Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams D-line versus Bengals O-line
I am a little worried about this match up.

There is no way we should lose to the Rams, but their one strength (D-line) is coming to town at a time when our O-line is struggling.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a little worried about this match up.

There is no way we should lose to the Rams, but their one strength (D-line) is coming to town at a time when our O-line is struggling.

hopefully Quinn is still out

but flipping this around our goal should be to stop the run and make whatever QB they have beat us
Reply/Quote
We need to be able to establish some sort of running game. Hopefully we dedicate to the run this week.
Reply/Quote
It certainly has the potential to be ugly if the Bengals OL looks like they have the last two weeks. St Louis is 5th in sacks. Aaron Donald is going to steal Bodine's lunch money.

Doesn't mean the Bengals will lose (they shouldn't since their QBs are a joke), but Dalton is probably going to have to come in expecting some ugly looking pockets.

Bright side: Gurley is struggling pretty badly right now, with only 2.6 YPC against the Ravens last week. Hopefully they can shut him down and make Keenum or Foles beat them. (Lol, Keenum or Foles)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We need to be able to establish some sort of running game. Hopefully we dedicate to the run this week.

idk if this is the DL to run against.

But if we can thats a big step
Reply/Quote
If the Rams put Donald over Bodine, I fear for Dalton.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We probably will need to have Hewitt in for a lot of snaps and use him to support Bodine on blocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hewitt and Hill need a good look early, and I mean a good look. Don't go away from it too quickly. Of course, if it's just not going, let's not keep beating our head against the wall.
Reply/Quote
My biggest fear is Donald blowing up Bodine and then Andy gets hurt like Flacco did last week. I think they should play max protect with Fisher, and have either Zeitler or Boling help Bodine with Donald.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If the Rams put Donald over Bodine, I fear for Dalton.

To me it isn't primarily an insult to Bodine, the dude is just amazing.

Geno v. Geno 2.0 has me hyped from a pure football perspective though.
Reply/Quote
Quick Screens and/or shuttle passes to GIO

The ultimate equalizer

Why this doesn't happen 5+ time per game is beyond me

Let them come and last minute toss it to GIO like the 30 (?) yard play against the Cards

That play will drive them MAD while netting us nothing but positive yards
Reply/Quote
No worries. Ogbehueilewydewy should be active this week, right? I'm sure he can come right in and play right away at an elite level. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Quinn/Whomever will be neutralised by Whitworth
Brockers and Boling will have a great matchup all game. Brockers Bodine will see losses on run plays.
Donald Bodine will see sacs and pressures. Donald Zeitler will be a slugfest.
Long will be neutralised by Smith/Winston.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The rams are going to blitz our butts off. That has shown to give us problems in the last few games. Teams will continue to do so until we can stop it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a little worried about this match up.

Im more worried about another post of you in a wife beater with that, "Wanna play naked twister big boy?" look!

[Image: HPIM1487_1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We need to be able to establish some sort of running game.   Hopefully we dedicate to the run this week.

This.  We have been saying it for a while now.  Only until they acquired two losses did this really get moved to the forefront.  Without the threat of the running game against the Texans, they dropped two safeties deep, and their LBs were more concerned with rallying to tackle short passes than the run game.  

The run game was a little bit better against the Cardinals, but it still wasn't enough.  

There is a 20% chance of rain Sunday (thank God, it was like 90% a few days ago) and the high is going to be in the forties.  Now is the time to start being able to get first downs on third-and-two with a power run.  Now is the time the Bengals run the ball three straight times and it moves the chains.  Their offensive line has always been better pass protectors than run blockers, but this will help them in both respects.  

It may not be sexy, but they need to commit to the run and stay with it.  Heck, I would even give Burkhead a few snaps.  It is getting to the point where he is only used as a receiver.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:33 AM)Beaker Wrote: The rams are going to blitz our butts off. That has shown to give us problems in the last few games. Teams will continue to do so until we can stop it.

Then screen our butts off....not just to RBs, but to the TEs.  Let's see how those tiny DBs like tackling Eifert and Kroft with a full head of steam and blockers.  
Reply/Quote
Should have posted that article here...

The Bears beat up on the Rams defense by playing the game out of various 12 personnel formations (one running back and two tight ends). Gregg Williams' defense gets the most pressure by attacking with exotic blitzes against three and four wide receiver sets. Chicago used their TE's to keep the Rams defense from getting really crazy with the blitzing, and then attacked that base defense with the quick, underneath passing game... I think we can do the same with Eifert, Hewitt, and Gio.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We need to be able to establish some sort of running game.   Hopefully we dedicate to the run this week.
I definitely agree. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:38 AM)GodFather Wrote: Im more worried about another post of you in a wife beater with that, "Wanna play naked twister big boy?" look!

[Image: HPIM1487_1.jpg]

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying when that was in the small avatar size I was pretty sure it was a picture of the Iron Shiek.
Reply/Quote