Poll: Where you got the triplets
1-5 (Elite)
6-12 (Top Teir)
13-19 (League Average)
20-25 (Bottom Teir)
26-32 (league Worst)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank Our OTs 2024
We next move to the Offensive side of the ball and look at our bookends. We cannot say the Bengals have not tried to address this; we've just had mixed results. This year we roll with the Ghidorah of Brown-Brown-Mims

Last year we ranked out OTs about average:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rank-Our-OTs-2023

As always The competition:
ATL: JAKE MATTHEWS/ KALEB MCGARY/ STORM NORTON
ARZ: BUDPARIS JOHNSON/ JONAH WILLIAMS/ KELVIN BEACHUM
BAL: RONNIE STANLEY/ DANIEL FAALELE/ ROGER ROSENGARTEN
BUF: DION DAWKINS/ SPENCER BROWN/ LA’EL COLLINS
CAR: IKEM EKWONU/ TAYLOR MOTON/ YOSH NIJMAN
CHI: BRAXTON JONES/ DARNELL WRIGHT/ LARRY BOROM
CLV: JEDRICK WILLIS/ JACK CONKLIN/ DAWAND JONES
DAL: TYLER GUYTON/ TERENCE STEELE/ CHUMA EDOGA
DEN: GARETT BOLLES/ MIKE MCGLINCHEY/ MATT PEART
DET: TAYLOR DECKER/ PENEI SEWELL/ GIOVANNI MANU
GBP: RASHEED WALKER/ ZACH TOM/ JORDAN MORGAN
HOU: LAREMY TUNSIL/ BLAKE FISHER/ DAVID SHARPE
IND: BERNHARD RAIMANN/ BRADEN SMITH/ MATT GONCALVES
JAX: CAM ROBINSON/ ANTON HARRISON/ WALKER LITTLE
KCC: WANYA MORRIS/ JAWAAN TAYLOR/ LUCAS NIANG
LAC: RASHAWN SLATER/ JOE ALT/ TREY PIPKENS
LAR: ALARIC JACKSON/ ROB HAVENSTIEN/ JOE NOTEBOOM
LVR: KOLTON MILLER/ THAYER MUNFORD/ DELMAR GLAZE
MIA: TERRON ARMSTEAD/ AUSTIN JACKSON/ PATRICK PAUL
MIN: CHRISTIAN DARRISAW/ BRIAN ONEILL/ WALTER ROUSE
NEP: CHUK OKORAFOR/ MIKE ONWENU/ CAEDAN WALLACE
NOS: TALIESE FUAGA/ RYAN RAMCYZK/ TREVOR PENNING
NYG: ANDREW THOMAS/ EVAN NEAL/ JERMAINE ELUEMANOR
NYJ: TYRON SMITH/ MORGAN MOSES/ OLU FASHANU
PHI: JORDAN MAILATA/ LANE JOHNSON/ MEKHI BECTON
PIT: TROY FAUTANU/ BRODERICK JONES/ DAN MOORE
SEA: CHARLES CROSS/ ABRAHAM LUCAS/ GEORGE FAINT
SFF: TRENT WILLIAMS/ COLTON MCKIVITZ/ JAYLON MOORE
TBB: TRISTAN WIRFS/ LUKE GOEDEKE/ JUSTIN SKULE
TEN: JC LATHAM/ DILLON RADUNZ/ NICHOLAS PETIT-FRERE
WAS: BRANDON COLEMAN/ ANDREW WYLIE/ CONRELIUS LUCAS

TOP FA’s: DAVID BAKHITARI/ DONOVAN SMITH/ CHARLES LENO/ DUANE BROWN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They are probly #1 for Largest group of humans on the list
Reply/Quote
I voted top tier, and would've loved to select Elite, but I feel like Orlando Brown wasn't as great as I initially expected, so I'm not sure what we get this year. Then you've got Trent Brown who can't last a whole season (I'd love to be wrong for this year!) . When on the field, he's elite. Mims has quite the ceiling but I'd prefer he not need to play this year if it can be avoided. Either way, this'll be the best bookends Burrow has had. I am optimistic for sure, just cautiously.
Reply/Quote
I can see the Bengals solid veteran combo and promising rookie getting into the top 10 especially since we should count starting rookies as incomplete.

Tytus Howard might move back to Right Tackle for the Texans if Kenyon Green is back from injury. Howard could be a 2025 trade candidate though.

Edit: Chiefs Wanya Morris was arrested for possession a few days ago so the Bengals could see Kingsley Suamataia week 2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
When healthy this is about as good as we have seen in quite a while at Tackle. Orlando Brown is decent, he allows a lot of
pressures but not a lot of Sacks. Trent Brown is fantastic when healthy, he just cannot stay healthy. Amarius Mims has the
highest upside of any OL I have seen in years and looked very polished when he did play at Georgia.

I voted top tier.
Reply/Quote
Should be top 10.Anyway,I’m probably more optimistic than most. But,I like the moves they’ve made this year addressing our OL.
Reply/Quote
Went top tier. I don't think I could pick 11 groups above our trio. If we get above average (for them) years from Brown and Brown I think that pushes us to an elite top 5 T tandem though.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for typing them out. Makes it easy to compare.

I love the additions but I'm staying cautiously optimistic for now. I counted possibly 15 teams ahead of us so I put us in the third group. But that's ok. That's the bare minimum. We're at least there, with the potential to be a lot higher imo.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 01:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They are probly #1 for Largest group of humans on the list

I don't think there's much doubt, LoL. 

As to the ranking, I'm going 13, just outside of top tier. I think it will depend on the RT position. Does Brown stay healthy? Does Mims develop quickly? If so, I think they're solidly in that top tier group.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I voted 6-12

I think there's potential to be well within that group
Reply/Quote
Too many unknowns. I'm not just talking about health. These are talented, large players and that is fantastic but the right tackle position is all new. I am excited to see how it turns out but it could be anywhere from a top 5 tandem to the bottom part of "league average" or worse. Nothing is a given.

Reply/Quote
13-19 We are weak in the interior. If Cappa recovers, Volson improves and O. Brown plays better we're right there at 13 - which is miles better than what we have had. I'm really excited about our tackles, but we did nothing to improve a mediocre interior.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 06:07 PM)3wt Wrote: 13-19 We are weak in the interior. If Cappa recovers, Volson improves and O. Brown plays better we're right there at 13 - which is miles better than what we have had. I'm really excited about our tackles, but we did nothing to improve a mediocre interior.

This thread is only for the tackles.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I said League Average. I believe they will take a big jump up going thru the season.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2024, 09:22 PM)jason Wrote: This thread is only for the tackles.

Yes, beat me to it. I don't think our interior is as bad as 3wt says either, but our Tackles are better than 13-19 if they stay healthy IMO.

Trent Brown is great when he is healthy, maybe the best pass blocking swing Tackle in the NFL when healthy. But we all know he cannot
stay healthy so that has to be considered in the rankings. Orlando Brown Jr had a rough year, but he still didn't give up many sacks. Mims
could be fantastic with his film as there are no weaknesses to his game.
Reply/Quote
I voted Average till they can prove otherwise. On paper it looks damn near elite but I thought the same last year. Everyone just needs to stay healthy…PLEASE! And we will see how it goes. I will say that I don’t recall this organization pouring money into a position group the way they have the oline the past few years. It’s bound to pay off at some point.

SB- Bengals 35 Lions 28
Reply/Quote
One thing I asked folks to do last year and feel free to do it here as it generates more discussion. Give your top 5.

MINE:
1- DET
2- PHI
3- MIN
4- IND
5- CIN

Reply/Quote

FWIW

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
FWIW

bfine32 Wrote:One thing I asked folks to do last year and feel free to do it here as it generates more discussion. Give your top 5.

MINE:
1- DET
2- PHI
3- MIN
4- IND
5- CIN

Good work PFF. They were very close to nailing it. 

Reply/Quote