Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramsey opens up on AJ dispute
(11-09-2017, 02:43 PM)jason Wrote: He did say something about it. Ragdolling a grown man and raining blows to his head and neck area was all that needed said.

Punching the side of a helmet that the other guy never felt and getting the best weapon that his team has kicked out of a game that was still very winnable at that point, isn't much of a statement.  
Reply/Quote
I would say the bottom line is we will probably never hear Ajs name mentioned in an incident like this again, but we will hear Ramsey's. Punks will be punks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Lock him down how?  He caught a pass and beat him on another one that Andy threw horribly on how many pass attempts?  How many of those pass attempts did Andy have to get rid of the ball in half a second as well?

And AJ is weak and soft?  You're agreeing with that as well because that's the part I quoted.

No, of course I don't think AJ Green is weak and soft. I think he's underrated compared to some of the more talked about WRs in the league.

But Ramsey gets credit for only allowing 2 attempts. If you listen to some NFL minds this week, they've said that Ramsey was locking him down. It happens dude, elite CBs in this league are pretty good, and Ramsey is definitely in that class.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:26 PM)Benton Wrote: What cause? He didn't get suspended and they weren't going to un-eject him.

Really, there's no reason for him to go public with it and bring his wife into it. As soon as he does, someone would be calling her for a comment, discussing her in the media, etc.

The cause? I'm talking in the court of public opinion.....Explaining why he let himself, the best player and weapon on the team, get thrown out of a game that was still winnable. I'm a huge AJ fan, but without a good excuse, the only thing he accomplished was hurting the team's ability to win.

Ramsey has publicly denied saying anything personal about AJ's family. AJ hasn't said anything about that not being true. 

It's amazing...some fan starts a rumor that some other fan said he heard Ramsey say he was going to rape AJ's wife (or some BS like that) and people actually believe it.  As if a fan, regardless of where they're sitting, can hear two players talking to each other on the field.  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:42 PM)thillan Wrote: No, of course I don't think AJ Green is weak and soft. I think he's underrated compared to some of the more talked about WRs in the league.

But Ramsey gets credit for only allowing 2 attempts. If you listen to some NFL minds this week, they've said that Ramsey was locking him down. It happens dude, elite CBs in this league are pretty good, and Ramsey is definitely in that class.

What I'm saying is you can't go by 15 total offensive plays in which he was open in at least two of them and not all of them were passes and not all of them would there have been any time to get open.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:59 PM)BMK Wrote: The cause? I'm talking in the court of public opinion.....Explaining why he let himself, the best player and weapon on the team, get thrown out of a game that was still winnable. I'm a huge AJ fan, but without a good excuse, the only thing he accomplished was hurting the team's ability to win.

Ramsey has publicly denied saying anything personal about AJ's family. AJ hasn't said anything about that not being true. 

It's amazing...some fan starts a rumor that some other fan said he heard Ramsey say he was going to rape AJ's wife (or some BS like that) and people actually believe it.  As if a fan, regardless of where they're sitting, can hear two players talking to each other on the field.  

The court of public opinion ended sometime Monday.  Some babbling sportscasters may bring it up, but nobody else cares what happened between a Bengal and a Jaguar.  This isn't Beckham attacking Norman.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:59 PM)BMK Wrote: The cause? I'm talking in the court of public opinion.....Explaining why he let himself, the best player and weapon on the team, get thrown out of a game that was still winnable. I'm a huge AJ fan, but without a good excuse, the only thing he accomplished was hurting the team's ability to win.

AJ has already stated that he didn’t say anything personal, that it was the shoving that pushed him over the top
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

But "a fan" from the stand heard that Ramsey will rape AJ's wife.... It's gotta be true. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:43 PM)Bangayle Wrote: But "a fan" from the stand heard that Ramsey will rape AJ's wife.... It's gotta be true. 

How's the weather in Fla?

Reply/Quote
Given AJ's age, he is at the peak of his career, so if Ramsey said something about that, it's true. Andy has to get the ball to him somehow, someway.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:27 PM)BMK Wrote:  Punching the side of a helmet that the other guy never felt and getting the best weapon that his team has kicked out of a game that was still very winnable at that point, isn't much of a statement.  

That helmet saved his life as he was in prime "get beat to death position". That game wasn't winnable either... 23-7.

Ramsey is a young chump running his yap because he got embarrassed. The fact that he ran toward the Bengals locker room to "get" AJ is laughable.

One guy is still talking about it. The other is embarrassed for his actions... Actually they are both embarrassed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would say the bottom line is we will probably never hear Ajs name mentioned in an incident like this again, but we will hear Ramsey's.  Punks will be punks.

This 

So yes I will stick by AJ 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
From 34inXXIII This morning on Facebook:

[Image: 23376481_10213145149936763_6233757744913...e=5A6B6C8E]

Ramsey is now reporting he has a going issue...

LINK

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: That helmet saved his life as he was in prime "get beat to death position". That game wasn't winnable either... 23-7.

Ramsey is a young chump running his yap because he got embarrassed. The fact that he ran toward the Bengals locker room to "get" AJ is laughable.

One guy is still talking about it. The other is embarrassed for his actions... Actually they are both embarrassed.
The whole Bengals organization got embarrassed... Well maybe not Marvs because he doesn't care. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:50 PM)Bangayle Wrote: The whole Bengals organization got embarrassed... Well maybe not Marvs because he doesn't care. 

Ol' Merv was asleep on the sidelines when the main event happened!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 07:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ol' Merv was asleep on the sidelines when the main event happened!!! Hilarious

Actually, I saw him clapping and mouthing "Let's go." as it was occurring.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 03:06 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, if your top WR is only getting 2 targets, then that means that the corner is not giving you an open pass. A lot of that is because Dalton can't throw there due to good coverage. 

Ramsey won the war man. I love AJ and don't think any less of him after this, but elite corners get the job done. I actually believe we have a potential one in WJIII, but somehow our own coaches can't see it.

Ramsey's SIDE won the war.  Ramsey didn't himself.  Ramsey could have never gotten within 20 yards of AJ and the results would have been about the same.  Dalton was under WAY too much duress for Ramsey to try and take ANY credit for Green's numbers in that game.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote:  That game wasn't winnable either... 23-7.

The score was 13-7 when AJ got booted. Definitely winnable at that point.  If Andy hadn't thrown that ball into the 3rd row, the Bengals have the lead at the half.

They couldn't score another point with AJ spending the second half in the showers. Who knows what would have happened if AJ was in there for the whole  game...especially since he already proved he could beat Ramsey deep.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:50 PM)Bangayle Wrote: The whole Bengals organization got embarrassed... Well maybe not Marvs because he doesn't care. 

No seriously. Run back to your Jags board and giggle about how you infiltrated the Bengals board.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:42 PM)thillan Wrote: No, of course I don't think AJ Green is weak and soft. I think he's underrated compared to some of the more talked about WRs in the league.

Hell no.  Our OLine was locking him down.  And the triple coverage might have something to do with it too.  No team, no CB stops AJ one on one.  Every team rolls coverage to him.  The one time I saw him one on one was when AJ was running by him deep.

The closest one guy ever came was Joe Haden and he always had help deep too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote