Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Bill Paxton
http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainmentnews/bill-paxton-dead-at-61-due-to-complications-from-surgery/ar-AAnso5t?li=AAn4eAA

Always liked him in the roles he did, as he had a voice that you knew instantly. My memorable roles of him were Aliens, Titanic, Hatfield & McCoys, and Apollo 13, amongst quite a few other minor roles such as in Tombstone.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/emmy-winning-actor-bill-paxton-153013951.html

Gone much too soon. Seems like only yesterday I was watching Chet getting turned into dodo.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 01:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainmentnews/bill-paxton-dead-at-61-due-to-complications-from-surgery/ar-AAnso5t?li=AAn4eAA

Always liked him in the roles he did, as he had a voice that you knew instantly. My memorable roles of him were Aliens, Titanic, Hatfield & McCoys, and Apollo 13, amongst quite a few other minor roles such as in Tombstone.
Wait, so Bill Pullman is dead? Or is he not dead?

Honestly I never knew who either of them was, but apparently people who thought they did really didn't, because they mixed them up a lot. You can take a quiz on the two here:

http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/paxton-or-pullman/

Of course, it helps that Millhouse provided a partial biography for one.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 01:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainmentnews/bill-paxton-dead-at-61-due-to-complications-from-surgery/ar-AAnso5t?li=AAn4eAA

Don't forget Chet in Weird Science. 

He was good.  Comedy or action/drama.  Sad to hear of his passing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He was great in this 80s low budget vampire flick called Near Dark.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
One messed up role Paxton played was the father in Frailty.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M636c082335b51c1642445daa18140...=300&h=300]
This movie is creepy because I'm sure there's some "religious" nutjobs out there who think they're doing "God's work".
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 01:38 PM)xxlt Wrote: Wait, so Bill Pullman is dead? Or is he not dead?

Honestly I never knew who either of them was, but apparently people who thought they did really didn't, because they mixed them up a lot. You can take a quiz on the two here:

http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/paxton-or-pullman/

Of course, it helps that Millhouse provided a partial biography for one.

I know some people didn't care for Paxton.

Like him or not Paxton's acting was far superior to Pullman's.

Pullman is terrible, with his squinty-eyed delivery...  no matter what the role.
Reply/Quote
Damn.

Twister and Vertical Limit were a couple of his better works.

Bill could play a good bad guy.
Reply/Quote
Loved him in Aliens. RIP Bill.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Rest in peace, Bill. Thanks for the memories.

[Image: 16996148_10155258910935934_3084896847030...e=59301792]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

The ultimate Badass has passed....

Apollo 13.
True Lies
Aliens
Tombstone
Twister
Terminator
Predator 2
Frailty
Edge of Tomorrow
The Colony 
Vertical Limit
Stripes.

Only man to be killed by a Xenomorph Predator and Terminator in his filmography.
Reply/Quote
Liked him in Big Love on HBO, too. Only 61, he should have had more time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 08:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Liked him in Big Love on HBO, too.  Only 61, he should have had more time.

Don't know what happened.. Was the lead in a new TV show so definitely unexpected.
Reply/Quote
The one actor I absolutely loathed in anything I saw him in.  He single handedly ruined Twister for me and almost ruined Tombstone.  Thank god Val Kilmer saved that movie for me.  He had about 10 minutes of 'to much screen time' in Titanic too.  The only film I could stomach him in was the Hatfields and McCoys. 

Having said that........this sucks.  I genuinely think he was a good down to earth person.  And surprisingly find myself going to miss his big smile.  Somebody that could have been my next door neighbor.  A neighbor that would give the shirt off his back for you.   I don't know.....just seemed like a cool guy you could sit in your garage and drink some beers with.  Listening to Waylon Jennings.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 04:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The one actor I absolutely loathed in anything I saw him in.  He single handedly ruined Twister for me and almost ruined Tombstone.  Thank god Val Kilmer saved that movie for me.  He had about 10 minutes of 'to much screen time' in Titanic too.  The only film I could stomach him in was the Hatfields and McCoys. 

Having said that........this sucks.  I genuinely think he was a good down to earth person.  And surprisingly find myself going to miss his big smile.  Somebody that could have been my next door neighbor.  A neighbor that would give the shirt off his back for you.   I don't know.....just seemed like a cool guy you could sit in your garage and drink some beers with.  Listening to Waylon Jennings.

That is Samuel L. Jackson for me.

Dude is the same frickin' guy in every damn movie. Loud mouth asshole. Probably been in more movies than any actor ever too.

Here he comes to ruin Kong after he just ruined Tarzan...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 01:09 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Rest in peace, Bill. Thanks for the memories.

[Image: 16996148_10155258910935934_3084896847030...e=59301792]

Crazy, didn't know Bill was in Predator 2 and Terminator..

Watched those movies a bunch too.

Must be only for a second before the Predator blows his head off and Arnold snaps his neck.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy, didn't know Bill was in Predator 2 and Terminator..

Watched those movies a bunch too.

Must be only for a second before the Predator blows his head off and Arnold snaps his neck.

I don't recall seeing him in Predator 2, but it has been many years and I only saw it once. But I do remember seeing him in Terminator. He was one of the three punk rock kids at the beginning that Arnold/Terminator orders to "give me yore clothes."
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 09:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't recall seeing him in Predator 2, but it has been many years and I only saw it once. But I do remember seeing him in Terminator. He was one of the three punk rock kids at the beginning that Arnold/Terminator orders to "give me yore clothes."
he was the over eager young cop to Danny glover's character .
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 04:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The one actor I absolutely loathed in anything I saw him in.  

(03-04-2017, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is Samuel L. Jackson for me.

Wha you say mothaf*cka?

[Image: samuel-l-jackson-48118.jpg]

Reply/Quote
For those who seen Hatfield & McCoys mini series, did you like it? Thinking about watching when I’m done streaming”For-the People.”

Reply/Quote