Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Bengals 2016 season
We can't go a day without losing a guy for a significant amount of time.

Anyone else feel like its going to be one of those years?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We can't go a day without losing a guy for a significant amount of time.

[Image: doc-kick.gif]

[Image: 31901256.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Nope no pity party for me.
Reply/Quote
We have not yet lost any significant players for more than a game or two.

No need to hit the panic button yet.
Reply/Quote
With the exception of Jackson and Billings, it seems everyone else is dealing with minor issues and/or will only be missing a short amount of time. Geoff Hobson reported today that Marvin doesn't expect Ced or Lafell to miss the opener. Tyler Eifert is still expected back early in the season. Just staying positive right now. Now, if we're still dealing with this stuff come early September, I might be singing a different tune...
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We can't go a day without losing a guy for a significant amount of time.

Only negative Nancy's have those types of feelings.
Reply/Quote
[Image: the-sky-is-falling-2.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hey maybe we will actually be better facing some adversity early in the season. The last 2 years all our injury issues came late in the season where we couldn't recover from them. Lets face the injury bugs early for a change and get them over with

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: the-sky-is-falling-2.jpg]

I've discovered that being a true optimistic fan of a team involves believing that our players are awesome while simultaneously not being concerned if said awesome players can't play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Nope
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've discovered that being a true optimistic fan of a team involves believing that our players are awesome while simultaneously not being concerned if said awesome players can't play.

Who cares if they can't play in the preseseason?

Seriously, how many of these guys are supposed to miss more than 1 or 2 regular season games?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares if they can't play in the preseseason?

Seriously, how many of these guys are supposed to miss more than 1 or 2 regular season games?

I was under the impression that we were supposed to ignore the fact that LaFell was injured last season, so it sort of makes it hard to do that when he can't make it through preseason week 1 without needing surgery.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was under the impression that we were supposed to ignore the fact that LaFell was injured last season, so it sort of makes it hard to do that when he can't make it through preseason week 1 without needing surgery.  

Don't understand what you are saying.  How many regular season games is he supposed to miss?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was under the impression that we were supposed to ignore the fact that LaFell was injured last season, so it sort of makes it hard to do that when he can't make it through preseason week 1 without needing surgery.  

When is LaFell having surgery!?  Last I heard he was on the practice field yesterday doing individual drills    Nothing about surgery...?
Reply/Quote
I still think RIP AFC North is what I predict. Also, RIP winless postseason streak!!!
Reply/Quote
Honestly... I'm feeling how I did before the 2008 season. I don't know exactly why... Just lacking the excitement during training camp/preseason games. I'm sure I'm being paranoid (and I hope I am) but I'll admit these injuries arent exactly giving me hope
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:20 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Honestly... I'm feeling how I did before the 2008 season. I don't know exactly why... Just lacking the excitement during training camp/preseason games. I'm sure I'm being paranoid (and I hope I am) but I'll admit these injuries arent exactly giving me hope

you are paranoid.  no worries, bro   All will be well come Sept. 11.  By the start of week 5, the whole crew will be ROLLIN!!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't understand what you are saying.  How many regular season games is he supposed to miss?

He's saying he is starting to feel that LaFell may be injury prone.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nah, better early in the season than late in the season.

Need to win in the Playoffs this year. Billings should be back for the run. Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:18 PM)NKYRob Wrote: With the exception of Jackson and Billings, it seems everyone else is dealing with minor issues and/or will only be missing a short amount of time.  Geoff Hobson reported today that Marvin doesn't expect Ced or Lafell to miss the opener. Tyler Eifert is still expected back early in the season.  Just staying positive right now.  Now, if we're still dealing with this stuff come early September, I might be singing a different tune...

You realize they are desperately trying to sell season tickets still, right?

Marvin didn't expect Rich Braham to miss more than 3 weeks with a bruised shin. Who knew that in Marvin Land that a bruise really means broken into a million pieces!

Remember when Eifert was going to be fine a few weeks after the pro bowl? And then might miss some of camp? And now some of the season?

I like that the Bengals are savvy enough to not expose their info for public consumption. Believing them on injuries would be like shaking their hand while they piss down your leg. I'm fine knowing that's the case.... I'm just not going to shake with them on it.
Reply/Quote