Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ramsey in Dre out.
I know I am just dreaming but why don't the Bengals do trades like the rest of the NFL? I know Ramsey is a head case but if he wasn't he wouldn't be available. Dre is crap and he proves it week in and week out. Ramsey plays with a chip on his shoulder which is a valuable asset for a CB you can leave on an island. If they gave up a first rounder ,so what. Our first rounders have been terrible anyway.
Reply/Quote
If they were thinking about upgrading the roster, they'd go after Trent.

I don't think they are looking. Ramsey is about to be a Raven (book it) and the division is likely getting out of reach for the Bengals for the next 5 years as you see these teams build.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
People really need to be more specific in their thread titles. This should have been obviously framed as a question, as to not make us think some mega trade went down.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 09:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to be more specific in their thread titles. This should have been obviously framed as a question, as to not make us think some mega trade went down.

Any other fanbase message board maybe, but we around here should know better.

Reply/Quote
This is the only franchise I know in the NFL that
When good to elite players are available
In a trade the Bengals simply don't even bother to
Even look into it.
They believe what they have on their PS is better
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 09:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to be more specific in their thread titles. This should have been obviously framed as a question, as to not make us think some mega trade went down.

damn click bait.
Reply/Quote
Dre out Ramsey in? So trade a guy that can’t cover or tackle for a guy that can sign me up.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:05 AM)impactplaya Wrote: This is the only franchise I know in the NFL that
When  good to elite players are available
Even look into it.

well lets look at it this way if your talking about Trent  the redskins wont deal..... yet at least.

If your talking about ramsey…   While it would be an upgrade    is it really the piece we are missing?   based on last week 1 new corner back isn't gonna fix our issues lol.       

But if we looking at adding talent right now it has to be LB or OT (at least if we are trying to turn this season around and not just load up for next)
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:05 AM)impactplaya Wrote: This is the only franchise I know in the NFL that
Even look into it.

Gotta keep those precious draft picks and cap space for future extensions, ya know.

In regards to Trent Williams though, he becomes a FA after 2020.
If the team wants to try to go deep in the playoffs with the core they have now, Trent Williams makes a lot of sense.
Trent at LT, put Glenn at LG when he comes back, and put Jonah Williams at RT when he comes back.
If they are more focused on rebuilding for a few years, Trent Williams doesn't make sense. Fans won't be in favor of that though given how the past few years have gone. If they go this route, they better cut Glenn after this season to save $9.5 mill.

As for Jalen Ramsey, he's going to end up costing about the same amount as a franchise LT once his rookie deal is up. I'd rather trade for a proven OT than a CB, as CBs seem easier to find good ones in the draft. I also don't see the Bengals trading for Ramsey when WJ3 is set to hit FA after 2020, who is likely going to get a big payday. Given the Bengals' history, they likely will want to extend him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If they did go after Ramsey, Dre would likely have to go. The 5th year option on Ramsey's contract for next season is $13.7M. So, they would likely have to work out an extension, or face losing him in FA, and still looking for a top flight CB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Even look into it.

We traded for Glenn just last year.

What other NFL team has traded for trent.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We traded for Glenn just last year.

Only because we didn't have to give up a precious pick.

Reply/Quote
Dre is untradable with his deal. A first rounder may not be enough to get Ramsey consider it took that much to get Fitzpatrick. This team isn't close to competitive yet to be trading away assets. It's needs to hit it's picks and sign guys like this to big deals on FA
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 09:10 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I know I am just dreaming but why don't the Bengals do trades like the rest of the NFL?

We traded for Reggie Nelson, Deltha Oneil, Brian Leonard, and Cordy Glenn.

We traded away Keith Rivers, Ocho, and Palmer.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Ramsey the one that got AJ's feathers ruffled and made him look bad with a unsportsman-like conduct penalty?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:02 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Wasn't Ramsey the one that got AJ's feathers ruffled and made him look bad with a unsportsman-like conduct penalty?

Yes. Dude is a stud corner, no doubting that.

I don't think this deal would be beneficial at the moment. We are too far away from competing to just trade away what is likely a high first round pick. Use it to draft a lineman, LB or QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:12 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yes. Dude is a stud corner, no doubting that.

I don't think this deal would be beneficial at the moment. We are too far away from competing to just trade away what is likely a high first round pick. Use it to draft a lineman, LB or QB. 

I don't buy into that logic.  The Bengals have no problems with spending 1st round picks on CBs, we have 3 of them currently on the team.  Ramsey is already proven and established, if the management likes him, they should get him.  However, in doing that, they're not going to get 4-5 years of cheap services from him.

Is paying more for a guaranteed commodity better than drafting and taking a chance that guys like Dennard and Kirkpatrick may or may not develop into anything special?  Teams like the Patriots and Steelers certainly think so, but what do they know?  They've only won a dozen Superbowls between them..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ramsey wants to win. I doubt he'd be happy here.

Plus, our 1st Round pick should be Top 10. Maybe Top 5. That's the starting point for what they'd want.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well lets look at it this way if your talking about Trent  the redskins wont deal..... yet at least.

If your talking about ramsey…   While it would be an upgrade    is it really the piece we are missing?   based on last week 1 new corner back isn't gonna fix our issues lol.       

But if we looking at adding talent right now it has to be LB or OT (at least if we are trying to turn this season around and not just load up for next)

True! But I’m sure at some point we will draft a DB next draft. The thing that bugs me about this team is their stubbornness to build threw the draft but not add pieces along the way. Ramsey may not be a priority now but we could use that pick elsewhere where it’s truly needed come draft time.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ramsey wants to win. I doubt he'd be happy here.

Plus, our 1st Round pick should be Top 10. Maybe Top 5. That's the starting point for what they'd want.

Idc how good he is, a CB is not worth a top 5 pick +.

If we pick that high things will obviously continue to go terribly wrong the rest of the season. At that point grab a top QB and let him sit behind Dalton one year, and go from there.

Reply/Quote