Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Scott Weiland
Former STP frontman passes away in his sleep.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-dead-at-48-20151204

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 07:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Former STP frontman passes away in his sleep.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-dead-at-48-20151204

Poor tortured soul.
He will be missed.
Reply/Quote
I always enjoyed his work. Rest in Peace.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
when people ask what's your favorite song, I always say it depends on the mood. But the one I can listen to no matter what, is big empty
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:09 PM)Benton Wrote: when people ask what's your favorite song, I always say it depends on the mood. But the one I can listen to no matter what, is big empty

"borrowing" lyrics from Wicked Garden helped me pass Lit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite frontmen of all time. RIP Scott.

He is one of the singers i try to take something from. Great at going from high to deep.

Great vocal range.

If you see him from back in the day from like Core till now you could hardly tell it was the same person.

Drugs got another one of the best.
Reply/Quote
He was terrific live. When I was just starting out as a musician I used to get up with the local house band at AJ's of Destin and sing Plush. I have always been able to emulate his vocals very well. What a shame. Another talented artist gone much too soon.
Reply/Quote
Never was huge fan...  But Interstate Love Song is great.  There are a couple of others as well...  It still sucks that he's gone.

Merle Haggard is in the hospital too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
In the beginning I was adamant that he was ripping off Eddie Vedder. Over time, though I came to realize that although STP was no Pearl Jam, Weiland was probably a better vocalist than Eddie.

Also always had a soft spot for the song "Still Remains".
Reply/Quote
The guy had the tools to be one of Rock's best vocalists IMO.

Just couldn't get out of his own way.

I believe he could have done so much more. We only had a small sample of his talent.

It's really sad when talent like that is squandered away.

Especially when most people would do anything to have it.

Even to the point of choosing it over wealth.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
RIP Scott! Why do the young always die that way to stuff like drugs, car wrecks, etc?! Go figure!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 10:19 PM)jason Wrote: Never was huge fan...  But Interstate Love Song is great.  There are a couple of others as well...  It still sucks that he's gone.

Merle Haggard is in the hospital too...

Yes....great song.  That whole album is good , the only one by STP I have.

Merle has pneumonia.  I hope he recovers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
One of my favorite bands...Glad I saw them in Cincy a few years ago
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 11:42 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The guy had the tools to be one of Rock's best vocalists IMO.

Just couldn't get out of his own way.

I believe he could have done so much more.  We only had a small sample of his talent.

It's really sad when talent like that is squandered away.

Especially when most people would do anything to have it.  

Even to the point of choosing it over wealth.

Oh GAWD here we go!! LOL!!!!
Reply/Quote
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-s-family-dont-glorify-this-tragedy-20151207?page=2

Damn....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote