII said, "I am..."

In the immortal words of Rick James (voiced by Dave Chappelle), "Cocaine is a helluva drug!"

Here is the whole quote, which is less about him claiming to be the best and more him making some cliched "believe in yourself" optimistic statement.  RGIII is a bit of a mess as a QB and is looking like a big ol' bust for the DC squad but to act like he just walked out and said "I'm the best QB in the league" is misleading and something that reeks of bias.  What would we say if Dalton said this exact thing?  Or if Dalton said "I feel like I'm the 19th best QB in the league, and the statistics back it up!"

“I feel like I’m the best quarterback in the league, and I have to go out and show that,” Griffin told WJLA-TV, via ESPN.com. “Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they’re not a top competitor, they’re not trying to be the best that they can be.

“There’s guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that’s what I work toward every single day.”
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:26 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Watch. RGIII will leave there, go to a team that doesn't let him get nearly every play, and he'll be much better. He needs a change of scenery. That team needs an offensive line.

The DC squad has a rotten o-line for sure, but the play where RGIII got hurt he was stopping and diving to the ground to pick up the ball after he simply dropped it sans contact.  
Reply/Quote
RGIII just isn't an NFL QB. While I've never been a big Gruden fan, he doesn't have much to work with in Wash. Shannahan did as good a job as anyone will ever do with RGIII.

All those extra picks would cone in handy about right now.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:26 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Watch. RGIII will leave there, go to a team that doesn't let him get nearly every play, and he'll be much better. He needs a change of scenery. That team needs an offensive line.

RG3 needs a change of scenery, but he also needs to come back down to reality.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: RG3 needs a change of scenery, but he also needs to come back down to reality.

apparently his OL doesnt like him either.... RGsKnee wont make it to the bye week
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Here is the whole quote, which is less about him claiming to be the best and more him making some cliched "believe in yourself" optimistic statement.  RGIII is a bit of a mess as a QB and is looking like a big ol' bust for the DC squad but to act like he just walked out and said "I'm the best QB in the league" is misleading and something that reeks of bias.  What would we say if Dalton said this exact thing?  Or if Dalton said "I feel like I'm the 19th best QB in the league, and the statistics back it up!"

“I feel like I’m the best quarterback in the league, and I have to go out and show that,” Griffin told WJLA-TV, via ESPN.com. “Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they’re not a top competitor, they’re not trying to be the best that they can be.

“There’s guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that’s what I work toward every single day.”

Yeah, I heard the whole quote, and sitting here reading it I feel exactly the same about it. I think it was an idiotic statement. My best friend lifts weights and has won some meets. He is not the world's strongest man. If he said, "I fell like I am the world's strongest man and I have to go out and show that... There's guys in competition that have lifted way more than me. But I still view myself as the strongest because that's what I work for every single day," I would think that too was an idiotic statement. I guess it would reek of the bias I have against my best friend. Same bias I have against RG III. ThumbsUp
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 06:29 PM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, I heard the whole quote, and sitting here reading it I feel exactly the same about it. I think it was an idiotic statement. My best friend lifts weights and has won some meets. He is not the world's strongest man. If he said, "I fell like I am the world's strongest man and I have to go out and show that... There's guys in competition that have lifted way more than me. But I still view myself as the strongest because that's what I work for every single day," I would think that too was an idiotic statement. I guess it would reek of the bias I have against my best friend. Same bias I have against RG III. ThumbsUp

I don't disagree, but when you take it in full it sounds less like a boastful statement and more like a guy trying in vain to save his job.
Reply/Quote
Question is who do you want as our OC? Gruden or Jackson?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote