Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RIP Ken Riley
A real shame.

Also a real shame that he never got the jacket he deserved. Top 8 in career INTs are all in the HoF (or will be in Charles Woodson's case) except Riley and Darren Sharper (who will rightly never get in for completely unrelated-to-football reasons) yet Riley retired 4th and 37 years later is still 5th which looks like it will stand for quite some time considering there's no active player right now with more than 35 INTs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 04:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I feel this will be a situation like Stabler. There will be a movement to get him in now because he was wronged in not being alive to see it happen and thus should wait no longer.

Is it possible the voters have something against the name Ken? Stabler, Riley, Anderson...

The HOF Monitor is interesting. There are 2 DB’s in rated below Riley and 7 QB’s below Anderson, including Stabler. There are QB’s rated better than Anderson that aren’t in yet but only because they aren’t eligible. I have no idea how Anderson isn’t in.
Reply/Quote
RIP to Ken Riley
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dang...1 of my favorite all-time Bengal. His HOF snub is one of the most biggest errors for induction. I still say there is a conspiracy for Bengals not getting into the HOF. May Ken Riley rest in peace.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 05:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A real shame.

Also a real shame that he never got the jacket he deserved. Top 8 in career INTs are all in the HoF (or will be in Charles Woodson's case) except Riley and Darren Sharper (who will rightly never get in for completely unrelated-to-football reasons) yet Riley retired 4th and 37 years later is still 5th which looks like it will stand for quite some time considering there's no active player right now with more than 35 INTs.

Don't you think that is a big shocking with how much QBs throw the ball, no one has more than 35 Ints...
Reply/Quote
If you never saw him play growing up here is the "Rattler", nice video on his highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0G-9IieB80
Reply/Quote
The Rattler is the most under rated DB in history... RIP Ken " The Rattler" Riley....
Reply/Quote
Another former Bengal, Andre Caldwell lost his brother to a shooting too... Tough day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Shame. Another one who will not get a chance to be fully acknowledged for their contribution.
Reply/Quote
Sad day for Bengaldom!!! Truly one of the greats to ever wear stripes. Until we start winning more consistently the NFL will always look down on our franchises players!!! The HOF needs to look at players stats for what they did around their peers, era, and the game as it was back then!! Some Bengals that warrant more recognition than what theve gotten IMO!

1) Ken Riley- pure shutdown CB in the 70's

2) Ken Anderson- better numbers than Bradshaw by far, just didn't get a ring.

3) Big Willy- dominate RT in the 90's just played on shitty teams.

Future Guys that should be a lock?

1- AJ Green

2) Geno Atkins
Reply/Quote
R.I.P. Ken
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 09:12 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Sad day for Bengaldom!!! Truly one of the greats to ever wear stripes. Until we start winning more consistently the NFL will always look down on our franchises players!!! The HOF needs to look at players stats for what they did around their peers, era, and the game as it was back then!! Some Bengals that warrant more recognition than what theve gotten IMO!

1- AJ Green

2) Geno Atkins

Actually Dillion has the numbers and what a performance in the year the Patriots won the Super Bowl...  AJ has a solid run first 6 years but last 3 nope.. don;t think he has a chance now.. Geno will be overshadowed by Donald and noseguards are rare in the HOF...  Whit probably will have a better shot than Willy with him playing longer and getting to super bowl helped elavate him
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 09:12 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Sad day for Bengaldom!!! Truly one of the greats to ever wear stripes. Until we start winning more consistently the NFL will always look down on our franchises players!!! The HOF needs to look at players stats for what they did around their peers, era, and the game as it was back then!! Some Bengals that warrant more recognition than what theve gotten IMO!

1- AJ Green

2) Geno Atkins

don't forget about Whit....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
2020 continues to suck.

RIP Ken

Reply/Quote

1- AJ Green

2) Geno Atkins

Yeah totally forgot abut Whitworth!! I did almost put Corey Dillon in though he was so dominating but it was shorter than others already in
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 05:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Don't you think that is a big shocking with how much QBs throw the ball, no one has more than 35 Ints...

Yeah, it's because people are doing more low-risk high percentage throws. There's not as many offenses that seem to be slinging it down the field with abandon. More YAC offenses. Combine that with the rule changes about illegal contact and rules protecting QBs. Added on top of all that is defenses seem more willing to give up small stuff to prevent the big play, so less guys ballhawking.

I knew there would be a bit of a gap, but until I looked at it for that post I didn't realize how huge it was.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sad day. One of my favorites.

Reply/Quote
Always sad to see the end of a life. RIP Ken. He should be enshrined in Canton.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rhodes Scholar Candidate who grew up in Florida and graduated high school the same year the Civil Rights Act was passed.

Think he would have been interesting to talk to?

Oh yeah!   And from what I hear he would have been nice enough to talk to any of us.   The world has lost a rare and wonderful man.
Reply/Quote
RIP the Rattler. My long time Avatar. Great player. Great team member. Great citizen. When will we finally have a player ring of honor ? This is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote