Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Bullock extension
Bengals signed Fat Randy to a 2 year extension today. After watching the kicking debacles last week I can’t blame them, hope he keeps his consistency throughout this contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's made 90% of his kicks since he's been here. He's earned it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Bengals signed Fat Randy to a 2 year extension today. After watching the kicking debacles last week I can’t blame them, hope he keeps his consistency throughout this contract.

Yeah, he is making everything and this might just up his confidence. I hope so anyways.
Reply/Quote
I like it. He’s solid.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Bengals signed Fat Randy to a 2 year extension today. After watching the kicking debacles last week I can’t blame them, hope he keeps his consistency throughout this contract.

Good for him.  I'm kind of surprised that kid Brown that they had in camp wasn't signed somewhere given all the kicking football follies that you mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 05:05 PM)BengalD Wrote: Good for him.  I'm kind of surprised that kid Brown that they had in camp wasn't signed somewhere given all the kicking football follies that you mentioned.

He can make the long ones, but can't make the short ones and PATs.….. that is not going to get you a kicking job in the NFL. He needs more work....
Reply/Quote
Great ! Bullock is solid
Reply/Quote
Gratz Randy
Reply/Quote
We should probably consider dropping the “Fat Randy” moniker at this point. Guy has been really good for us. It was funny for awhile, but like anything else I think it’s becoming a little played out...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 05:04 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I like it.  He’s solid.

Is that a fat joke?
Reply/Quote
yeah he's earned it, he's been solid for us, just wish he was that Tucker guy!!!!
Reply/Quote
Thing that always got me about that Jake Elliott 61 yard game winning field goal?

Nobody ever talks about how the only reason they desperately needed that FG to win was because Elliott missed one earlier in the game, which would have made the 61 yard try unnecessary if made.

Bullock might not be able to hit it at 61, but as long as he routinely makes anything inside 45, I will be satisfied. The gimmie points that you miss out on are the real soul crushers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Kicker and long-snapper are two things on my football team that I don't want to have to worry, or for that matter, think much about. Just want a dependable guy who gets the job done. Randy qualifies. And since he got paid today, he's earned the moniker Phat Randy. Good on him.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
He has come through big time. Exceeding my expectations and I was a Brown fan. He deserves it to be honest.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how excited i am about this. While he's great inside 40, the Bengals know his limitations and rarely go for field goals of over 50 yards. Sometimes those 3 points can make a huge difference in a game.
Reply/Quote

And in other news, stock of Golden Corral up 2 points...

Just kidding, FR...

You earned the contract.  Well done.  
Reply/Quote
He’s earned it. Good to see.

Reply/Quote
Fine with the signing. Everyone wants a guy with a big leg but I’d rather a guy who is accurate but weaker leg vs an inaccurate boomer. Not every team can get a Justin Tucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 06:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We should probably consider dropping the “Fat Randy” moniker at this point. Guy has been really good for us. It was funny for awhile, but like anything else I think it’s becoming a little played out...

Yeah, I been rolling with Big Randy.....hasn't seemed to catch on. LMAO

Good move here again.  I wonder if the recent barrage of shitty kickers led the FO to make a move now to ensure we didn't go through that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 06:51 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm not sure how excited i am about this. While he's great inside 40, the Bengals know his limitations and rarely go for field goals of over 50 yards. Sometimes those 3 points can make a huge difference in a game.

To be fair, though, Merv has never been the kind of guy to go for those long FGs (outside of late in the 4th QTR). Right or wrong, he always plays for field position so he'd rather punt it and try to pin them inside the 5 (which he can do thanks to Huber) instead of possibly missing a long FG and giving the other team good field position.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote