Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams "paid off" to draft Michael Sam?
It seems the Rams were offered a deal with the league to draft Sam, and are now being tossed under the bus......Goodell needs the axe if this is legit.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-made-deal-with-rams-over-selecting-sam/ar-BBqQMlD?li=BBnbfcL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 08:59 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It seems the Rams were offered a deal with the league to draft Sam, and are now being tossed under the bus......Goodell needs the axe if this is legit.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-made-deal-with-rams-over-selecting-sam/ar-BBqQMlD?li=BBnbfcL

something about avoiding hard knocks.... yeah it was a PR stunt then for sure.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like conspiracy theory BS to me.

1. If Fisher hated Hard Knocks so much then he would not have agreed to it this year. The only reason he did not want it back then was because Sam was there. So he had nothing to gain by not taking Sam. If he had not taken Sam he would have had no reason to not want to be on Hard Knocks.

2. The part at the end about the NFL also paying off other teams to pick different players is ridiculous. The fact that an unsigned free agent got a better deal than a late seventh round pick makes perfect sense when you realize the free agent can take competitive bids for his services while a draft pick can't.

I think the fact that he played at Missouri may have had something to do with the Rams taking him. But there is no evidnce of any deal with the NFL to give Fisher something he did not even want in order to draft Sam.
Reply/Quote
I really dislike Goodell. He's such a prick.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sounds like conspiracy theory BS to me.

1.  If Fisher hated Hard Knocks so much then he would not have agreed to it this year.  The only reason he did not want it back then was because Sam was there.  So he had nothing to gain by not taking Sam.  If he had not taken Sam he would have had no reason to not want to be on Hard Knocks.

2.  The part at the end about the NFL also paying off other teams to pick different players is ridiculous.  The fact that an unsigned free agent got a better deal than a late seventh round pick makes perfect sense when you realize the free agent can take competitive bids for his services while a draft pick can't.

I think the fact that he played at Missouri may have had something to do with the Rams taking him.  But there is no evidnce of any deal with the NFL to give Fisher something he did not even want in order to draft Sam.

Probably so, Fisher has since said the claim is ridiculous after this article was "printed".......Goodell is still a turd though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 12:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: ...Goodell is still a turd though.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
Goodell is not doing well as commisioner.

I wouldn't put it past him or the league. Probably did happen.

Lets be honest here no team wanted him on their team. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 07:20 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Goodell is not doing well as commisioner.

I wouldn't put it past him or the league. Probably did happen.

Lets be honest here no team wanted him on their team. 

Cowboys gave him a shot even after the rams cut him.

If the NFL had put in a fix it would have been to get Sam a roster spot.  Could you imagine all the praise and good publicity the NFL would get for accepting a gay player.  Instead they have people claiming that he was just cut because the NFL is anti-gay.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cowboys gave him a shot even after the rams cut him.

And he still sucked balls  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I believe it; The Rams were very deep on Defensive line so it did not make much sense for him to be drafted. I think him actually being drafted hurt him more than if he was an undated free agent for that very reason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not too surprised. There were rumors that the league was calling teams, after the Rams cut Sam, to see if they could find a spot for him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:17 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: And he still sucked balls  Ninja

Despite his inner desire.. I'm not sure he got any sacks Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 09:17 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: And he still sucked balls  Ninja

The man has convictions.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Tony Dungy was right.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 12:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Rock On

Probably so, Fisher has since said the claim is ridiculous after this article was "printed".......Goodell is still a turd though.

(03-24-2016, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Tony Dungy was right.

No he wasn't.

If the NFL put in a fix sam would have made a team.  The way it worked out people criticized the league when he got cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 11:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he wasn't.

If the NFL put in a fix sam would have made a team.  The way it worked out people criticized the league when he got cut.

Sure he was. He said Sam wasn't worth being drafted; especially given the circus that would follow. Here we are a few years later and we are still getting a franchise accused of misconduct.

Reply/Quote
I don't put anything past the league when it comes to doing anything to attract new customers. Case in point, all the little pink items worn by players over the years to supposedly support breast cancer awareness. The entire notion of X awareness is a money making scam. Does breast cancer exist? Yes. People are aware of it. The whole thing with the NFL and breast cancer awareness was to attract women viewers and sell them "gear" such as jerseys and anything else that they can slap a team logo on.
If the league thought getting new elderly people to buy crap would be a money maker they'd introduce officially licensed NFL logo emblazoned Depends..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure he was. He said Sam wasn't worth being drafted; especially given the circus that would follow. Here we are a few years later and we are still getting a franchise accused of misconduct.

Dungy said that Michael Sam absolutely deserved a shot to play in the NFL.  

What Dungy was wrong about was his claim that the publicity of having Sam in camp would hurt the team.  He was wrong.  There was no damage from the publicity of having Sam in training camp.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dungy said that Michael Sam absolutely deserved a shot to play in the NFL.  

What Dungy was wrong about was his claim that the publicity of having Sam in camp would hurt the team.  He was wrong.  There was no damage from the publicity of having Sam in training camp.

uuuuuhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...........You might want to read the OP.

Reply/Quote