1-6
7-12
13-19
20-26
27-32
DAX
JOSH
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank Our CBs (2024)
It seems CTB is not a very good tackler, but good in coverage; although I have nothing to back that up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems CTB is not a very good tackler, but good in coverage; although I have nothing to back that up.

CTB is a very physical tackler, I don't know how it seems he is not a very good tackler to you lol
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: CTB is a very physical tackler, I don't know how it seems he is not a very good tackler to you lol

His Missed Tackle % has been 9.8% and 7.4% in his two years in the league, which is pretty poor.  Physical tackler, yes.  Good tackler, no.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 12:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: His Missed Tackle % has been 9.8% and 7.4% in his two years in the league, which is pretty poor.  Physical tackler, yes.  Good tackler, no.

nah, CTB is top 5, baby!

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: CTB is a very physical tackler, I don't know how it seems he is not a very good tackler to you lol

It's why I said "seems" as all I had was the "eyeball test". When we drafted him I thought he may make the move to FS, but then I "saw" how bad he was a tackling and said he needs to stay at CB
(06-25-2024, 12:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: His Missed Tackle % has been 9.8% and 7.4% in his two years in the league, which is pretty poor.  Physical tackler, yes.  Good tackler, no.

"Eyeball Test" validated. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Thanks for the percentages, guess Bfine was right and CTB needs to work on wrapping up better instead of going for the big hit all the time.

Because yeah, he likes to hit and plays very physical.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's why I said "seems" as all I had was the "eyeball test". When we drafted him I thought he may make the move to FS, but then I "saw" how bad he was a tackling and said he needs to stay at CB

"Eyeball Test" validated. 

I wouldn't call him a bad tackler, but those percentages back you up. 

As those percentages show CTB can improve in wrapping up instead of just going for the big hit. I have seen him go for the big hit instead at times.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wouldn't call him a bad tackler, but those percentages back you up. 

As those percentages show CTB can improve in wrapping up instead of just going for the big hit. I have seen him go for the big hit instead at times.

Often, big hitters are poor tacklers because they are focusing on trying to lower the boom instead of form tackling and simply getting the guy on the ground.
Reply/Quote
Of all the groups, this one needs a vet CB brought in. This is to give much needed depth. Bring experience that can help the younger ones. Plus give us an edge in 5 WR sets. You can't have enough good CBs.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 05:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Often, big hitters are poor tacklers because they are focusing on trying to lower the boom instead of form tackling and simply getting the guy on the ground.

So true.

(06-26-2024, 09:33 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Of all the groups, this one needs a vet CB brought in.  This is to give much needed depth.  Bring experience that can help the younger ones.  Plus give us an edge in 5 WR sets.  You can't have enough good CBs.

Stephon Gilmore or Xavien Howard would be nice additions to our Cornerback room...
Reply/Quote