Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Fun Facts
I was reading about Christopher Guest today, as a result of references to Spinal Tap in another thread.

I came across some info I did not know about him, and it gave me the idea to start a thread where people can just post random facts they find interesting. (Only real facts please, not made up shit, let's not join the rest of the crazies proclaiming there are no such things as facts any more!) You can expand or comment on the facts others post or just reply with your own random fun fact.

So, here is the first random fun fact:

Christopher Guest is married to Jamie Lee Curtis.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Continuing off what you said.

Guest was Count Rugen in "The Princess Bride". His "boss" was the prince in that movie and that was Chris Sarandon, the ex-husband of Susan Sarandon. So the main two villains in that movie had/has a more famous wife.
Reply/Quote
Sea otters sleep holding hands.

[Image: Sea_otters_holding_hands.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 09:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sea otters sleep holding hands.

That's what I'm talking about.
Way cool!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Actor Paul Giamatti

[Image: paul-giamatti-2.jpg]

Is the son of former Major League Baseball commissioner Bart Giamatti.

[Image: 1379503523-a-bartlett-giamatti.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 09:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sea otters sleep holding hands.

Eagles mate in mid air.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Eagles mate in mid air.

Now that makes me proud to be an American! Cue the Lee Greenwood song and get me some video of eagles getting it on in mid air, asap!
Reply/Quote
In the film There's Something About Mary, Brett Farve's role was originally offered to Steve Young. He declined the offer because he thought the story was too raunchy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 12:10 PM)xxlt Wrote: ...get me some video of eagles getting it on in mid air, asap!

You won't get it.  Many birds including eagles, falcons and hummingbirds are rumored to do this but they don't.  What people have seen but misinterpreted is actually foreplay but the mating doesn't take place in the air, because it can't.  Why can't it?  Another "fun" fact.

Male birds don't have penises.  I don't know which is worse, not having one or being like a certain species of sea slug that actually ejects its penis from it's body to mate.  Of course that slug is found near Japan.  Why a friend of mine knew that is beyond me but now, so do you.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: In the film There's Something About Mary, Brett Farve's role was originally offered to Steve Young. He declined the offer because he thought the story was too raunchy.
That's the Utah coming out of him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If you have bad breath you're more likely to be bitten by a bat.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 07:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If you have bad breath you're more likely to be bitten by a bat.

But garlic repels vampires. How's that for a mystery?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 03:05 PM)xxlt Wrote: But garlic repels vampires. How's that for a mystery?

[Image: tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif]
Reply/Quote
Until 1928, women who wanted to swim at the beach in Atlantic City were required to wear stockings.
Reply/Quote
Theres a law in South Dakota that says, If three or more Indians are walking down the street together, they can be considered a war party and fired upon.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker’s stand, you can be fined $25.

It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.

It is illegal to get a fish drunk.

These are for Fred.   In Tennessee

Giving and receiving oral sex is still prohibited by law.

It is legal to gather and consume roadkill.

You can’t shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.  (ya'll got a lot of big whales down there?)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.

I spent way too long trying to work out the logistics of this!!!!

Sad
Reply/Quote
Polar Bear's whilst hunting will try to camouflage themselves by covering there noses with their paws.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.

I think there must be some dudes who have tried that - 'bout the only explanation for their stink.
Reply/Quote