Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rachel Dolezal
NAACP = National Association for Advancement of Colored People

She is "colored". It just so happens that the color is not black.
(06-12-2015, 03:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: It that "legally" fraud though?  Like can the position only be held by an African- American for example?

If she lied to get the job I totally agree with you.  If she lied but earned the job anyway I don't think so.

Either way she's got some kind of issues to deal with.

Well, I think it's safe to assume if a white person who wasn't going through great lengths to appear black would have attempted to get that job it may have been a quick, "thanks but no thanks" type conversation 
For what it is worth, an old friend from college, posted this.

http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-statement-on-rachel-dolezal

June 12, 2015

Baltimore, MD – For 106 years, the National  Association for the Advancement of Colored People has held a long and proud tradition of receiving support from people of all faiths, races, colors and creeds. NAACP Spokane Washington Branch President Rachel Dolezal is enduring a legal issue with her family, and we respect her privacy in this matter. One’s racial identity is not a qualifying criteria or disqualifying standard for NAACP leadership.  The NAACP Alaska-Oregon-Washington State Conference stands behind Ms. Dolezal’s advocacy record.  In every corner of this country, the NAACP remains committed to securing political, educational, and economic justice for all people, and we encourage Americans of all stripes to become members and serve as leaders in our organization.

Hate language sent through mail and social media along with credible threats continue to be a serious issue for our units in the Pacific Northwest and across the nation. We take all threats seriously  and encourage the FBI and the Department of Justice to fully investigate each occurrence.

At least, at this point, the NAACP is treating this as a non-issue.

However, I predict that as a little time passes, and some actual Black Professional women gather their ire, this will not be the end of this issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-12-2015, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For what it is worth, an old friend from college, posted this.

http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-statement-on-rachel-dolezal

June 12, 2015

Baltimore, MD – For 106 years, the National  Association for the Advancement of Colored People has held a long and proud tradition of receiving support from people of all faiths, races, colors and creeds. NAACP Spokane Washington Branch President Rachel Dolezal is enduring a legal issue with her family, and we respect her privacy in this matter. One’s racial identity is not a qualifying criteria or disqualifying standard for NAACP leadership.  The NAACP Alaska-Oregon-Washington State Conference stands behind Ms. Dolezal’s advocacy record.  In every corner of this country, the NAACP remains committed to securing political, educational, and economic justice for all people, and we encourage Americans of all stripes to become members and serve as leaders in our organization.

Hate language sent through mail and social media along with credible threats continue to be a serious issue for our units in the Pacific Northwest and across the nation. We take all threats seriously  and encourage the FBI and the Department of Justice to fully investigate each occurrence.

At least, at this point, the NAACP is treating this as a non-issue.

However, I predict that as a little time passes, and some actual Black Professional women gather their ire, this will not be the end of this issue.

Don't they sort of have to play it off as a non-issue? 
(06-12-2015, 09:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Don't they sort of have to play it off as a non-issue? 

Yeah, college buddy and I had a chuckle about that. (he is black, I'm white)  He said that they are likely pissed about it, but will sit on it for a few weeks, until the news coverage passes by.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Talk about 'passing', eh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
You would think that her being from Montana would have been a clue.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

This is quite possibly one of the funniest things I have seen in my lifetime.

The head of the NAACP is a white person.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-12-2015, 03:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ha!  Last day.  So friggin hot outside we're staying in so I got the wife's laptop out!   Smirk

It was nice not arguing with people for a week!  Rock On

You come to Florida? If so spend lots of money. ... Keep my taxes low.
(06-12-2015, 10:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You would think that her being from Montana would have been a clue.

Heck yeah ain't no brothers in Montana haha  c'mon man
I am going to now self identify as black for the jokes.
(06-12-2015, 10:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is quite possibly one of the funniest things I have seen in my lifetime.

The head of the NAACP is a white person.

What's funny is that if they fire her or force her to resign are they being racist? .... They must have thought she was doing a good job.
On the surface it is obviously very funny and a little bit crazy. But when you step back and look at the big picture there is really nothing wrong with a white person working for the advancement of minorities. The on;ly thing that makes it crazy is the fact that she tried to pass herself off as being black.
(06-13-2015, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On the surface it is obviously very funny and a little bit crazy.  But when you step back and look at the big picture there is really nothing wrong with a white person working for the advancement of minorities.  The on;ly thing that makes it crazy is the fact that she tried to pass herself off as being black.

Thanks captain

[Image: 090914_Signals_promo.png?itok=_ldGivqv]
(06-12-2015, 11:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's funny is that if they fire her or force her to resign are they being racist? .... They must have thought she was doing a good job.

They are really in a catch 22. They can't fire her because she's white and then suggest they are against racism; but, they can't keep a white person as their head and state they promote the Advancement of Colored People. 

(06-12-2015, 01:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So if she identifies as black do we have to treat her as such?  

Since i guess you can identify as anything now these days.    

If she can't then if she did put herself down as black anywhere would that be fraud?

How are we supposed to treat black people any differently than any other race?
(06-13-2015, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They are really in a catch 22. They can't fire her because she's white and then suggest they are against racism; but, they can't keep a white person as their head and state they promote the Advancement of Colored People. 

A white lady can't work at the NAACP? Does this mean a black lady can't work at Cracker Barrel?
(06-13-2015, 06:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A white lady can't work at the NAACP? Does this mean a black lady can't work at Cracker Barrel?

Sure she can. As a matter of fact the President of the Maricopa County chapter in Arizona is a white Jewish man. Doesn't mean the organization isn't in a sticky situation here.

(06-12-2015, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You come to Florida?  If so spend lots of money. ... Keep my taxes low.

Rehoboth.

Oh, its known for his gay community.   Smirk

Very family friendly.  You should try it.  You might expand what you think about the gheys.   ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2015, 04:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Where are you?

Went to Rehoboth with my family for the week.

Logged out of all social media until Friday...best week of the year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.