Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rand Paul assault was politically motivated by Bernie Supprter
(11-06-2017, 02:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's why I'm saying it might have something to do with kids.  Or Rand made some comment about the guy's kids/grandkids.  Usually if someone comes up and jumps someone like that it's because they heard about something the guy said.

Of course, it would be typical of a politician to say he was just mowing the grass....and lying/ignoring an argument that preceded the fight.

Can't believe no one has made a joke yet about Paul's "National Ophthalmology Board"

I've joked about the fake ophthalmology board in the past.
(11-06-2017, 03:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Then you can show us the origin of the report stating the FBI claimed the attack was politically motivated.

Feel free to click the link and look. It’s not my job to hold your hand and show you how to search the Internet.

Just pretend you are searching me on this board.
(11-06-2017, 03:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Then you can show us the origin of the report stating the FBI claimed the attack was politically motivated.

http://www.wnky.com/story/36764458/senator-paul-assaulted-at-home-in-bowling-green

Quote:WNKY has learned that Boucher is the Senator’s neighbor. The FBI believe that the attack was politically motivated.

As I said, WNKY seems to be the only one with this FBI info. Their story was one of the earliest (which would make me believe their claim about the FBI is bogus) and hasn't been updated in days (which really makes me think their FBI claim was bogus).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-06-2017, 04:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Feel free to click the link and look. It’s not my job to hold your hand and show you how to search the Internet.

Just pretend you are searching me on this board.

I did click the link and look. There isn't any source to the original reporting as you claimed. So I thought I would give you the opportunity to show me where DW indicated the source reporting in case I missed it.
(11-06-2017, 03:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is all I have ever asked from the media.  

And the reason I support those outlets who are not afraid to tell me they are biased.

I must say, I would have serious misgivings about any news source claiming to be biased. 
What exactly does that mean?

Is anyone trying not to be biased?  Fair and balanced? 
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rand-paul-attack-mystery-over-044219115.html

According to another neighbor, the two feuded for years and trash blowing on the neighbor's yard sparked the perfect form tackle heard across the Bluegrass state. While Boucher's (rhymes with name of famed Waterboy) lawyer denies it was politically motivated.

As any Bengals fan will tell you, we take trash on the lawn very seriously.

I would like to thank both the Daily Wire for making shit up and Lucie for posting more made up bullshit. But, at least we know DW makes up bullshit for their stories.
(11-07-2017, 03:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would like to thank both the Daily Wire for making shit up and Lucie for posting more made up bullshit. 

might be better than the fake haircut story fueled by a facebook post
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

#fakenewsbylucie
(11-07-2017, 03:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would like to thank both the Daily Wire for making shit up and Lucie for posting more made up bullshit. But, at least we know DW makes up bullshit for their stories.

To be fair, DW had a local news source for their claim. The amount of effort the blog put into making sure it was accurate, since this was the only source making the claim, is uncertain. But it isn't guaranteed that they purposely sought out the one news report that said what they wanted it to say and ignored all of the others giving contrary information in an effort to rouse the naive readership into believing such things.
If it were proven that it was politically motivated, it should be prosecuted as a hate crime. I feel that should be the case in ANY event where differing political opinions lead to violence. People have a right to safely express their opinions, even if they're lower than pond scum.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
(11-07-2017, 06:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If it were proven that it was politically motivated, it should be prosecuted as a hate crime. I feel that should be the case in ANY event where differing political opinions lead to violence. People have a right to safely express their opinions, even if they're lower than pond scum.

LOL

Rand's not that bad.
(11-07-2017, 06:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If it were proven that it was politically motivated, it should be prosecuted as a hate crime. I feel that should be the case in ANY event where differing political opinions lead to violence. People have a right to safely express their opinions, even if they're lower than pond scum.

Roto, long time no see. Where you been?

Political ideology, while protected under the first amendment, is not a universally protected class. The FBI only defines hate crimes as those motivated by " race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity".

I've always found that interesting that you can legally be discriminated against for your political views in a number of places. Seems completely wrong. 

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-08-2017, 10:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Political ideology, while protected under the first amendment, is not a universally protected class. The FBI only defines hate crimes as those motivated by " race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity".

I've always found that interesting that you can legally be discriminated against for your political views in a number of places. Seems completely wrong. 

Judge Nap was going over the ways this could go down and it’s federal if it was done to prevent him from going to work.

I agree not a hate crime. But honestly hate crimes shouldn’t even be a thing..... that would be another thread topic for later.
(11-07-2017, 06:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: To be fair, DW had a local news source for their claim. The amount of effort the blog put into making sure it was accurate, since this was the only source making the claim, is uncertain. But it isn't guaranteed that they purposely sought out the one news report that said what they wanted it to say and ignored all of the others giving contrary information in an effort to rouse the naive readership into believing such things.

To be fair, it isn't guaranteed they purposely sought this source out to rouse their native readership, but it is guaranteed they ran with the only source claiming it was politically motivated despite a plethora of sources stating the motive was unclear in an effort to rouse their native readership. As Lucie stated, we know their slant. We know their methods. We know at least one result; a DW native reader spreading their misinformation in an attempt to make people believe it.
(11-08-2017, 12:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: To be fair, it isn't guaranteed they purposely sought this source out to rouse their native readership, but it is guaranteed they ran with the only source claiming it was politically motivated despite a plethora of sources stating the motive was unclear in an effort to rouse their native readership. As Lucie stated, we know their slant. We know their methods. We know at least one result; a DW native reader spreading their misinformation in an attempt to make people believe it.

LOL That's kind of how it works. The DW grabs a source that supports its worldview. Doesn't wait for further reporting, doesn't vet, puts it out for a readership with the same worldview. They also don't wait for further reporting, don't vet, put it out for more readers. Voila, we have another desperately needed thread on Dem violence. 
(11-08-2017, 03:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Roto, long time no see. Where you been?
I've been getting deeper into politics and with helping candidates. Currently, I am assisting two friends. One is running for Chairman of the Libertarian National Committee and the other is running (although not formally declared) for Vice-Chair. In August, I was voted into the Central Committee for the Libertarian Party of Ohio. I may become a delegate for Ohio and possibly a delegate for each of the 3 caucuses I belong to.

Other than the political stuff, my wife and I purchased new Mustang GTs, each. We're having a lot of fun with those.
:)

(11-09-2017, 02:53 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've been getting deeper into politics and with helping candidates. Currently, I am assisting two friends. One is running for Chairman of the Libertarian National Committee and the other is running (although not formally declared) for Vice-Chair. In August, I was voted into the Central Committee for the Libertarian Party of Ohio. I may become a delegate for Ohio and possibly a delegate for each of the 3 caucuses I belong to.

Other than the political stuff, my wife and I purchased new Mustang GTs, each. We're having a lot of fun with those.
:)

Those cars are nice. Although I now get asked when we are going to get matching CTS’s lol.
[Image: tbl0604-1510226972235.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-09-2017, 06:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Those cars are nice. Although I now get asked when we are going to get matching CTS’s lol.
CTS's are sweet !
They need more horsepower though.
Wink