Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals chess champion
(01-06-2022, 06:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I read Chabon's Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, and loved it, but I never got around to that book or any of his other works.  Maybe in retirement.   

I have read everything he has written.  I can't really pick one favorite but Kavalier & Clay is one of his best.

Sorry to take this thread OT.  Back to Bengals and chess.  .  . 

Rumor has it that Awuzie demands to be called "Grandmaster Flash" in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've always wanted to learn the game, but never has the patience of someone to play against. I guess you can learn it online nowadays.

a girl I work with from the Philippines became a chess master online in a much shorter time than I expected. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was taught at a young age. Really do enjoy the game but like someone else mentioned screw playing it online.

That said I haven't played in years cause who has the time to sit down and play it LOL
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We're not talking about Canadian rules chess.  They play real chess in the locker room.

Americans have too little respect for The Crown to fully embrace chess. 

As for playing chess...let's just say that i don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 07:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Americans have too little respect for The Crown to fully embrace chess. 

As for playing chess...let's just say that i don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating.

So we'll let you watch. We will invite you, but the queens we use will not excite you.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Good on Chido, not an easy game. He must be very patient which is a great thing to have, patience.

I am alright at Chess, but then I get impatient lol
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good on Chido, not an easy game. He must be very patient which is a great thing to have, patience.

I am alright at Chess, but then I get impatient lol

It is very easy to figure out players who are moving Chess pieces, the problem is when the player knows why he is moving them.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:12 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I was taught at a young age. Really do enjoy the game but like someone else mentioned screw playing it online.

That said I haven't played in years cause who has the time to sit down and play it LOL

You make the time...

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm going to have to re-watch The Queens Gambit.
Reply/Quote
Joe is coming for Chidobe. He said they've played twice. The first time he got beat pretty badly. 2nd time he put pressure on him. 3rd time, he said will be different...he had that look in his eye. Joe does not like to lose

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I like to watch them play speed chess.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Were you ever roasted on an open fire?

I don't know why, but this struck me as so funny that I almost spit coffee on the screen.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote: The self-proclaimed chess champion in the Bengals locker room is Awuzie...so there is a game JoeyB can lose at

You definitely are the board's version of Adam Schefter.   Hilarious

This is a cool share as I remember Chido taunting "the board" when he first arrived.  I guess he backed up his talk.  
Reply/Quote
Chido talks shit about chess and beating Burrow, Burrow destroys him in 3 moves.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
At Burrow's press conference yesterday he acknowledged losing a game but also putting pressure on him in a follow up game. Burrow mentioned he thinks their future games together will have different outcomes. It was all in good fun and it seems to be a locker room thing they enjoy, but you couldn't help sense Burrow is ready to beat Chido in the spirit of competition. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
For you chess buffs:

Tata Steel Chess 2022
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote