Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper
Dies at 61    

Crazy seeing these guys I watched as a kid pass away.     I loved His movie They Lived

[Image: MIGEQe0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wow. I just heard him on a sports radio show like last week. He had some cool stories, but almost sounded drunk telling them.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:59 PM)Harmening Wrote: Wow.  I just heard him on a sports radio show like last week.  He had some cool stories, but almost sounded drunk telling them.

RIP Rowdy. Truly one of the best Pro Wrestler Entertainers of all time. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes he was.
My younger years loved his entertainment.
Reply/Quote
A little bit of my childhood died with him. RIP Piper.

Cry Cry
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Saw Piper wrestle Ric Flair at the Cincinnati Gardens when I was in high school (around 1980). The main event was Andre the Giant.
Reply/Quote
RIP

I remember watching him on TV growing up. Played an amazing heel. And always loved They Live. I know it is a rough lifestyle and wrestlers tend to have a shorter life expectancy but still 61 is too young.

Reply/Quote
One of my favorite entertainers. Great in the ring, fun in movies and even made some interesting tv appearances (its always sunny). Few celebrity obits actually make me feel like the world lost somebody. His does. He didn't cure cancer, but he made people forget about things for a few minutes.
Reply/Quote
He has done a lot of interviews the past few years about his life and it's pretty amazing where he came from....
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dies at 61    

Crazy seeing these guys I watched as a kid pass away.     I loved His movie They Lived

[Image: MIGEQe0.jpg]

pro Wrestling takes a huge toll on these guys... Very few make it to a very old age.

RIP

No more Pipers Pit
Reply/Quote
Roddy was one of my favorites growing up. His dog collar matches with Greg Valentine were classics.
Reply/Quote
Another huge loss for the wrestling community. Probably the greatest villian in wrestling history.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Probably the best heel in the industry. Smashing a coconut over Jimmy Snukas head is probably the most infamous thing that has ever happened in wrestling history.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 12:48 AM)J24 Wrote: Probably the best heel in the industry. Smashing a coconut over Jimmy Snukas head is probably the most infamous thing that has ever happened in wrestling history.

He will definitely be missed.
Sad

Funny you should bring up Jimmy....
He has been battling stomach cancer.
He had surgery and is currently in recovery.

Here he is with a buddy of mine, last year.
[Image: Jimmy%20amp%20Johnny_zpskuv9yuh6.jpg]
Reply/Quote