Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Randy Bullock
We have a young (27) former 5th round pick who is currently a Bengal and is getting zero appreciation for the fine job he is doing. He's been a clear upgrade from Mike Nugent. In a competition he was meant to lose, he proved to be the more steady kicker and won the job. In 6 games, Randy Bullock is 10/12 (83.3%) on FG's, and a perfect 13/13 on XP's, which were a huge problem for Nuge.

We found a steady young kicker with a strong leg, and he's playing well. Why are we upset again? Confused

Yeah that guy who plays for the Eagles made all his kicks today. So did ours.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Definitely an upgrade over Nugent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Very true, S&B, but he did contribute to the loss of the GB game. I think some folks might still be harboring some ill will for that.

I guess my biggest problem with Bullock is that he may be young, but we had Elliott for a four year period on a rookie scale. He did have a few misses, but his ball just seemed....this is going to sound stupid...straighter! Bullock is like a golfer that has adapted his game to a slice so he aims 20 yards left and, for the time being, ends up getting a fairly straight result out of it. My fear is that he will lose that aim and things will go haywire.

It isn't just because Elliott hit that 61 yarder, which was pretty cool, but because I fear they made the wrong selection for the long run.

Plus, my wife was looking at the bench with binoculars and she said "who is that fat guy? #4? Is he our kicker?".

Ugh, yes dear. I did kind of laugh when she said it.
Reply/Quote
Gotta admit I took great pleasure in seeing the mighty Gonzales shank one yesterday.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yep...and basically all kickers miss kicks now and then. Bullock has been a vast upgrade to Nugent.

Gonzales and Elliot likely would have been too.
Reply/Quote
Could have used that draft pick for a needed OL or something is the sad part.

Total Bengals move.

But it is water under the bridge now.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 01:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have a young (27) former 5th round pick who is currently a Bengal and is getting zero appreciation for the fine job he is doing. He's been a clear upgrade from Mike Nugent. In a competition he was meant to lose, he proved to be the more steady kicker and won the job. In 6 games, Randy Bullock is 10/12 (83.3%) on FG's, and a perfect 13/13 on XP's, which were a huge problem for Nuge.

We found a steady young kicker with a strong leg, and he's playing well. Why are we upset again?  Confused

Partially because Bullock has a not-so-favorable track record and while Nugent was the bulk of the problem, don't forget Bullock was part of the problem last year as well.
He missed a game winner vs Houston. 
That matters. The north remembers. 
Reply/Quote
I guess Elliot will never miss a game winner or miss a kick in a close loss. Rolleyes

And he's not a few pounds overweight. Facepalm

Bottom line is that the dude has missed 2 kicks out of 25 total. He's done a fine job, whether you guys want to acknowledge it or not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 01:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Partially because Bullock has a not-so-favorable track record and while Nugent was the bulk of the problem, don't forget Bullock was part of the problem last year as well.
He missed a game winner vs Houston. 
That matters. The north remembers. 

its been stated time after time he missed that kick because no one notified him of a different snap cadence which through his timing off (which we know is huge for a kicker)

Listen I will give grief where its due, like the missed kick in Green Bay and for Dalton taking a sack on the play

But guys lets be honest the kicking game is the least of our problems...

Fat Randy > Nugent
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess Elliot will never miss a game winner or miss a kick in a close loss.  Rolleyes

And he's not a few pounds overweight.  Facepalm

Bottom line is that the dude has missed 2 kicks out of 25 total. He's done a fine job, whether you guys want to acknowledge it or not.

Did anyone say Elliot never would?
But Bullock has been one of the worst in the league at "clutch" kicking since he came into it.
I don't feel like pulling the posts up but the stats have been posted. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: ...Plus, my wife was looking at the bench with binoculars and she said "who is that fat guy?  #4?  Is he our kicker?"...

Any man who can get his leg up that high with a belly like that has my undying admiration. Go Team Bullock!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Plus, my wife was looking at the bench with binoculars and she said "who is that fat guy?  #4?  Is he our kicker?".  

Ugh, yes dear.  I did kind of laugh when she said it.

at least he wont break if he ever has to tackle someone lol
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess Elliot will never miss a game winner or miss a kick in a close loss.  Rolleyes

And he's not a few pounds overweight.  Facepalm

To me the Bengals went out and fixed the Nugent problem.

I would rather see some overkill to fix a problem (ie so called wasting a pick on a rookie) only to keep Bullock, than to not do enough to fix a problem.
Reply/Quote
This song pretty much sums up why we want Elliot so badly:

Reply/Quote
He squeaked that XP in, I suppose it still counts for some, lol. That's bothersome to me but we'll see come real football weather what that hook shot does.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Did anyone say Elliot never would?
But Bullock has been one of the worst in the league at "clutch" kicking since he came into it.
I don't feel like pulling the posts up but the stats have been posted. 

I couldn't care less what happened in Houston. He's been good for us, and it's already been explained why he missed the one kick last year.
Reply/Quote
I'll just say this. I was never really all that thrilled with either of them in camp. And to be honest if the easter bunny is kicking for us and making em I'm good.

If Bullock keeps it up and continues kicking well I'm fine with it.
Reply/Quote
We don't need someone who's always straight down the middle. We just needed a guy who can do the job and not shank too many kicks.

Bullock beat out Elliott, and now Elliott is playing for the Eagles. I hope Elliott has a great career with the Eagles because if he doesn't, Eagle fans will shank him if he shanks too many.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: at least he wont break if he ever has to tackle someone lol

Good point, but do you ever think he would catch someone to make a tackle?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 01:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have a young (27) former 5th round pick who is currently a Bengal and is getting zero appreciation for the fine job he is doing. He's been a clear upgrade from Mike Nugent. In a competition he was meant to lose, he proved to be the more steady kicker and won the job. In 6 games, Randy Bullock is 10/12 (83.3%) on FG's, and a perfect 13/13 on XP's, which were a huge problem for Nuge.

We found a steady young kicker with a strong leg, and he's playing well. Why are we upset again?  Confused

As someone who wanted us to keep Elliot even after Bullock "won" the preseason, I will admit that I don't really have a complaint about Bullock right now. I could argue that the miss in the GB game cost us the game, but I won't. 

Now, if he misses an actual game winner, I will be back on the anti-Bullock bandwagon, but for now, it's nice that ONE problem from last season was fixed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote