Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RNC spent nearly $100k on Don Jr's book, pushing it to #1 on the NYT best seller list
(11-22-2019, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They were getting a $20 book for free by donating $50.

Do you realize that you can get better cookies at a cheaper price at Costco than you can from buying them from Girl Scouts? Does it make you dumb to buy them from the Scouts?

Yes.  Doesn't mean it's not for a good cause.  But it's dumb if your sole purpose is to give them money.

Just give the money.

If you prefer the gs cookies for some reason that's great.  Can't get them anywhere else cheaper?  Okie dokie.  

Really want that book by Junior?  Go buy it.  Really want that book AND you want to give money to the RNC?  Do both.

But people who want something to donate money always struck me as odd.  And that includes PBS pledge drives or political campaigns.

I donated to one political campaign in my life...I just gave the money.  I wasn't entered into a contest, didn't get a hat or a book.  Basically everything I want to give money to to help I just give the money.

I understand that most of these organizations feel the need to bribe people into participating but it seems dumb to me.

And yes I'd rather give my dumb money to the scouts than a political group.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Didn't Obama's kids release like rap albums that their ol' man payola-ed into the top of the charts, or something? All I'm saying is that every president does this stuff. Who do you think really bought all that Billy Beer in the late 70s?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-22-2019, 01:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  Doesn't mean it's not for a good cause.  But it's dumb if your sole purpose is to give them money.

Just give the money.

If you prefer the gs cookies for some reason that's great.  Can't get them anywhere else cheaper?  Okie dokie.  

Really want that book by Junior?  Go buy it.  Really want that book AND you want to give money to the RNC?  Do both.

But people who want something to donate money always struck me as odd.  And that includes PBS pledge drives or political campaigns.

I donated to one political campaign in my life...I just gave the money.  I wasn't entered into a contest, didn't get a hat or a book.  Basically everything I want to give money to to help I just give the money.

I understand that most of these organizations feel the need to bribe people into participating but it seems dumb to me.

And yes I'd rather give my dumb money to the scouts than a political group.

Some folks can accept reason some cannot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-21-2019, 09:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't think Tweeting "hey, buy my kid's book because it will stick it to the libs" is the same thing as Burisma receiving US Federal government bailout money while Biden's son got paid by Ukrainian tax payers to do coke - while being as qualified to serve on the board as me an you.

But yeah paying to have his book higher on the NY Times list is stupid.

You're right that there is a difference between Hunter Biden being on Burisma's board (ignoring the nonsense propaganda you included here for obvious reasons) and using your official position as President to hawk your child's book to your supporters.

One is explicitly against the law and one isn't.

Can you guess which is which?

If you can't figure it out, I left a hint in the hyperlink.
(11-21-2019, 09:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ignoring the high levels of nepotism running rampant in the administration aside, WTF is this nonsense?

(11-21-2019, 10:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Burisma got a bailout? 

(11-22-2019, 04:23 AM)Dill Wrote: I did some Google searching of this.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/did-biden-save-this-ukraine-firm-responsible-for-1-8b-in-missing-aid-his-son-is-on-the-board/

The linked article's title apparently connects ALL US aid directed to Ukraine, as part of our national foreign policy goal to strengthen Ukraine and check Russia, to Burisma--as if that one company got 1.8 billion of taxpayer money. 

Mix in the name of Joe and Hunter Biden.  Stir with some anti-dem/Hillary emotion, and for the careless reader you get almost two million in our tax dollars funneled to a private corporation in the Ukraine which would be paying Hunter millions.

Inside the article, eventually, you see the 1.8 billion was for the country, not Burisma, Biden was doing with the money exactly what Congress wanted him to do with it, etc.  Nothing to see, after all.

That is the only connection I can find.

Maybe 6 can help us with something more specific.

(11-23-2019, 01:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You're right that there is a difference between Hunter Biden being on Burisma's board (ignoring the nonsense propaganda you included here for obvious reasons) and using your official position as President to hawk your child's book to your supporters.

One is explicitly against the law and one isn't.

Can you guess which is which?

If you can't figure it out, I left a hint in the hyperlink.

Err Ummm sometimes my autocorrect changes Rosemont Capital to Bursima. Weird Huh?  Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-23-2019, 07:29 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Err Ummm sometimes my autocorrect changes Rosemont Capital to Bursima. Weird Huh?  Ninja

Ok, yeah, that situation is one that is ridiculous. But I have objections going all the way back to the beginnings of the program under Bush and then under Obama. It'd be hard to prove there was any favoritism involved in Rosemont getting money, it's one of those correlation not necessarily being causation things, but it doesn't have a good look to it. Then again, things like that are already why the more progressive Dems aren't in favor of Biden to begin with.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-23-2019, 08:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ok, yeah, that situation is one that is ridiculous. But I have objections going all the way back to the beginnings of the program under Bush and then under Obama. It'd be hard to prove there was any favoritism involved in Rosemont getting money, it's one of those correlation not necessarily being causation things, but it doesn't have a good look to it. Then again, things like that are already why the more progressive Dems aren't in favor of Biden to begin with.

This article is about Biden and Rosemont, but the 2nd half of it really goes into detail into the corruption of the TALF loans in the 2009 bailout in general. And it links to the letter Bernie Sanders wrote to the Fed over how the money was handed out to rich, connected people. He lists the 100+ people/firms who laundered their loan money through the Caymans. 

The "too big to fail" bailouts were necessary to avoid economic collapse, regardless of how unfair it was to bailout those who caused it. But the TALF portion of it was really a corrupt money grab through and through.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/hunter-biden-linked-company-received-130m-in-special-federal-loans-while-joe-biden-was-vp
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]