Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racist dichotomy
(07-22-2016, 12:57 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Black absorbs all light because black is every color.

It seems to me if you mix all the colors you get something closer to black.  So where the hell does white paint come from? Hilarious
--------------------------------------------------------

It occurs to me that if you turn out the lights, all you see is black. Therefore, black is the only legit color and all other colors are posers.

(07-22-2016, 01:03 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It seems to me if you mix all the colors you get something closer to black.  So where the hell does white paint come from? Hilarious

It is paint that lacks pigment.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-22-2016, 01:03 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It seems to me if you mix all the colors you get something closer to black.  So where the hell does white paint come from? Hilarious
Western and eastern Europe, the United States, the footprint of Christianity.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-22-2016, 01:10 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It is paint that lacks pigment.

How do they remove the pigment?  Confused

"...Therefore, the only method of making purely white paint is to use a single compound that reflects red, green and blue light, which appears white to the human eye.

However, in additive color mixing, in which wavelengths are emitted rather than absorbed, the opposite is true. If red, green and blue spotlights converge on the same spot, their combination is white. This principle is used in televisions, fluorescent lamps and computer monitors."

"...You might think white paint doesn't contain any color so it doesn't need any pigment. Actually, it needs as much pigment as any other paint. Titanium white paint is so-called because it's made with titanium dioxide pigment."

(07-22-2016, 01:27 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: How do they remove the pigment?  Confused

"...Therefore, the only method of making purely white paint is to use a single compound that reflects red, green and blue light, which appears white to the human eye.

However, in additive color mixing, in which wavelengths are emitted rather than absorbed, the opposite is true. If red, green and blue spotlights converge on the same spot, their combination is white. This principle is used in televisions, fluorescent lamps and computer monitors."

"...You might think white paint doesn't contain any color so it doesn't need any pigment. Actually, it needs as much pigment as any other paint. Titanium white paint is so-called because it's made with titanium dioxide pigment."

Interesting.  Makes sense it alters the light to reflect back the wavelengths that create white in the light medium.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Thankfully the Internet wasn't around the first time I smoked weed.
(07-22-2016, 07:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Thankfully the Internet wasn't around the first time I smoked weed.

I haven't smoked in over 27 years!
White people are not white.
(07-22-2016, 11:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I disagree. The ability for us to see a color is based on the light spectrum that is reflected back at us and picked up by the rods and cones in our eyes and then translated by the brain. Colors will absorb certain wavelengths and reflect others resulting in their specific color. So what is reflected is what our brain translates into color. White reflects all wavelengths, meaning it is all colors. Black reflects none, so it is the absence of color.

Two different things here....EM wavelengths in which white light contains all visible colors. This is proven by the fact that you can direct a white light through a prism and it will split the wavelengths into their component colors showing a rainbow:

[Image: Prism-Refracted-Light.jpg]

It is also true that the colors we see are the result of the EM wavelengths reflected to the receptors in our eyes. The second part is pigments created by mixing colors. If you mix all pigments together you will get black. Lack of pigments will be white.

So both are correct.....white light contains all colors, while white pigments contain no colors.
(07-22-2016, 11:27 AM)jason Wrote: I know a black guy who can't dance.

I know a white guy who can.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll